*** OFFICIAL NEW YORK GIANTS @ MIAMI DOLPHINS GAME THREAD *** Week 14 Monday Night | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

*** OFFICIAL NEW YORK GIANTS @ MIAMI DOLPHINS GAME THREAD *** Week 14 Monday Night

Adam First

Excellence in Mediocrity
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
Celebrating the first 40 years of Dolphins football while trying to forget the last 10 years of it :hump:

255pxNew_York_Giants_logosvg-1.png
@
dolphinsoldlogovintage-1.jpg

fanssunlifestadium-1.jpg

at Sun Life Stadium
Miami Gardens, Florida
(gotta use an old photo because I can't find any night photos of the renovated stadium yet!)

TELEVISION
ESPN_MNF_CLR_Pos-1.jpg

ESPN National Broadcast
Play-by-Play Announcer: Mike Tirico
Color Commentator: Jon Gruden

Kickoff at 8:30 PM ET

INJURY REPORT
F6x5CKr-1.png

4rSck7D-1.png

WEATHER
clear.gif

A 20 percent chance of showers. Partly cloudy, with a low around 73. Southeast wind 3 to 6 mph.
National Weather Service Miami - forecast for Sun Life Stadium

GAME PREVIEWS
NFL.com Video
ESPN / ESPN Analyst Picks

[video=youtube;wSWJZzoznaY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wSWJZzoznaY[/video]
[video=youtube;jNAlusgsAUo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jNAlusgsAUo[/video]

The big stage tonight! Let's see how Campbell and the team responds :kick:

I wonder how many times I'm gonna hear jon gruden say tonight "the qb needs to check out of that"

hopefully none cause he's done his homework as has the pregame analysis guys...don't let me down trent dilfer...I know steve young and ray lewis bring nothing to the table

Want to bet they puke on themselves tonight?

Please Miami, do not embarrass yourselves tonight. I cannot take the jabs and putdowns. Between the social media hits and people around me, I am so tired of getting kicked around.

Want to bet they puke on themselves tonight?

Probably a safe bet. National tv audience...celebrating 50 years. This is typically when the Fins come out and lay an egg. Good measuring stick for Campbell tonight. Not so much because of who they are playing but rather the circumstances they are playing under.

probably too much to ask for a slant and go with parker or a stick nod with Cameron in the red zone tonight

my suggestion change up the route concepts and start game planning to get parker the ball and good looks...draw up plays for parker...attack isolation when you get it

Miami has the Dolphins, the greatest football team . . .

Actually pretty damn excited for this MNF game. :idk:

:df81:

More problems for Giants' offense? Dolphins' D presents tough test

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/insi.../giants-offensive-slide-continue-dolphins-nfl

ESPN NFL Insider Mike Sando spends each Sunday with ESPN NFL analyst Jon Gruden and the Monday Night Football crew. This week, they're in Miami for the New York Giants-Miami Dolphins matchup in Week 14 (ESPN, 8:30 p.m. ET). Here are some takeaways from Gruden on the Giants' offense.

Quarterback Eli Manning and the New York Giants' offense are showing how quickly fortunes turn in the NFL. When we had them on Monday night just eight weeks ago, Manning was riding one of the best stretches of his career. He was moving efficiently to extend plays, he was finding his checkdown receivers and he was dialing up all the right audibles. He had successfully reinvented himself within a new offense. The game looked easy.

Continued improvement on offense was the Giants' best hope for overcoming their defensive personnel issues, but an offense that was once full of promise has lost its way. That is a leading reason this Giants team has dropped from 3-2 to 5-7 heading into this Week 14 game against the Miami Dolphins. With the NFC East title still up for grabs, the Giants need their offense to quickly re-emerge.

A look at the film shows where this Giants offense is breaking down and why one of the Dolphins' signature defensive components presents extreme challenges.
Dolphins defense presents problems

Two weeks ago, the Giants had issues trying to stop the Redskins' blitzes through the "A" gaps on each side of the center. These "double-A" blitzes have been a signature component of the Dolphins' defense in recent seasons. They're easy to see from the field and on your TV screen. In the screenshot below, the Dolphins have linebackers Jelani Jenkins and Koa Misi lined up in the "A" gaps, putting stress on the Baltimore Ravens' protection scheme.

Baltimore had to be ready for Jenkins and Misi to blitz up the middle, a stressful situation for teams such as the Ravens and Giants, whose quarterbacks are less mobile. Jenkins and Misi were bluffing in this example from Week 14, but the issues this blitz look created resulted in Miami getting a free shot on quarterback Matt Schaub (see below).

Jenkins and Misi dropped into coverage, leaving the Ravens' center and guard with no one to block, Meanwhile, 278-pound defensive end Derrick Shelby (79) ran unobstructed toward Schaub's blind side. This is a nightmare scenario for any offense, and one more hurdle the Giants must clear as they try to get their offense back on track.
iimg2Fphoto2F20152F12132Fr35829_963x542_-1.jpg

iimg2Fphoto2F20152F12132Fr35834_961x541_-1.jpg

who cares about the giants offense...they need to break down ours and laugh about the concepts...doesn't matter what level d we face if they can sit on your concepts you got problems

Really excited about this. Half my buddies are Dolphins fans and half Giants fans. Going out to the local bar for this one. We relish this matchup ever 4 years. I want this win badly!

Back
Top Bottom