*** OFFICIAL NFL DRAFT DISCUSSION THREAD *** Day Three | Page 47 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

*** OFFICIAL NFL DRAFT DISCUSSION THREAD *** Day Three

Why?

Just because it is a 7th round pick doesnt mean we should be careless with it.

Look, its not a big deal, its just a waste in my opinion. If we are looking for camp fodder or depth, WR isnt the area we need to look.

Grab an O line, D line, LB, DB or hell, a kicker.

WR just seems pointless and redundant at this point.

They're being careless because you say so. Got it.

You haven't seen their draft board. You have no idea what the strategy is. Not going BPA this late gives you a higher chance of a wasted pick. Tell me what sense it makes to draft a different position if the player is ranked lower and may not make the team.

FWIW, all of our picks today received "A's" or "A+" from the CBS Draft Tracker

RND # PLAYER POS. SCHOOL GRADE
1 22 Charles Harris DE Missouri B+
2 54 Raekwon McMillan ILB Ohio State B
3 97 Cordrea Tankersley CB Clemson B-
5 164 Isaac Asiata OG Utah A+
5 178 Davon Godchaux DT LSU A
6 194 Vincent Taylor DT Oklahoma State A
7 237 Isaiah Ford WR Virginia Tech A+

Isaiah Ford | WR, Virginia Tech
Height: 6-1 Weight: 194
A receiver prospect with less than ideal speed, but put up back-to-back 1,000-yard seasons and gets separation with his quickness, giving his QB windows to throw in. Very good value late in the seventh.
A+

B for McMIllan? Pretty much the consensus top ILB in the draft especially when Foster's character and injury are taken into account?

Raekwon is an A. No question.

They're being careless because you say so. Got it.

You haven't seen their draft board. You have no idea what the strategy is. Not going BPA this late gives you a higher chance of a wasted pick. Tell me what sense it makes to draft a different position if the player is ranked lower and may not make the team.

Relax dude, you're making more out of this than it needs to be.

Its a 7th round pick FFS. I made a comment that it seemed frivolous, you're turning it into a witch hunt.

FWIW, all of our picks today received "A's" or "A+" from the CBS Draft Tracker

RND # PLAYER POS. SCHOOL GRADE
1 22 Charles Harris DE Missouri B+
2 54 Raekwon McMillan ILB Ohio State B
3 97 Cordrea Tankersley CB Clemson B-
5 164 Isaac Asiata OG Utah A+
5 178 Davon Godchaux DT LSU A
6 194 Vincent Taylor DT Oklahoma State A
7 237 Isaiah Ford WR Virginia Tech A+

Isaiah Ford | WR, Virginia Tech
Height: 6-1 Weight: 194
A receiver prospect with less than ideal speed, but put up back-to-back 1,000-yard seasons and gets separation with his quickness, giving his QB windows to throw in. Very good value late in the seventh.
A+

Either Miami did really good or CBS was being lazy today giving out grades.

Relax dude, you're making more out of this than it needs to be.

Its a 7th round pick FFS. I made a comment that it seemed frivolous, you're turning it into a witch hunt.

I am relaxed. No animosity here. Tone isn't expressed well through text sometimes. My apologies. It does get annoying hearing the same stuff about 6th and 7th round picks every year though.

---------- Post added at 05:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:34 PM ----------

:chuckle: Do they still employ Jason LaCrapforu?

Not sure. I heard he lost his virginity a few months ago though. Hooray.

Day 3 put this draft over the top. Unbelievable value at every selection round 5 - 7. I'm very happy. I was bummed out a bit, reading about ESPN trashing the 1st two days. This F/O stepped up IMHO.

I really like Chris Carson. I think the Seahawks added another solid running back. It will be tough for him to stick with Lacy, Rawls, Prosise and Collins on board. Could be looking at the practice squad.

Umm... never mind. Cheers.

Last edited by a moderator:
6'2 194 WR who ran a 4.61...

I think Carroo is safe:bobdole:...although I wish we had bundled him with a 5th to move into the 4th.

Wes Welker ran a 4.65. If you're a savvy route runner (Landry) you can get open over the middle.

Back
Top Bottom