***Official Miami Hurricanes Thread*** | Page 731 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

***Official Miami Hurricanes Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Clemson has been playing for chips for a few years now. The Canes remain a shadow (barely) of their former selves.

But I love tonight's atmosphere and game.

Knew Miami would get beat but geez I thought the offense would at least make it entertaining. That was painful

I have to agree with an old rival of mine on this topic.

Trevor isn't a better qb than Tua and games like this show its ugly head easily.

@Pachyderm_Wave

I didn’t see the game but I’ll watch the tape this week. Trevor has about a 6% chance of ever living up to the myth that he’s been made out to be at the next level.

He doesn’t see the middle of the field and underneath defenders well enough, and doesn’t have the accuracy. He becomes a fairly pedestrian quarterback when he actually faces pressure. Which has only happened to him once in his entire career - against LSU.

I just laugh at all the people that are ready to throw themselves in front of a train out of fear he lands with the Jets.

Congrats on the win tonight. :lol:

I didn’t see the game but I’ll watch the tape this week. Trevor has about a 6% chance of ever living up to the myth that he’s been made out to be at the next level.

He doesn’t see the middle of the field and underneath defenders well enough, and doesn’t have the accuracy. He becomes a fairly pedestrian quarterback when he actually faces pressure. Which has only happened to him once in his entire career - against LSU.

I just laugh at all the people that are ready to throw themselves in front of a train out of fear he lands with the Jets.

He's a good qb, and he does a lot of things well, but his name far exceeds his ability in 2020.

This current Canes defense is pretty good. Saw some lapses when we had to roll with youth in the secondary due to suspensions but they put up a valiant effort considering the offensive ineptitude.

Bubba Bolden was everywhere, that kid can play for me anytime. Phillips and Roche put in solid games as well

This is the worst group of starting WRs I have seen this program field in a long time.

The OLine wasn't good, but they at least weren't the complete doormat we've seen in previous years in a game like this.

King battled. Tons of pressure all night and his receivers were stuck like glue to the Clemson DBs. Ball placement was not as good as previous games.

The moment was big and the team once again came out undisciplined and unprepared. I want Manny to be a 20 year coach here but I won't sit up here and defend the constant lack of game preparation and stupid penalties I see from his teams. It's been bad.

Overall, it's about what I expected. Miami has talent at RB, would of liked them to field those 3 guys more and maybe get some short passing game going to try and sustain longer drives. Manny has gotta do something else at receiver though, its just not a good group. Can't let one loss turn into multiple ones, big game next week vs. Pitt.

I have been wondering about all the hype too. The whole TL vs Tua debate did not make sense to me when you watched the tape.

Miami Hurricanes head coach Manny Diaz appears to be sending a message to the UM wide receiver group with the depth chart leading up to this week’s game against Virginia.

Every snap and starting position is up for grabs.

Miami listed all three wide receiver positions as co-starters, which has not been done on an official depth chart to this point.

Here’s a look at the way the depth chart was listed:

- Wide Receiver: Dee Wiggins OR Michael Redding OR Keyshawn Smith

- Wide Receiver: Mark Pope OR Jeremiah Payton OR Dazalin Worsham

- Slot Receiver: Mike Harley OR Marshall Few OR Xavier Restrepo

Miami has listed all four true freshmen as co-starters.

@Kdawg954

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom