***Official Miami Hurricanes Thread*** | Page 612 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

***Official Miami Hurricanes Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only thing we have to look forward to is the Florida State game. No way we win the coastal with what I have seen.
I am not sure we are going to win this one either.
Losing a game is one thing but that was thorough beating. If LSU would not have put the brakes on it would have been 45 or 50 to 3.

We will be winning against the wannabes like Savannah State and Toledo but right now I don't give them a shot against FSU, VT etc.

I wouldn’t over analyze this game to the levels that it will get overanalyzed.

Truth is, that was a tough battle for a team that needed some time to develop the trenches and we got whooped. We missed our veteran DTs. We can get better there and will get better but we weren’t ready to handle that physicality.

But fact remains, you cannot send Rosier out there and expect a top level team. I understand Richt has no faith in the guys up front yet and Malik knows how to duck, dodge and move forward at a level that is probably better than his other options at this point. . . .but his inability to have consistent accuracy is half the reason teams put so much pressure up front and force him to beat them.

I mean u just have to look at Alabama . . . Sure their QB had them like 26-2 . . . .but if he is Jay Fiedler and you have Marino on the bench (Tua), you are just limiting your potential because u don’t wanna rock the boat.

I still believe this team wins the Coastal . . . .but not if Richt doesn’t grow a pair and send Perry or Williams out there. I expect others to get run these next 3 weeks and Richt needs to pull the plug on Rosier if he wants to save the season.

Disappointing way to start the season . . . But I just wanna see us get better and get these young guys some PT while we go thru the softer part of this schedule.

I wouldn’t over analyze this game to the levels that it will get overanalyzed.

Truth is, that was a tough battle for a team that needed some time to develop the trenches and we got whooped. We missed our veteran DTs. We can get better there and will get better but we weren’t ready to handle that physicality.

But fact remains, you cannot send Rosier out there and expect a top level team. I understand Richt has no faith in the guys up front yet and Malik knows how to duck, dodge and move forward at a level that is probably better than his other options at this point. . . .but his inability to have consistent accuracy is half the reason teams put so much pressure up front and force him to beat them.

I mean u just have to look at Alabama . . . Sure their QB had them like 26-2 . . . .but if he is Jay Fiedler and you have Marino on the bench (Tua), you are just limiting your potential because u don’t wanna rock the boat.

I still believe this team wins the Coastal . . . .but not if Richt doesn’t grow a pair and send Perry or Williams out there. I expect others to get run these next 3 weeks and Richt needs to pull the plug on Rosier if he wants to save the season.

Disappointing way to start the season . . . But I just wanna see us get better and get these young guys some PT while we go thru the softer part of this schedule.
Not sure where you saw bright spots to have that positive outlook. As much as Rosier sucked this was a beating on offense and defense. For the better part of 2 1/2 quarters we looked like we are for the first time on the field. Our defense was shredded and if not for LSU pulling back we would have lost by a 40+ point margin.

If we would have lost a close game I would remain positive but that was an execution.

Thomas looked very good as our slot and should have had several more catches if we had better QB play. Hightower can play and should see the field often going forward.
Willis was solid in the middle at DT with 8 tackles , a sack and a few QB hurries. Garvin played good but Joe Jackson disappeared. Pickney missed several tackles. Shaq played ok but we need more from our vet LB's
Dean is not a starting caliber CB
D.J. Dallas looked good before he got hurt but Homer only had 8 touches total with is unexplainable to me.
I would start Perry next week and break him in in the next 3 very winnable games. If he can't handle it give Weldon a shot.
Rosier is a good team player and can be a valuable #2 going forward

Clemson has Jay Fielder on the field with Marino on the bench too. I hope Dabo changes qb soon. Please for the love of god lol.

I have a feeling Weldon is the next man up. Perry needs to be though

Perry is the next man up. His suspension was for something that happened during camp like being late for meetings. We'll see him vs SS next week and probably Weldon too.

Hoping he balls out and changes Richt mind about Rosier.

Starting field position.... This is something that I am going to pay close attention to the next few games. Feagles is averaging 36.4 so far. He averaged 38.6 last season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom