***Official Miami Hurricanes Thread*** | Page 739 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

***Official Miami Hurricanes Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good listen with some name who may come in to coach LB's

▪ New defensive backs coach Travaris Robinson told Josh Darrow on UM’s official new podcast that he took less money to join the Hurricanes instead of competing offers. The Gators wanted him to join their staff.

“Manny did such a great job of showing me who he really was and telling me about the staff and the plans and expectations,” Robinson said. “I want to win and win immediately and use my help in developing a secondary.”

Robinson, who was most recently defensive coordinator at South Carolina, said UM’s defense will be more aggressive with Diaz calling plays.

“We are going to pressure you, we are going to be aggressive, we are going to play some bump-and-run and win at the top of our routes,” Robinson said. “Coach Diaz is a little different style of playcaller than I was when I was calling plays. He is a little more aggressive. And he is going to be aggressive and we are going to pressure and create negative plays; that is what we are going to hang our hat on here at Miami.”

Canes should be looking for L’s replacement or at the very least, should encourage a staff shakeup. Seems like all of the fun has been sucked out.

Though this was kind of interesting as I didn't realize how many SEC coaches he was bringing in on the defensive side. Yesterday they brought in Texas A&M coach Ishmael Aristide. Excited he's been able to bring in some top coaches as I'm excited to see what Travaris Robinson brings to the U

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom