###Official New York Yankees Thread### | Page 11 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

###Official New York Yankees Thread###

I know he didn't finish the season great but how in the balls do you get Severino for $10 mil a year? Cashman is my homeboy. Bargain signing of a lifetime right here.

http://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/26004106/yankees-pitcher-luis-severino-agree-multiyear-deal

Honestly it's a great deal for both sides.

For Severino it buys out his last renewable year + his 3 arbitration years with guaranteed money up front. The arbitration years are one year at a time and only guaranteed on a year to year basis and he's still a year of making peanuts away from even getting that. $40M guaranteed is a life changing amount of money and it eliminates the risk of injury derailing his career before he gets rich. Sure, if he chances it he would get more than that $40M if he just goes to arbitration every year, is good and isn't hurt. But I can definitely understand why $40M now is worth more to someone than "there's a decent chance I can get $60M, but maybe I'll get hurt first."

On the Yankees end, they are getting a steal of a deal if Severino stays healthy, especially with the club option for his first year of FA. Of course the trade off is that they are surrendering the option to choose whether or not to retain him the next 4 years and if he has a few big injuries they'll lose out since his arbitration would be dirt cheap in that scenario. The Yanks won't have any trouble eating $40M if worst comes to worst though. He'll, they are paying that bum Ellsbury 40some million over the next two years to do whatever it is he's doing. I'll take a one legged Severino over that.

Meh it's April. Talk to me in August

If it's gotta happen I'd rather it be now so I guess that's the positive. Helps that the Sox are looking shaky out the gate, especially with pitching.

If it's gotta happen I'd rather it be now so I guess that's the positive. Helps that the Sox are looking shaky out the gate, especially with pitching.

What bothers me Tyler is that the team is supposed to "younger". Back when Mo, Jeet and Posada came up they were never injured which lead to titles.

Yankees just called up Kyle Higashioka, the AAA catcher. That doesn't seem to bode well for Sanchez' injury. This run of bad injury luck just seems impossible.

Yankees just called up Kyle Higashioka, the AAA catcher. That doesn't seem to bode well for Sanchez' injury. This run of bad injury luck just seems impossible.

I believe the # is up to 13 now. Unbelievable. Nothing horrible yet so fingers crossed this is just a fluke to begin the season.

Severino is the scary one. Another setback or 2 and it gets a little precarious.

I believe the # is up to 13 now. Unbelievable. Nothing horrible yet so fingers crossed this is just a fluke to begin the season.

Severino is the scary one. Another setback or 2 and it gets a little precarious.

At some point you have to criticize the off-season program and conditioning.

At some point you have to criticize the off-season program and conditioning.

I was thinking the same thing. How can this many professional athletes end up hurt in such a short timeframe In a non contact sport? Stuff like Didi and Montgomery...**** happens. Can't help torn ligaments from throwing. But how many guys are out now with pulled muscles? Sanchez, Stanton, Tulo, Hicks, Severino? Wtf?

Last edited:
LeMahieu leading off today. About damn time. As much as Ive loved Gardner his whole career here, he has no business at the top of the order at this point in his career.

Back
Top Bottom