***Official Miami Hurricanes Thread*** | Page 708 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

***Official Miami Hurricanes Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Manny Diaz will probably be returning next year. I think he has to replace Enos and Baker. Quarterback situation was frustrating (second straight year!) and defense collapsed way too many times compared to previous years

Honestly I don't see Diaz as being the answer but you can't nor will they replace him after one year. They made a mistake not going after Cristobal because he's a guy that could get the program going in the direction you want.

I listened to Diaz today and its good to hear him own the loss but he again offered excuses. I think he's in over his head and with him in charge Miami will continue being a middle of the pack ACC team. Three instances of Miami losing when being a 14 point favorite and after 3 byes tells me he's ineffective at getting those kids to take weaker opponents seriously. It's going to be interesting to see how they respond to Duke Saturday.

At some point all top level programs go through lean years and it can be tough to get out of it. Miami is caught up in that right now.

I gotta be honest, seeing this kind of talk is rather strange. UM hasn't been an elite program in a long time. Rather than being outraged by a loss to FIU, why not ask what it's going to take to get back to the point where you won't lose to FIU?

Because it ain't Manny Diaz.
It is kinda weird wanting to fire a coach who has just coached 11 games, has had only 1 recruiting season so far and still has a lot of players on the roster he had no infuence recruiting.
If this season happens in year 3 or maybe even year two I can see the need to re-evaluate him. Let's see what offseason changes he does to go into year 2.

The loss to FIU had two reasons:
1) the worst Canes performance of the season
2) one cannot underestimate the show FIU put on with players just falling to the ground. I believe 4 of the "shows" happened in the redzone. 3 of them on 4th down of which at least two of them were inside the 10 yard line. In all instances the Canes caught FIU with the wrong defense and even on its worst day I take the odds of Miami converting by exploiting the wrong defense of an FIU team.
In all instances the player falling down first looked to the sideline so the instruction to fake the injury came from the coaching staff. It robbed the Canes of opportunities and gave FIU 4 or 5 additional time outs to change their defense.

Gotta let Mammy guy. Get rid of the turnover chain. Stop letting former U players on the sidelines talking in the ears of these players making them feel entitled when they’ve done nothing.

Another week of the team looking like they have no desire to win. Williams is hot one game, cold for the next two or three.

I agree Dolph N. Fan. Culture change needed.

I was a Manny defender for a long time no longer. Willie Taggert got canned for incompetence why shouldn't Manny get fired for being a bad coach. I feel like if Mark Right was coaching this team could have won 10 games and that's not saying much at all.

Manny doesn't have the balls to fire any of his staph. He will not bring in another DC to run another defense? The offense is horrible and Enos is on par with baby Richt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom