*** OFFICIAL NFL DRAFT DISCUSSION THREAD *** Day Three | Page 46 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

*** OFFICIAL NFL DRAFT DISCUSSION THREAD *** Day Three

So other than Harris you're happy with our draft?

Ozzy rules!!

Im happy with Harris. It all makes sense at the end of the day.

Pass rusher for our attacking front, RFM!, strong perimeter press CB, fleet-footed beast of a guard, rotational DT's and a shot in the dark at receiver talent.

A+ grade. easy.

why couldn't we draft CBS's #98 ranked best player, a center, for example

95TYLER ORLOSKYCWEST VIRGINIA
132KYLE FULLERCBAYLOR
134JESSAMEN DUNKEROGTENNESSEE STATE
139CHAD WHEELEROTSOUTHERN CALIFORNIA
154CARROLL PHILLIPSOLBILLINOIS
155KD CANNONWRBAYLOR
167JARRON JONESDTNOTRE DAME
169MALACHI DUPREWRLSU
170DAMIEN MAMAOGSOUTHERN CALIFORNIA
177MATTHEW DAYESRBNC STATE
179JOE MATHISDEWASHINGTON
182ERIK MAGNUSONOTMICHIGAN
185JEREMY CUTRERCBMIDDLE TENNESSEE
186ERIK AUSTELLOGCHARLESTON SOUTHERN
187CAMERON TOMCSOUTHERN MISSISSIPPI

That was a real question? You think Grier is paying attention to the CBS list?

Interesting pick considering how crowded we are at WR. Like our G pick, but with how thin and ?? our OL is, we only drafted 1 offensive lineman in the draft. I sue hope that means we are looking at FA's or UDFA still out there because 1 fifth round guard isn't going to solve our protection issues. Overall happy with the draft other than spending only a 5th on the line.

We're not that crowded. Landry and Stills have proven, Parker just needs to be healthy. But after that we have nothing more than the promise of Carroo. You need more than 3 receivers and a maybe in the NFL.

I love this draft too.
The run defense got bigly and younger.
The OG spot was filled.
This team should have very few weaknesses.

Ford is intriguing. If he played with a better qb, he could've been a 3rd rounder. Good catch radius.

This is a very good point.

I went to UVA, so I've seen this guy kicking the crap out of my Wahoos for a few years now. This guy is a quality football player, one of those "gamer" types you like to have on your team. He's not an athletic freak, but is athletic enough to get the job done, definitely plays faster than he tests.

And as was said above, if he had a better QB throwing to him he would have put up monster numbers and been drafted much higher, great pick!

GO PHINS!

That sounds silly.

Why?

Just because it is a 7th round pick doesnt mean we should be careless with it.

Look, its not a big deal, its just a waste in my opinion. If we are looking for camp fodder or depth, WR isnt the area we need to look.

Grab an O line, D line, LB, DB or hell, a kicker.

WR just seems pointless and redundant at this point.

I said I'd not complain about our last pick and I'm not. He's a good player. Will be hard to get him out there on our strongest position but I'm very happy with our draft

Ozzy rules!!

Apparently, WRs only play on offense, don't play special teams, and there's no such thing as injuries. And you guys wonder why SoS gets so pissy. :bobdole:

:lol:

Add to this draft the FA pick ups and then add to last years team
Hopefully RT and Jones are ready to go.

This was by far the best draft I've seen in awhile, they saw the problem and tried to fix it with this draft by going defense heavy. Props to the FO right now. We'll see how they pan out for the future of this team. Hopefully it's for the better and this team trends up from here on out.

FWIW, all of our picks today received "A's" or "A+" from the CBS Draft Tracker

RND # PLAYER POS. SCHOOL GRADE
1 22 Charles Harris DE Missouri B+
2 54 Raekwon McMillan ILB Ohio State B
3 97 Cordrea Tankersley CB Clemson B-
5 164 Isaac Asiata OG Utah A+
5 178 Davon Godchaux DT LSU A
6 194 Vincent Taylor DT Oklahoma State A
7 237 Isaiah Ford WR Virginia Tech A+

Isaiah Ford | WR, Virginia Tech
Height: 6-1 Weight: 194
A receiver prospect with less than ideal speed, but put up back-to-back 1,000-yard seasons and gets separation with his quickness, giving his QB windows to throw in. Very good value late in the seventh.
A+

Are there any teams with Free Safeties likely to be cut in the coming months following this draft?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom