Official NFL Cuts thread | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Official NFL Cuts thread

ESPN Stats and Information

Former Titans GM Ruston Webster drafted eight players on Day 2 during his four years as Titans GM from 2012-15. With today's reported releases of Jeremiah Poutasi, Bishop Sankey and Justin Hunter, all eight of those players will not be on the Titans' 2016 roster.

It's not just a Miami thing, the draft is a crap shoot for every team. Even the Patriots have struck out a lot recently.

Eric Rowe being shopped..

Wonder what the cost is.

Now that the whole NFL seems to be on the SPARQ train seems likely that someone will bite. His workout numbers are someone of the most impressive you'll ever see.

Height: 6006
Weight: 205
40 Yrd Dash: 4.45
20 Yrd Dash: 2.61
10 Yrd Dash: 1.56
225 Lb. Bench Reps: 19
Vertical Jump: 39
Broad Jump: 10'05"
20 Yrd Shuttle: 3.97
3-Cone Drill: 6.70

He's the athletic prototype for the kind of corner we want. Having not watching him play you've got to imagine he's pretty goddamn bad. The Eagles might already be convinced that he'll always be terrible and want to unload him before it becomes too obvious. The hope would be a Vontae Davis situation where a change of scenery could help him, but those are few and far between.

At this point I'm more worried about our linebackers than our corners, though. If we're gonna spend assets in a trade that's where I'd spend them.

I liked Eric Rowe a lot but you have to make sure he's alright in this system. Some folks were a little confused on whether he should be a corner or safety.

The guy I was really hoping the Cowboys were stupid enough to cut is CB Deji Olatoye. But I don't think they're dumb enough.

ESPN Stats and Information

Former Titans GM Ruston Webster drafted eight players on Day 2 during his four years as Titans GM from 2012-15. With today's reported releases of Jeremiah Poutasi, Bishop Sankey and Justin Hunter, all eight of those players will not be on the Titans' 2016 roster.

It's not just a Miami thing, the draft is a crap shoot for every team. Even the Patriots have struck out a lot recently.

Shocker it's not just a Miami thing? According to some on this website Miami is the only team in the entire league that doesn't draft well or retain all their players.

I liked Eric Rowe a lot but you have to make sure he's alright in this system. Some folks were a little confused on whether he should be a corner or safety.

The guy I was really hoping the Cowboys were stupid enough to cut is CB Deji Olatoye. But I don't think they're dumb enough.

Well if we're gonna be running a base cover 3 then corners become pseudo safeties. But from what I can tell from preseason we're not being quite that rigid. Seems like we're gonna running more man to man than anything.

I just haven't watched him at all in the pros so I don't know what he's struggling with or the kind of scheme he might thrive in.

Well if we're gonna be running a base cover 3 then corners become pseudo safeties. But from what I can tell from preseason we're not being quite that rigid. Seems like we're gonna running more man to man than anything.

I just haven't watched him at all in the pros so I don't know what he's struggling with or the kind of scheme he might thrive in.

From what I saw in Philly, ball awareness was his biggest issue, but Philly asked a lot of their CB's under Kelly. Safety help was limited, and a young CB, transitioning from S, could be more afraid to trust his instincts if he has to defend the entire field.

I'm not saying he'll be good, but I think there's still hope for him in another system - or/and as he matures. I agree though that LB is a bigger priority/problem for Miami.

Wow, Justin Hunter? Damn.

I admit I'm still holding out hope that Hunter's light comes on. I've always liked the Idea of going four wide with Parker and Hunter outside & Stills and Landry inside. Hunter and Parker would give you two big fast athletic targets.

Rand Getlin ‏@Rand_Getlin 20m20 minutes ago
I'm told the #Titans will be releasing third-year defensive back Marqueston Huff.

---------- Post added at 01:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:58 PM ----------

Rand Getlin ‏@Rand_Getlin 18m18 minutes ago
Marqueston Huff led the #Titans with 15 special teams tackles last season after finishing second on the team with 11 as a rookie.

---------- Post added at 01:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:59 PM ----------

Rand Getlin ‏@Rand_Getlin 24m24 minutes ago
I'm told the #Falcons will release DE Malliciah Goodman.

Aaron Wilson Retweeted
John McClain ‏@McClain_on_NFL 32m32 minutes ago
Two more Texans cuts to 56: DL Dan Pettinato, S Antonio Allen

From what I saw in Philly, ball awareness was his biggest issue, but Philly asked a lot of their CB's under Kelly. Safety help was limited, and a young CB, transitioning from S, could be more afraid to trust his instincts if he has to defend the entire field.

I'm not saying he'll be good, but I think there's still hope for him in another system - or/and as he matures. I agree though that LB is a bigger priority/problem for Miami.

Totally unrelated but curious who you think we keep as defensive backs and safeties? Lucas to PS?

Justin Hunter, Cordarelle Patterson, Da'Rick Rogers, Tyler Bray, Antonio Richardson and Dallas Thomas all on the same offense at the same time for the Vols. Rogers got suspended before the 2012 opener, but still. That is an amazing record of NFL level talent leading to epic level failure. Richardson was considered the big recruit there and he ended up going undrafted and retiring before last year.

Also Ju'Waun James on that team. :lol: And he's only been mediocre/good. If you told people before that he'd be the only guy who was a starter in the NFL a mere four years later, not too many people would have believed it.

Justin Hunter is like the worse case scenario Devante could be. Weren't both a threat in the air in college (Combine stats/Height wise Hunter looks more dangerous in the air) but Parker had noticeably better hands.

Good WRs there. I haven't looked at our cuts if we made any yet but I'd take any of those WRs over Whalen. If we decided to go that way

ProFootballTalk ‏@ProFootballTalk 2m2 minutes ago
Bengals released S Jimmy Wilson per source.

our old friend...

Back
Top Bottom