***Official Miami Hurricanes Thread*** | Page 721 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

***Official Miami Hurricanes Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Houston OL Jarrid Williams will transfer to Miami

Manny Diaz and his staff have done it again.

Houston offensive tackle Jarrid Williams announced on Sunday over social media that he intends to transfer to Miami.

Williams, who is eligible to play right away, started 19 games over the past three seasons for the Cougars. He had also spoken with coaches at Florida State, Baylor, Ole Miss, USC and Indiana since entering his name in the NCAA's transfer portal.

UM offensive line coach Garin Justice played a major role in the secondary recruitment as did offensive coordinator Rhett Lashlee, tight ends coach Stephen Field and assistant director of personnel Edwin Pata.

Williams is expected to compete for one of the starting tackle spots along Miami's offensive line in 2020. The unit gave up a Power 5-worst 51 sacks last season, but does return its six top linemen.

Assuming Williams wins a starting job, he will use his final season of eligibility blocking for a familiar face in quarterback D'Eriq King as the two previously played together at Houston.

Houston OL Jarrid Williams will transfer to Miami

Manny Diaz and his staff have done it again.

Houston offensive tackle Jarrid Williams announced on Sunday over social media that he intends to transfer to Miami.

Williams, who is eligible to play right away, started 19 games over the past three seasons for the Cougars. He had also spoken with coaches at Florida State, Baylor, Ole Miss, USC and Indiana since entering his name in the NCAA's transfer portal.

UM offensive line coach Garin Justice played a major role in the secondary recruitment as did offensive coordinator Rhett Lashlee, tight ends coach Stephen Field and assistant director of personnel Edwin Pata.

Williams is expected to compete for one of the starting tackle spots along Miami's offensive line in 2020. The unit gave up a Power 5-worst 51 sacks last season, but does return its six top linemen.

Assuming Williams wins a starting job, he will use his final season of eligibility blocking for a familiar face in quarterback D'Eriq King as the two previously played together at Houston.
That's a good get right there. Justice has done some pretty good things during his short tenure as OL coach so far. Hopefully this will translate to the coaching aspect.

WR Romello Brinson picks Miami over Georgia, others

MIAMI, Fla. – Manny Diaz and the Miami Hurricanes have secured a commitment from one of the Sunshine State's top offensive weapons.

Miami Northwestern Top247 wide receiver Romello Brinson announced through a video on Saturday night that he has given a verbal commitment to Miami.

"It came down to it being easier for my family to get to the games and being closer to home," Brinson said from his announcement ceremony which included a truck that played a video in his front yard. "I'm staying home. This is a part of me."

Brinson picked the Hurricanes over Georgia and Texas A&M. Alabama and LSU were also considered finalists.

247 says we now have a top ten recruiting class. Seems like we’ve got a lot more interest from recruits since attaining Rhett Lashlee. Good commit to get, and a few nice ones in the last few weeks.

And you thought that 2020 could not get any worse?!

They let the @#$@#$%$% #$% #$^%$% ^#$%^ $%& $#&. ^&%^&@#$%#$ Nevin Shapiro out today ????

I'm really hoping that Manny has figured some of it out...it's at least encouraging. He set the world on fire last offseason, then hired a dud with pEnos...then seeing what a disaster he was, he cleaned house on the offensive side of the ball. I think the OC hire was a great one, and the OL coach Justice has turned out to be pretty good too. I'm still unsure of the D, but we'll see where that goes. Hopefully Baker grows after a year.

If we can build an OL, we should be pretty awesome on offense. Defense? I have no idea, but given the trend towards pinball scoring, it seems like we're less apt to see a dominant D these days, which is where most other teams are these days. Our recruiting has definitely been encouraging.

Can we win the Coastal this year? Absolutely. Can we beat Clemson? Probably not yet, but we may give them a run for their money. If we run the table until the ACCCG, we could definitely get into a BCS bowl this season. It's definitely going to be fun to watch.

Yea Garcia decommitted from USC I believe and has visited a few times

Top 10 QB I think

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom