***Official Miami Hurricanes Thread*** | Page 642 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

***Official Miami Hurricanes Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cable my way isn't carrying the game. Made no effort to stream it.

LOTS of penalties on offense - they've killed themselves over and over in critical situations. A couple on defense too when they had GT stopped in long yardage.

Three turnovers. Hard to overcome.

They tried to feed Cager to no avail. He never got any separation. He has 1 catch for 14 yards.

5-5 wow. This program has taken a step back and it will take years to recover.

No way we are ranked next season and most likely we will not have a chance to climb much with another weak schedule.

The U is not back and probably will never be under Richt.

The blackout uniforms didn't work for Richt at UGA and they don't appear to work in Miami either.

Not a fan. At all.

I despise those uniforms. It screams that the program is on tilt. I refused to attend the home game against Florida State maybe 4 years ago due to wearing black uniforms. I sold our two tickets for $170 apiece and paid for the entire season including parking.

I think I'll write a nasty sarcastic letter to Blake James regarding those uniforms.

Otherwise I really dislike the 3-man line against an option offense against Georgia Tech. I had a fairly substantial wager on Canes +4.5 tonight and as soon as I saw the 3-man line with cavernous gaps for the B-back on either side of center I basically gave up and knew it would require a semi-miracle to cover, let alone win. The spread got bet down to as low as -1 but I did not play back on Georgia Tech.

These days with not many option teams out there you see wild fluctuation in defensive strategy when teams do face them. Clemson has awesome defensive personnel and ran lots of 3-man line this season with success against Georgia Tech. I think Diaz probably was overly influenced by that.

But I still prefer the attacking 4-2-5 or 4-4-3 against that offense, with the two defensive tackles pinched together. That's what Jimmy Johnson ran back in the '80s.

You have to understand the mindset of the option offense. The pitch seldom actually happens on the corner. How many times did it happen tonight...2 or 3? They never want to reach that point, where they are dependent on the final option. As long as you give them those gaps for the B-back (fullback) the option offense is relaxed, knowing that things will unfold their way.

The genius announcer tonight was amazed that Georgia Tech is 9th nationally in yards per pass attempt. That is actually terrible for an option team. Georgia Tech has been over 9 YPA and within the top 3 or 4 nationally several times in Johnson's tenure.

Anyway, this is a fragile disappointing Canes team and the wolves will be out for Richt. Everyone is demanding an offensive coordinator and it is difficult to argue against that. I attended the Boston College game a couple of weeks ago and it was unlike any roader I have attended since 2011. Normally those road games are a high energy and optimism get together, no matter the coach or the situation. This time it was like a numbing realization that the Richt era will not pan out. It was a late arriving and early departing Canes crowd, although still high in numbers during the bulk of the game itself.

When I returned to the Boston Common parking garage by 20-stop rapid transit, it was loaded with fellow Canes fans and barely a peep for 45 minutes. When we did talk it was agreement that the offense is a joke with coordinator needed.

Normally that type of thing doesn't work anyway and its mostly a band aid until the head coach is forced out. But it did work for Notre Dame when they changed defensive coordinators away from VanGorder several years ago.

I have little hope for N'Kosi Perry right now. He is so tiny and insignificant out there and not a running threat at all.

Went to a VIP party last night and missed the whole thing.

And honestly, I didn’t care, which is insane.

Mark Richt zapped all of the energy I had for this team and he really put himself on the hot seat next season with the abomination which is 2018.

He absolutely has to hire an offensive coordinator in 2019. And no more damn excuses when it comes to QB, OLine and punter.

Malik was 10-0 last year and you literally pulled him in the Pittsburgh game for a bad half . . . .Dude that is not your QB . . . Yet you bring him back to start this year . . . You can’t make it up.

Last edited:
Yeah we need to change up the offense big time

Attachments

• Drrip0dVAAE7toV.jpeg
    Drrip0dVAAE7toV.jpeg
    61.9 KB · Views: 6
Richt can go for all I care and the sooner the better.

His ceiling as a coach was hit numerous times at Georgia.

He won't come close to that any time soon.

I'd take Mike Gundy if I could.

ACC

Coastal Division

Pittsburgh clinches with win at Wake Forest or Virginia loses at Georgia Tech
The Pitt Panthers are in a good spot to wrap up their first division championship since joining the ACC. With head-to-head tiebreakers already stacked up against Virginia, Virginia Tech and Georgia Tech, Pat Narduzzi’s program can clinch the division outright with a win or a Virginia loss this weekend. And having that all locked up before having to travel to Miami, where the Hurricanes could be looking for revenge after last year’s game, would be nice.

Clemson clinched the Atlantic Division last week.

https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/barry-jackson/article221314905.html

McINTOSH FALLOUT

UM’s struggles this season were a factor in four-star Fort Lauderdale University School running back Kenny McIntosh committing to Georgia on Wednesday, according to his father.

Richard McIntosh Sr. said “Miami’s struggles contributed” to his decision, as well as the Hurricanes’ “lack of offensive production, the decommits they’ve had” and the difficulty generating a running game behind their offensive line.

Whole team is falling apart. We need a strong Athletic Director.

Basketball's the only sport worth a **** right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom