***Official Miami Hurricanes Thread*** | Page 616 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

***Official Miami Hurricanes Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like that Miami can turn it on offensively but they are so sporadic about it.

I'm happy with the pull ahead win.

Hate to be a Nebraska or FSU fan ;)

And that sporadicness is a very big problem.

It is a detriment to the defense as well as the offense can go through some lethargic spells and the defense just seems to lose focus when it happens. Hell we see it with the Dolphins.

Ultimately we are gonna be in close games all year, just like last year, and the weaker ACC Coastal gives us a shot for a conference championship game . . . .but this team is nowhere close to where it needs to be to compete for something serious. The offensive line is gonna struggle for the foreseeable future and you know you will get inconsistent Rosier more than a few times this season.

Is what it is tho

It's a win. I'll take it but lots of work to do. Rosier is a tough dude just not an accurate passer.
The O line having trouble with the likes of Savanna st and Toledo. Does not bode well for the ACC games down the road.
We are playing some guys on defense who are not very good like Knowles. Time to get Hall in the mix.
Lucky FSU is on the schedule :chuckle:

Yeah, that win does not make me feel very good. I am usually not the overcritical type guy when it comes to games like that but Toledo exposed a lot of flaws plus some self inflicted problems. Besides our OL and QB questionable I did not like how Toledo exposed our defense from the end of the 2nd quarter through most of the third quarter.

It's a win. I'll take it but lots of work to do. Rosier is a tough dude just not an accurate passer.
The O line having trouble with the likes of Savanna st and Toledo. Does not bode well for the ACC games down the road.
We are playing some guys on defense who are not very good like Knowles. Time to get Hall in the mix.
Lucky FSU is on the schedule :chuckle:

FSU looks awful. Outright awful. I flipped over during our breaks plus there was a good stretch I could watch when we went into halftime and our game was over.

Time to steal some of those high rated Noles recruits for next year :up:

Yeah, that win does not make me feel very good. I am usually not the overcritical type guy when it comes to games like that but Toledo exposed a lot of flaws plus some self inflicted problems. Besides our OL and QB questionable I did not like how Toledo exposed our defense from the end of the 2nd quarter through most of the third quarter.

They fell apart with JJ out of the game. Seemed like a lot of miscommunication between the LBs and the DBs, and the Toledo QB evaded that initial pressure from the front 4 and easily gashed the defense for 10 yards a pop before getting touched.

The unit loses focus when the offense goes stagnant. Both sides of the ball feed off each other and when the offense is going 3 and out and the defense can’t create turnovers, there will be ugly stretches of football.

The defense was dropping like flies for whatever reason. Toledo runs the type of offense that can make decent defenses look suspect, and Miami with their leader out and a lot of fresh faces in due to injury, the unit got worked. It is worrying but I think adjustments can be made.

Zero penalties today if you don't count the out of bounds kicks. Huge improvement from the first game.

If we can play mistake free football we still have a chance to be very good.

@ Boston college and @ VT will decide our season IMO

Expect Butch Davis and FIU to come out ready to play next week.

FIU's guys will come ready to play, but it won't matter a bit, because they aren't nearly as talented as Miami. They also don't have nearly as good of a football program. Butch has been trying to build it pretty much from scratch, and he's doing a great job, but Miami is going to blow the doors off the Panthers next Saturday. If FIU keeps it within 20, it will be a huge moral victory for the program.

FIU's guys will come ready to play, but it won't matter a bit, because they aren't nearly as talented as Miami. They also don't have nearly as good of a football program. Butch has been trying to build it pretty much from scratch, and he's doing a great job, but Miami is going to blow the doors off the Panthers next Saturday. If FIU keeps it within 20, it will be a huge moral victory for the program.
Yep, being ready and being competitive are two different things.

Get a big lead early and then get the freshmen some more playing time . The ACC schedule starts next Thursday vs NC at the rock

Go Canes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom