***Official Miami Hurricanes Thread*** | Page 691 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

***Official Miami Hurricanes Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well that was a sloppy sloppy game. Jarren Williams has poor awareness too. You gotta feel the rush and get the ball out

I mean I thought he showed great pocket presence. He made the OLine look better than what they were, which was horrid.

First real game, he wanted to make plays but needs to live to fight another day. It's less about taking the eventual sack and more about getting hurt.

Baptism by fire, he probably won't see pressure like that the rest of the year and he almost pulled it out. I am encouraged . . . Wish we played him last year tbh.

His first start was against a top college D.

You guys should ease up on Williams.

He is going to be very good for you, just be patient.

I doubt he'll be good. Florida gifted them that game and Miami shot themselves over and over again. Most of the sacks were because of the qb.

Williams didn't win the job, he sucked the least. Crazy thing is he wasn't the worst qb on the field tonight lol

I doubt he'll be good. Florida gifted them that game and Miami shot themselves over and over again. Most of the sacks were because of the qb.

Williams didn't win the job, he sucked the least. Crazy thing is he wasn't the worst qb on the field tonight lol

I agree with the last sentence.

But for the rest, Miami's oline made the Fins oline look stout. They just couldnt handle the Gators pass rush.

The Canes are gonna surprise some teams this year, that D is very good.

As for the Gators, they need to control themselves. WAY too undisciplined. They were lucky to come away with the win.

I understand. However, he is nowhere near ready to start. Can't play. Should've stayed in high school another year. This was nowhere near college standards.

And a college QB shouldn't have to deal with that **** show OLine in his first start against a top 10 team.

We started 2 freshman at tackle. Shows you how empty that cupboard has been and they got owned.

U think Tua or Lawrence playing well with that group?

I disagree. His first start ever. If he learns to check down rather than force the play (or get sacked because he is holding on to the ball too long until something opens up down field) and when to throw the ball away he will be good. I was a tough game for a lot of freshmen.
Canes faces an easy schedule the next three games: UNC, Bethune Cookman, Central Michigan. Just what the doctor ordered. They can work out all the kinks before heading into the meat of the ACC schedule.

If you have to analyze the game I would be a little more concerned about the Gators. Of course it was an in-State rivalry game which has its own rules but we also gifted them a lot of easy plays. We did it because we are young, have a new coaching staff and a new system while the Gators are more experienced and play in the same system for the second year.
Franks is going into his 3rd year and what he did with 4 min to go up by 4 should not ever happen for a 3rd year starting QB.

In the end Gators and Clemson might be our only losses which I can easily live with considering it is a first year coaching staff.

I disagree. His first start ever. If he learns to check down rather than force the play (or get sacked because he is holding on to the ball too long until something opens up down field) and when to throw the ball away he will be good. I was a tough game for a lot of freshmen.
Canes faces an easy schedule the next three games: UNC, Bethune Cookman, Central Michigan. Just what the doctor ordered. They can work out all the kinks before heading into the meat of the ACC schedule.

If you have to analyze the game I would be a little more concerned about the Gators. Of course it was an in-State rivalry game which has its own rules but we also gifted them a lot of easy plays. We did it because we are young, have a new coaching staff and a new system while the Gators are more experienced and play in the same system for the second year.
Franks is going into his 3rd year and what he did with 4 min to go up by 4 should not ever happen for a 3rd year starting QB.

In the end Gators and Clemson might be our only losses which I can easily live with considering it is a first year coaching staff.
Williams could turn out to be pretty good or that poster could be right and he could be really bad the problem is he is expecting every QB to be as good as Trevor Lawrence.

That LSU DLine just slapped us around last year upfront.

The OLine at worst just has to be even tonight and we will win this game.

Our defense should eat well tonight. The nation ain't ready.

Said this earlier . . . And wasn't far off. We lost because the OLine wasn't even, they were overmatched . . . But the Thomas fumble was an unexpected curveball.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom