***Official Miami Hurricanes Thread*** | Page 756 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

***Official Miami Hurricanes Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Diaz should be fired but the reality is they'll hire another 3-4 million dollar guy because Miami doesn't generate enough revenue to pay top notch coaching staffs nor can they compete with UF and FSU when it comes to facilities. Miami's best hope is to find a guy like Schiano (as Slimm mentioned) who's ability to develop talent more than makes up for the talent he can sign. Cristobal is a pipedream based on economics and after not hiring him over Diaz, that bridge is probably burned. At the beginning of the season I would have said Scott Frost because he was on thin ice with the AD. Now, it looks like he's finally getting that program heading in the right direction. Should he come free, that would be a no brainer.

If I was a program like Miami, I’d go get Schiano or Billy Napier from UL-Lafayette. They know how to build a program and do it the right way.

Napier was Saban’s WR coach at Bama a few years ago. That fella can coach his ass off too.

I wouldn’t stop until I had one of em.

Don’t bother calling Bob Stoops. Miami can’t afford him.

Things are in motion behind the scenes

Zo was in Miami all last week (Highsmith)

He went to Columbus as did Mario

More money available than we might think

Let it play out

Things are in motion behind the scenes

Zo was in Miami all last week (Highsmith)

He went to Columbus as did Mario

More money available than we might think

Let it play out
Mario makes $1.6 million more than Diaz. He recently signed a new contract and it would cost $9 million dollars to buy out his Oregon contract if they hired him before January 2022. They would also be on the hook for the two years remaining on Diaz’s contract.

So it would likely cost UM $15 million dollars or more to buy out Mario’s contract at Oregon and pay of the remainder of Diaz’s contract.

Mario would likely be looking for a nice raise to take the UM job. So he probably would be looking for a contract above $5 million a year. Based on how cheap UM has been in the past when it comes to hiring head coaches, I just don’t know where they will come up with the money they would need to hire Mario.

I would love to see him get the job but I’ll believe it when I see it.

If I was a program like Miami, I’d go get Schiano or Billy Napier from UL-Lafayette. They know how to build a program and do it the right way.

Napier was Saban’s WR coach at Bama a few years ago. That fella can coach his *** off too.

I wouldn’t stop until I had one of em.

Don’t bother calling Bob Stoops. Miami can’t afford him.
Mark would be a solid get, but you got to think the horse people around here will back up a Brinks truck and build a statue of him if he goes 11-1.

I like Napier a lot though.

If LSU can give their HC his walking papers then there's no way Diaz should be here next year.

Other than the Notre Dame victory, Manny finally has a game he can hang his hat on.

The defense came up with a couple crucial plays but they are still terrible, overall.

TVD is a Godsend for this team.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom