***Official Miami Hurricanes Thread*** | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

***Official Miami Hurricanes Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/...e21may21,0,3088651.story?coll=sfla-hurricanes

Awesome article on Robert Marve. To me, that's what high school football is all about right there. Passion, will, teamwork. I love the stuff abut his schedule...at school until after 10 pm, THAT'S dedication...not to mention the stuff about the 180 lb center...he's got he heart to succeed IMO
Just read that. Yeah, I think he's gonna be awesome. Just what we need about now. :up:

With Kyle and Kirby yet to step it up I would love to see this Marve kid come in and take the starting job. Although Im pulling for Wright to come into his own, it would be great to have such a young prospect hit the road running.

AllCanes has got the new 07 Gear in and I'm not feeling the jerseys at all...I hope what they wear on the field looks different to the replicas..

390288jpgwidth500-1.jpg

look like soccer jerseys

AllCanes has got the new 07 Gear in and I'm not feeling the jerseys at all...I hope what they wear on the field looks different to the replicas..

http://allcanes.com/shop/resize.php?image=http://allcanes.com/shop/images/390288.jpg&width=500

look like soccer jerseys
No worries, they'll grow on you when they are worn by outstanding athletes who score winning TD's for us. Not my favorite, but they'll do. I had to adjust to the last change and it was cool. Give it time man. It's still the U:peace1:

Yeah, I know what you mean. I never liked the last ones but they really grew on me...you make a good point about when they're worn...i remember the different jerseys by who wore them -- memories of Vilma and Sean Taylor, Moss, Winslow and Dorsey and McGahee in the '00 ones, and hopefully there will be a new breed to make these uni's memorable

With Kyle and Kirby yet to step it up I would love to see this Marve kid come in and take the starting job. Although Im pulling for Wright to come into his own, it would be great to have such a young prospect hit the road running.

While it would be great for our future to get Marve some playing time now, I'd rather him redshirt. I think Kyle still gives us the best chance to win. Call me optimistic if you want, but I think he was hindered by the playbook. I think if he got comfortable in an open offense, the sky's the limit. He just couldn't read his progressions in that vanilla offense correctly. It's all dependent on how hard he wants to work with Nix to get the playbook down. Oh yeah, that and the fact that his WR's are afraid to catch the ball. I remember Leggett complaining about how he throws the ball too hard. Maybe with the addition of Farquharson, McKenzie, Hankerson, and Adderly he'll be able to have a big season.
And I guess we have some sort of running game too :evil:

CFN made some pretty bold claims. Tabbed Campbell and Phillips as possibly the best two defenders in the nation, and also said Kenny Phillips is a top 3 draft prospect.

Can't wait for the OU game either. Game of the season.

I expect the OU game to be great, but the game every Canes fan waits for is the FSU game. It should be a great season.

I thought Campbell and Phillips would be first rounders, but to say they're the two best might be stretching it. Both will be JR's next year. Campbell is gone, but I'm hoping Phillips might stay another year because he didn't redshirt, and you know how a lot of these kids want to get degrees. We'll see....

Anybody know what the O-line will look like this year? I'm guessing Fox and Youngblood are no-brainers. What about Symonette, Franklin, Morse? Does Harland Gunn figure to get into the mix right away?

that rumble was a classless act that once again sullied our program... it is sad you think it is something to be proud of.

If you grew up and went to school in Miami, you would understand why this happened. The fans did way more fighting than the players(i saw about 20 or so arrests being made throught the game). The enviroment was too hostile. I've been to a couple FSU games down at the Orange Bowl(Gore's overtime win a few years back being my favorite!), and the intensity in the crowd was about twice as much for the FIU game. And it bled down onto the players. I am an alumni from FIU, the hype for this game was about 2 years worth of marketing within the school. FIU did not have a football program when i first started going to school there, and i grew up watching the canes. When i went to the game, I wore canes stuff. There were also some kids that wore things from both schools. There is a mutual dislike between students from each respective school(If u interact with the students from each school you'd understand where it comes from, social classes, ignorance, etc..). You throw in alot of alcohol and the typical arrogance of Miami natives. End result is what came out that day. The press said nothing about the crowd to avoid negative publicity because of tourism. They are trying to cancel the scheduled meeting this year not because of the players because they can act right when they have to. The reason is that the fans were too hostile, i for one felt very unsafe that day. It was like an overwhelming feeling of uncertainty. I'm not proud of what went on that day, but if you're from Miami it's a direct representation of this city and you would know that.

I've been to a couple FSU games down at the Orange Bowl(Gore's overtime win a few years back being my favorite!), and the intensity in the crowd was about twice as much for the FIU game.

Whoa, you must have been in the wrong section. The FSU game had an overflow of kids in the students section, the FIU game was half empty. The stadium rumbled during the FSU game...at the FIU game it was just like, oh they're fighting...cool. I imagine this year's game will have much more fans, and will be more intense, even if there are no fights. But to compare the intesnity of the crowd from last year's FIU game to the FSU overtime game...that's just wrong kid.

ew i dont like them. just please go back to the 00's unis.... look so much better. its all about the U!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom