***Official Miami Hurricanes Thread*** | Page 759 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

***Official Miami Hurricanes Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Saturday’s segment began with Davis saying ESPN is working on a piece by Andrea Adelson “to celebrate” UM’s last national title in 2001, and that as part of it, “several of those Hurricanes got together to talk about what it was like then, what the standard is and what type of investment Miami needs that you really can’t put a price tag on.” Davis talked of the $20 to $30 million that UM reportedly is willing to pour into the football program going forward. Both Mike Ryan Ruiz, the producer of the Dan LeBatard Show with Stugotz, and CaneSport founder Gary Ferman reported those numbers or similar ones this week.

Read more at: https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/...-of-miami/article255989862.html#storylink=cpy

Kiffen would be good but has a habit of leaving after a couple years.

I prefer Mario and we can afford him if he wants to come home.
I watched the Oregon vs Utah game yesterday and wasn’t impressed with the Oregon team at all. They seemed to have regressed quite a bit after their early win over Ohio State.

Mario seems to be a great recruiter but I’m not sure how great a head coach he is. As long as the university is willing to pay out the money to hire quality assistants, I could live with Mario because of his ability to recruit. Yet I think Kiffen and a few other top names out there are better game day coaches than Mario is.

Unfortunately UM is going to be competing with UF, LSU, USC, and probably a few other high profile schools for the top head coaching prospects. They are probably behind the top three schools when it comes to being able to hire the bigger names out there.

Mario might be willing to come home and Kiffen might decide coming to UM is better than trying to constantly win in the SEC while at Old Miss. I just hope they hire an experienced head coach who is also an excellent recruiter.

The main thing I got out of it was at least the salary and buyout will not be a problem like most assumed it would be

Get him in south Florida and keep most of the kids home plus get a good DC and OC and this could be the start of something big IMO
I do think he has a side deal with Nike which may be a sticking point

The coach I hope we keep is Likens

He's done wonders with the wide receiver group compared to last year (Pope and Wiggins)

I have no faith they will get this right. There should be no chance Diaz comes back. Hire an experienced AD and do everything to get Mario. This program needs someone who will prioritize recruiting and discipline. I don’t want Kiffin and all his immature antics. His track record is terrible.

Since he has family in Miami and played football at UM, there might be a chance he would be willing to leave what he has in Oregon to come home. He isn’t being paid anywhere near the top when it comes to college head coaches but UM will likely have to pay the nearly $9 million buyout to Oregon and be willing to pay Cristobal over $6 million a year to entice him to leave Oregon and take the HC job with the Canes.

Miami has a history of hiring head coaches that are willing to work for much smaller salaries than most college head coaches. So it will be interesting to see if they decide to move on from Diaz if they are going to be willing to spend the money needed to hire a solid head coach and give him the money to hire a quality coaching staff.

Based on the new contracts being signed in recent weeks, Oregon can easily match the 10/100 which seems to be the going rate. If Mario was to come to Miami I think coming home will be the motivation because I have my doubts Miami will pay that much.

Though Mario may be able to keep some of the local talent, a lot of these kids leave not just because of coaching but competing for championships, facilities and even on campus stadiums come into play. Definitely a good hire but he'll face the same issues that past coaches have. A university that prioritizes education over athletics.

Highsmith and Mario

The Columbus HS connection

Get er done

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom