***Official Miami Hurricanes Thread*** | Page 661 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

***Official Miami Hurricanes Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hopefully Enos brings Hurts with him.

Still super interested in Martell but won't be eligible to play until 2020. Perfect scenario. Get both.

Crazy to think we were able to hire Bama's OC in waiting, and he also had an offer for the OC gig at Georgia. Yes, he's pro style but I don't care this is a huge get.

Manny did a masterful job with the smoke screen. Got every outlet talking about Miami.

Bet this guy wants another shot at Clemson. Really hope Hurts comes along with him.

Word out of T-town is "Dan was asked to seek another job"
He helped put that game plan in for Monday night's massacre....
Whole new offensive staff at Bama.

He was supposed to be at Michigan then bolted for Bama. When he was with Sparty he was known as a good developer of QBs. He isnt well thought of by Arkansas fans though

Hopefully Enos brings Hurts with him.

Still super interested in Martell but won't be eligible to play until 2020. Perfect scenario. Get both.

Crazy to think we were able to hire Bama's OC in waiting, and he also had an offer for the OC gig at Georgia. Yes, he's pro style but I don't care this is a huge get.

Pro style is a positive, not a negative. Last thing I wanted was a cupcake spread coach.

I love this hire if Enos brings his 2015 Arkansas philosophy. I enjoyed watching that offense so much I taped their games every week. Brandon Allen improved to such extent was fooled into thinking he was a decent later round quarterback value. Actually I think he is still in the league somewhere.

Power looks but tons of variety. I never knew if Arkansas would line up in I formation or empty 4 wide. Lots of late shifting, sometimes into an I look and sometimes out of it. Spread concepts and also RPO. Lots of use of the tight end. Also the fullback but a mobile fullback.

I would call it Wisconsin but not as physical and more varied. Actually I think Wisconsin under Rudolph has improved on this in some respects but that probably wouldn't be consensus because this version has more wrinkles.

Not fast paced. I remember that Arkansas would spent quite a bit of time staring at the sideline and getting the new play and formation. Then the receivers would sometimes get confused regarding where to line up or where to shift. I always attributed that to such variance from play to play.

Needs a more stout and powerful offensive line than the Canes have fielded recently. Arkansas was clicking under Enos when the big line was enabling Alex Collins to rush for nearly 6 yards per carry. Once they didn't own the trenches everything started to fall apart and frankly I thought they were too cute for the SEC. Nobody was respecting the shifts and motion when the line was weaker, the quarterbacking was supbar, and the defense could simply attack. I saw Arkansas at South Carolina in person in 2017 and it was a sad performance with lots of defensive touchdowns for South Carolina.

I have no idea if Enos will bring some of the 2018 Alabama offense with him, or go back to his preferred style when he was in charge.

The game plan can only do so much when you've already committed to a style that simply is not physical enough, especially by Alabama standards. Even when Alabama was owning the rushing numbers in the first half they were not wearing down the Clemson defensive front. That front was being fooled, not punished. Weaving running plays with Clemson defenders shielded but still upright instead of knocked backward to the ground.

I saw it live but it stood out even more when I watched one day later with calm perspective. Alabama succumbed too much to current college football cupcake mentality. Just get in the end zone as quickly as possible via prancing touchdowns. It worked and looked great for the vast majority of the season, and only a handful of teams were talented enough to expose the decline in physical emphasis, but a couple of them were on the schedule late in Georgia and Clemson.

Alabama needs to return to more of a downhill style on offense, but with wrinkles and variety out of it. It doesn't matter if the offensive numbers decline. You almost want the offensive numbers to decline. The rescue of the physical edge and bully mentality on both sides of the ball more than makes up for it.

The game plan can only do so much when you've already committed to a style that simply is not physical enough, especially by Alabama standards. Even when Alabama was owning the rushing numbers in the first half they were not wearing down the Clemson defensive front. That front was being fooled, not punished. Weaving running plays with Clemson defenders shielded but still upright instead of knocked backward to the ground.

I saw it live but it stood out even more when I watched one day later with calm perspective. Alabama succumbed too much to current college football cupcake mentality. Just get in the end zone as quickly as possible via prancing touchdowns. It worked and looked great for the vast majority of the season, and only a handful of teams were talented enough to expose the decline in physical emphasis, but a couple of them were on the schedule late in Georgia and Clemson.

Alabama needs to return to more of a downhill style on offense, but with wrinkles and variety out of it. It doesn't matter if the offensive numbers decline. You almost want the offensive numbers to decline. The rescue of the physical edge and bully mentality on both sides of the ball more than makes up for it.

Exactly. That style of offense is designed for teams with inferior talent to compete with teams that have superior talent. When you are that superior talent, it just becomes too much to think about and opens the door for mistakes.

I mean it must be said . . . . Thank you Mark Richt!

The guy knew he didn't have it anymore and was gonna be a distraction to the entire program . . . could of cashed checks and coasted . . . but decided to not only step down, but endorse Manny Diaz in time to where he could jettison Temple and build something great here . . . . and Manny has just been a house on fire ever since and the program has the money to bring in these big coaches from SEC schools thanks to Mark Richt's timely resignation.

What looked like a utter disaster for the next few years has turned into a promising endeavor for us immediately in 2019.

And ABSOLUTELY get Jalen Hurts . . . are u kidding me. That is a no brainer if I have ever seen one.

He wanted full control over offensive assistant hires - Saban advised him that wasn't going to happen. Miami gave him that power.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom