***Official Miami Hurricanes Thread*** | Page 206 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

***Official Miami Hurricanes Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.
He beat VA Tech once.......other than that spot on on the post. I was a huge Randy defender and argued with guys like Cedarphin and JCane all day about giving him a chance.....that team saturday night looked as un inspired as they did during the 48-0 beatdown virginia put on them in the final game of the OB. And that all falls on Randy. Dude seems like a great guy, but he is in so far over his head it's comical right now.

I want Tommy Tubberville in Miami next year.....hell make another run at Greg Schiano. Force him to say no again, because I don't know that he would.

I am sick and tired of watching terrible sub par football.

And I loved the Whipple hire, but that guy seems like he doesn't seem to know what he wants to do on offense.

**** it I'll take Barney (yes, the purple dinosaur), at least he shows enthusiasm.

Swagger isn't going out there and dancing around midfield and acting like heathens.

Swagger is going out there with the mentality that you're going to win this game, come hell or high water and the team that beats you is going to be in for a 40 minute gridiron brawl.

This team doesn't have that mentality. They need people that do more than to via the motions.

Swagger doesn't win football games Tedd, players do. However, the mentality of "we're not going to lose" is what this team lacks.

There used to be a day where teams feared playing Miami. Now, it's no different than playing Georgia Tech or North Carolina.

Whipple is a GREAT offensive mind. The problem with Whipple is Jacory. We continue to recruit these kids out of high school who are accustomed to playing in spread offenses in high school and then Shannon wants to convert them to pro style QB's. Not going to work.

Bingo.

He beat VA Tech once.......other than that spot on on the post. I was a huge Randy defender and argued with guys like Cedarphin and JCane all day about giving him a chance.....that team saturday night looked as un inspired as they did during the 48-0 beatdown virginia put on them in the final game of the OB. And that all falls on Randy. Dude seems like a great guy, but he is in so far over his head it's comical right now.

I want Tommy Tubberville in Miami next year.....hell make another run at Greg Schiano. Force him to say no again, because I don't know that he would.

I am sick and tired of watching terrible sub par football.

And I loved the Whipple hire, but that guy seems like he doesn't seem to know what he wants to do on offense.

I've been saying he sucks since mid-season 2007. But yeah, he sucks.

Puppets_Medium-1.jpg

Cedar, you'll find this interesting. The rest of you will as well.

I had this emailed to me not too long ago. I believe the root of it came from CaneSport but it's accurate.

Heard that there was a little bit of Drama this week behind closed doors about the ability of Jacory to run a pro-style offense and that the staff may have to switch to accomodate his style HE LEARNED AT MNW...I hear they WANT to move to 4 and 5 WR sets because JH isnt comfortable going through progressions and it may make it easier for him to read a defense. The problem is RS wants the pro-style offense to be our backbone and wants things to develop off of it... My problem with all of this is why are we out recruiting a kid to be our ONLY qb in this class who takes 97% of his snaps from shotgun with 4 and 5 wide receiver sets? Can we REALLY expect him to come here and completely change EVERYTHING he has learned and gotten comfortable with....

The feedback I got from someone VERY CLOSE to both Jacory and Teddy is that at MNW they don't have any structure to their teaching at qb. That because of their offense and how they play they dont teach the kids to make progression reads and that each play is a FORCED throw or a SCRAMBLE situation...

And then this was the analysis/question posed to me.

So in essence we have two qb's who are expected to run a pro-style offense, both of which were never taught to make reads BUT simply react if RECEIVER 1 is covered.

Tell me why we arent looking at qb's who have some type of experience in the type of offense we are running or atleast have the fundamentals being taught about progressions and check downs like Rudock is being taight at STA....

We either need to switch to the spread so Jacory is capable of making plays full time, or find qb's who are better equipped to run a pro-style offense for the future...Taking a kid who runs 97% spread formations and 4 and 5 WR sets and expecting them to change is a bad philosophy...

This was also emailed to me. This I know came from CaneSport and the guy does indeed have some connections to the athletic department. And this guy NAILS it better than I have about Randy and the program. This is an incredible post.

What makes me sick about Gary & the other apologists

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

is that they think that because i want RS out they feel fans with that thinking are "gloom fans". Actually, I think a black head coach would've been the ideal thing for the university if he could win. We'd of been the first of the big 3 in Florida to go in that direction & succeed. Now suddenly that after watching the same crap for 4 years i know RS can't do the job I'm a "gloom fan" or "racist" or "hater". For you to throw those accusations around Gary shows you're amateur. The frustrating thing about it is it couldn't be more opposite. I wanted RS to succeed more than anything as the only thing I love more than the Canes is my family. Here's my issues with RS, & please Gary & RS apologists tell me where I'm wrong:

1. I think Randy's X's & O's are amongst the worst of any head coach in division 1. Can somebody point to any game that we've won during his tenure where you would credit it to our x's & o's? Even when RS was d coordinator my biggest problem with him was that he ran the same vanilla scheme & was too stubborn to ever mix it up. What makes great coaches is the ability to have the other team not knowing what to expect week in week out(ask bill belicheck). Please Gary or somebody explain to me about Randy's ability to create a gameplan a la what Jimbo did to us last week.

2. We haven't beaten a good team while RS has been here(&please don't give me that bs about oklahoma last year with Landry Jones) or the FSU team we beat a few years ago.

3. IF RS is such a great recruiter why do we have so many problems at so many positions? I feel the following positions we have limited talent at after him being here 4 years. Please correct me if i'm wrong. QB, TE, DT, LB, S, & CB (yes we have brandon, but what else?) not to mention our special teams. Bosher's a good punter, but we've been allergic to touchbacks on kick offs now for years. How many years does a "great recruiter" need to stock the team when your university is one of the most storied football programs who oh by the way happens to be in the biggest breeding ground for recruiting?

4. I understand we're not going to win the NC annually, but a sign of a good team was one that after losses would improve as the season goes on. Instead we've had season ending games where our players didn't give a crap (viriginia & wisconsin) not to mention last week. To not have your team ready to play for a bowl game after a month off or in front of sell out crowds & quit is unacceptable.

5. Letting players get out of our backyard & bad evaluations of talent

Bryan rolle-starting LB for ohio state from imokalee (edgerrin's high school) dying to be a Cane, but he didn't meet Shannon's height requirement. WE Really didn't need a stud local LB right?

Janoris Jenkins-played as a true freshman for our biggest rival UFag, & played great at a position of need CB. Why didn't randy want him again? oh yea he's too small. Meanwhile the guy tackles like a LB, & would be better at tackling than the majority of our starters.

Jayron Hosley-starting CB for Virginia tech who had 3 picks last week. Kid is a ball hawk. He was discussed ad nauseum on these boards, & was dying for an offer but we wouldn't offer him. Why again? We've got brandon harris an underachieving DVD, & mcghee at CB & that's all for the moment.

Denard Robinson-local stud who our posters in the storm center were demanding answers as to why we weren't recruiting him. Oh yea because RS promises his QB commits that they will be the only QB in that class, so we didn't want to let Denard come unless he'd play db. Boy I'm sure we wouldn't want to have a QB like Denard on our roster now because we have sooo much talent.

missed on the following top South Florida LOCAL talent for whatever reason: Corey Lemonier, Ivan McCartney, Corey Liuget, Jeff Luc, Lemarcus Joyner, Nick Alajian, Jon Bostic, Gerald Christian, Lynden Trail, etc.

6. Correct me if I'm wrong on this on as well Gary....the mantra always is that "look what he inherited from Coker" excuse me, but wasn't Shannon the DC all those years for Coker & a big part of the Larry Coker regime? Was he not recruiting while he was DC? What players did Coker bring in his last say 4 or so seasons? None of the kids on Coker's watch RS was responsible for recruiting suddenly? Why did DC Shannon not pass any talent to himself after coaching the defense for all those years?

I could continue my argument, but I don't want to write a book. The bottom line is that I hope to the good lord that at the end of the season I have to come say about how I was wrong about Shannon. Gary, you have a better chance of catching polio than that happening. I just hope that we if we don't see some major improvement in this team we don't let this cancer fester another year!

Very interesting. They need to get a QB who's worth his salt in a pro style offense. Myself, I'd recruit somewhere in CA, as it seems most of the HS's around here run a fairly pro-style offense. There are the occasional ones that run the option exclusively, but for the most part, you can find a kid here that will do a PS offense. Ditto for Texas, ditto for PA, etc.

This once again shows Shantard's incompetence of roster management. If he wants to run the pro-style offense, then recruit a QB that plays a pro-style offense. Let kids like Harris and Bridgewater go to Oregon, Texas Tech, or Hawaii. OR, if you want a QB that plays that, then find somebody who will set up that type of offense. We had guys that ran that type of offense like Cook, but he got run off for whatever reason. Shannon's a jackass. I've been saying it since 2007. He's in over his head.

I hope to god this idiot is fired soon.

This was also emailed to me. This I know came from CaneSport and the guy does indeed have some connections to the athletic department. And this guy NAILS it better than I have about Randy and the program. This is an incredible post.

That guy knocked it out of the park.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom