*** OFFICIAL NEW YORK GIANTS @ MIAMI DOLPHINS GAME THREAD *** Week 14 Monday Night | Page 98 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

*** OFFICIAL NEW YORK GIANTS @ MIAMI DOLPHINS GAME THREAD *** Week 14 Monday Night

But our D didn't fold at all.

No, wait, RT made a bad play on that long ODB td... you're right, its all his fault

I don't know if you have had too many, or you need some professional help. But, you had quite the night. Congrats Dave, you repeated the same sarcastic crap for 5 hours last night.

Let's address the elephant in the room.

What is the main complete "Haters" have with Tannehill? he isn't clutch, he doesn't have "IT", he doesn't play well when it matter most?
Did that change at all after last night? 3 posessions in a row needing a score to take that game. Two started around midfield! ZERO points, Zilch.
So, make all the excuses, blame whatever you want. There are 11 guys on offense that contributed to that failure- Big penalty by Landry, Dallas Thomas, "drop" (really a good play by DB) by Cameron etc.

So, the same problems the "haters" have, that Dilfer mentioned pregame. They showed up again. ZERO points in 3 drives with the game in the balance. Yes, the defense sucked last night. But, like many NFL games it came down to the 4th quarter 24-24, they made a big play (blown coverage) , our offense couldn't score a point even when starting at or near midfield a couple of times.
Same old thing

Edit: Last 4 drives were punts. 4 Drives zero points

I don't know if you have had too many, or you need some professional help. But, you had quite the night. Congrats Dave, you repeated the same sarcastic crap for 5 hours last night.

Let's address the elephant in the room.

What is the main complete "Haters" have with Tannehill? he isn't clutch, he doesn't have "IT", he doesn't play well when it matter most?
Did that change at all after last night? 3 posessions in a row needing a score to take that game. Two started around midfield! ZERO points, Zilch.
So, make all the excuses, blame whatever you want. There are 11 guys on offense that contributed to that failure- Big penalty by Landry, Dallas Thomas, "drop" (really a good play by DB) by Cameron etc.

So, the same problems the "haters" have, that Dilfer mentioned pregame. They showed up again. ZERO points in 3 drives with the game in the balance. Yes, the defense sucked last night. But, like many NFL games it came down to the 4th quarter 24-24, they made a big play (blown coverage) , our offense couldn't score a point even when starting at or near midfield a couple of times.
Same old thing

Edit: Last 4 drives were punts. 4 Drives zero points

You would conveniently leave out all the penalties and drops from OTHER PLAYERS on those last 4 drives. That's totally what you do.

RT did his job well for the vast majority of the game. If you're expecting him to be perfect 100% of the time, you'll always be disappointed.

If the defense had shown up, we wouldnt even be having this convo... but you're right, its RTs fault we lost.

You would conveniently leave out all the penalties and drops from OTHER PLAYERS on those last 4 drives. That's totally what you do.

RT did his job well for the vast majority of the game. If you're expecting him to be perfect 100% of the time, you'll always be disappointed.

If the defense had shown up, we wouldnt even be having this convo... but you're right, its RTs fault we lost.

I didn't say it was his fault the Dolphins lost. He played well yesterday overall. But, like I said 11 guys on offense had the ball 4 times in the 4th Q and did not score even with great field position. In those last 4 drives, I remember the Cameron "drop" it was a good throw on a 3rd and 20, and the defender broke the pass up.
The defense gave up a terrible long TD to Beckham on a busted coverage, I think reshad got caught cheating on the play.
However, you slice it the offense as a whole, led by the QB had 4 opportunities to take that game back and didn't do.

Hayden, are you doing your Assessment? Because, Parker should his lack of ability to separate last night you have been mentioning

Parker looked pedestrian out there...

It doesn't matter man. I can not for the life of me understand how Tannehill defenders keep arguing for this guy. The QB is THE GUY. When you become a QB in the NFL you accept that you are the leader. The wins will be put on you and with that, so will the losses. The QB is responsible for the play of the whole team. Offense, Defense, Special teams, its all in the hands of the QB, the single most important position in all of sports. Yes people are making mistakes left and right, Yes our team has poorly established depth, yes our key players are not doing their share. This means nothing if we have a good qb. A QB can MASK FLAWS. We do not have a QB who can do that. We have a mediocre run of the mill, forgotten in 10 years QB. A guy who can not lead, who will not lead his team to victory. No matter the coach, no matter the WR's he's throwing to, no matter the Defensive super stars we have signed, This QB along with the plethora of other awful QB's we've had, CANNOT lead this team. And im sick of you defenders putting blame on other aspects of the game. Great! You saw our receiver drop the ball! Cool. Now explain to me why time after time our franchise QB has not lead us to a winning record? When the opportunities are there, they have been squandered by this QB , by this LEADER. As soon as you accept the fact that the QB means more to the game than you are perceiving, it will all become clear. TANNEHILL IS NOT A WINNER

I guess I was the only one who saw the defender draped over him...

No, what you didn't see was the ball hitting him in the hands. When a ball hits the receiver in the hands there is no excuse not to catch it, other than you suck.

Tannehill and the offense played well enough to win by scoring 24 points.
The defense lost this game. The 10 yard cushion by the DB's all game combined with the quick passes moved the chains for the Giants..we never challenged the 7 yard pattern all night, but the real game breaker was the long passes over Grimes.

Tannehill and the offense played well enough to win by scoring 24 points.
The defense lost this game. The 10 yard cushion by the DB's all game combined with the quick passes moved the chains for the Giants..we never challenged the 7 yard pattern all night, but the real game breaker was the long passes over Grimes.

I have to agree with you.

Was listening to Sirius this morning and Bob Pappa (Giants broadcaster Monday Night) was hosting with Jason Taylor. They were talking about the TD where OBJ was wide open for 84 yards. Apparently, through watching film prior to the game, they noticed that in that coverage Reshard Jones crashes down on the slant in the hopes of creating a turnover. This is a tendency we have shown throughout the year, so Eli and McAdoo (OC) devised that play which was designed to specifically beat that coverage. Throw in Taylor being out of position....and you have your game winner.

While this type of strategy is common in the NFL....it is not so common with the Dolphins. We are starting to see some materialize on offense (like the Stills TD catch) but we are getting beat every week at the Coordinator level. Regardless of who the next HC is....the key hirings that are equally or even more important will be OC and DC.

It doesn't matter man. I can not for the life of me understand how Tannehill defenders keep arguing for this guy. The QB is THE GUY. When you become a QB in the NFL you accept that you are the leader. The wins will be put on you and with that, so will the losses. The QB is responsible for the play of the whole team. Offense, Defense, Special teams, its all in the hands of the QB, the single most important position in all of sports. Yes people are making mistakes left and right, Yes our team has poorly established depth, yes our key players are not doing their share. This means nothing if we have a good qb. A QB can MASK FLAWS. We do not have a QB who can do that. We have a mediocre run of the mill, forgotten in 10 years QB. A guy who can not lead, who will not lead his team to victory. No matter the coach, no matter the WR's he's throwing to, no matter the Defensive super stars we have signed, This QB along with the plethora of other awful QB's we've had, CANNOT lead this team. And im sick of you defenders putting blame on other aspects of the game. Great! You saw our receiver drop the ball! Cool. Now explain to me why time after time our franchise QB has not lead us to a winning record? When the opportunities are there, they have been squandered by this QB , by this LEADER. As soon as you accept the fact that the QB means more to the game than you are perceiving, it will all become clear. TANNEHILL IS NOT A WINNER

It doesnt matter?! The performance of the rest of the team, outside of the QB, doesn't matter? Lol, ok pal

I think what you don't understand is that nobody is saying that everything is perfect except Tannehill. But people are evaluating him as a franchise QB. And franchise QBs make plays at the end. They excel. They don't sit there with the statement like yours
RT did his job well for the vast majority of the game
and call it a day. Well enough means just good enough. Good enough for what? To keep drinking the Kool Aid? Is it pleasing to you that your starting QB just did well enough (for his personal stats) and we lost because of everything else. I am not. Not with a #8 pick in his 4th year. I want to see more. I am not happy drafting just an Andy Dalton or Flacco at #8. I want an Eli Manning, Peyton Manning, Aaron Rodgers at that that spot. If we get a penalty on offense I want to be able to say '****. It's gonna make it harder'. I don't want to say "****, we are screwed".
And I don't want to cherry pick at the end about a penalty here and there knowing full well that my franchise QB had several opportunities in a Monday Night game in front of a national audience to make an impact. Good enough or well enough does not cut it.

Most here (incl 'haters', fence sitters, and supporters of Tannehill) knew that he will have a good night. He faced the worst passing D in the NFL. But most of us don't sit here and say "he did good/well enough" and I am happy with that. This season is like a recycle from last year. He is facing two more bottom dwelling (or near bottom dwelling) pass defenses at the end of the season when nothing counts anymore and all we will hear is "he did well enough" or "he did good enough". But good enough does not cut it. Franchise QBs overcome adversity and make the plays when it counts. And it does not matter if that adversity is their own doing (INTs i.e.) or created by others (defense, penalties etc).

The QB is responsible for the play of the whole team. Offense, Defense, Special teams, its all in the hands of the QB

LOL Now that is great! The QB is responsible for all aspects of the game LOL I can't stop laughing! Oh you forgot to add he is responsible for the game planning on both sides of the ball! Wait.. Wait.. he is also responsible for signing FA LOL.

SO players dropping passes for big plays or first downs mean nothing.. Everyone is responsible for making plays. THEY ALL GET PAID! THill eludes the rush throws the ball on a rope and Jarvis "I can catch the ball with one hand" can't catch with two in the middle of his chest to keep the drive going!

Explain again how that would be any QB's fault or responsibility? Oh that's right he is the WR coach too! Give me a break!

Means more than we are perceiving? Ask Dan Marino how that went for him, with no running game and a defense that would give up big leads. It's every players responsibility. So you are saying it was all Dan Marino's fault he didn't win a Super Bowl? He was a WINNER and still didn't win a Super Bowl. I guess he should have been responsible for Offense, defense, game planning, drafting, and everything else according to you. WOW just WOW

As soon as you accept the fact that the TEAM as whole means more to the game than you are perceiving, it will all become clear.

And most of us realist, know that he can play better. Look at how Lazor held him back. Lazor has kept him from progressing. If he can come in two weeks and can make and audible for a TD what more can he do with the right coaching.

One more thing oh yes one more! All of these great QB's you guys talk about like the Rodgers and Brady sat 3 years behind good QB's learning. Then, when they got their shot they played on a good TEAM. That is TEAM in case you missed it. Good coaching and game planning.

Back
Top Bottom