***Official Miami Hurricanes Thread*** | Page 766 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

***Official Miami Hurricanes Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.
As an outsider 2 things I expect Cristobal to do for the Canes.

1) Improve the talent level. Cristobal is a great recruiter. They will probably become the most talented Hurricane teams since Randy Shannon was your coach... who was also a great recruiter but not a good coach.

2) Make the Canes a great running team. Team is gonna be tough in the trenches.

Is he worth the money he got? Probably not. Cristobal's teams in Oregon were good for 1 to 2 awful games against lesser opponents a year while doing good against top teams. And of course many feel his offensive system can hold talent back. But I see no reason why he cannot make the Canes a consistent 8 to 10 win team

I know this is low on the list of team goals but I'm hyped that this year was probably the last one we lose to FSU for quite a while. Can't wait to get to stomping FSU.

1) Improve the talent level. Cristobal is a great recruiter. They will probably become the most talented Hurricane teams since Randy Shannon was your coach... who was also a great recruiter but not a good coach.

Is he worth the money he got? Probably not. Cristobal's teams in Oregon were good for 1 to 2 awful games against lesser opponents a year while doing good against top teams. And of course many feel his offensive system can hold talent back. But I see no reason why he cannot make the Canes a consistent 8 to 10 win team

If he recruited that well in Oregon, he's only going to have much better teams in Miami.

Unless you have Nick Saban, all the other "top" coaches are interchangeable more or less really. Obviously some are better or worse and provide advantage, but a lot really does just come down to talent.

Since there is no salary cap I don't really care what they paid him personally.

Next years recruiting class is one of the best in South Fla in a while

Expect us to get a majority of the top players who in the past would have gone to Bama , Georgia , etc

Mario might not be the best game day coach but he will stack the team and getting to the ACC championship most years should be a given.

I'll take that

Yep

Cristobal is a fantastic hire for Miami. Not a fan of them persay(I'm a Carolina fan), but I do think the fanbase deserves some success and I see no reason he won't bring that sooner rather than later. Too much of a historical college football power not to be challenging for titles.

Next years recruiting class is one of the best in South Fla in a while

Expect us to get a majority of the top players who in the past would have gone to Bama , Georgia , etc

Mario might not be the best game day coach but he will stack the team and getting to the ACC championship most years should be a given.

I'll take that
Butch Davis 2.0.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom