*** OFFICIAL NFL DRAFT DISCUSSION THREAD *** Day Two | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

*** OFFICIAL NFL DRAFT DISCUSSION THREAD *** Day Two

I don't know. We could have a better team next season and not win 10 games with the schedule we have. I never said we should draft defense with every pick. I said the FO wants defense as much as possible. I'd love for us to draft a guard but I just don't see it happening at 54. It might happen at 97 but again, that's not a sure thing. We do need help on defense as they were horrible last year. You need defense to win in the playoffs. Are you suggesting we need offense more than we need defense at this point?

Ozzy rules!!

No...I'm saying that upgrading the o-line is as important as upgrading the defense which was addressed in FA (Timmons, Hayes, McDonald) and the return of Jones. As I said before, I feel the defense is better than it was last season just with that. That said, I doubt if we will be a Super Bowl caliber defense...I'll give us average/above average with all things clicking. If we have an average offense (rickety o-line) coupled with the average defense...that sounds like no playoffs...back to 7-9, 6-10.

Snipe for Chidobe Awuzie. Offer our next years first straight up for a top 15 second rounder and get the best nickel available. FS will be fine when TJ McDonald comes back from suspension and Allen, Thomas and Awuzie himself can cover that hole in the meanwhile. Use our second for an OLB with pass rush ability to sub in at RE in subs. Williams, Bowser, Willis, Anderson, Lawson. I wouldn't mind an off LB given he can play SAM. Cunningham, Anzalone, McMillan. Take best OG available on the third, even if it takes trading up within the third to get your guy, hopefully not. Go DT with two of our 5ths. Jones and Toikolovatu would be nice. The last 5th and 7th could be BPA.

No...I'm saying that upgrading the o-line is as important as upgrading the defense which was addressed in FA (Timmons, Hayes, McDonald) and the return of Jones. As I said before, I feel the defense is better than it was last season just with that. That said, I doubt if we will be a Super Bowl caliber defense...I'll give us average/above average with all things clicking. If we have an average offense (rickety o-line) coupled with the average defense...that sounds like no playoffs...back to 7-9, 6-10.

Good points. I am worry about the oline too. Don't trust what we have at guard or that Pounce can stay healthy(he needs to get healthy first before he stays healthy). I feel the FO messed up in free agency by not getting a top tier guard. We wouldn't have to worry so much about it now. Hoping for the best tonight of course.

Ozzy rules!!

Funny when I look at the top players still on the board according to CBS the 22nd player on that board is an OLB from bama. Tim Williams but I doubt we pull the trigger on him

Ozzy rules!!

I still believe we must get another pick. Any chance we trade our 2nd and get another 3rd and possibly a 4th this year? We needed Lamp, but there is no way we will get him with our pick in the 2nd. Instead we should aim for Asiata, Siragusa or Isidora.

we could move down some and get a 4 round pick in return. I want to move down but not a lot. Don't want to miss on good talent. BTW,if we stay at 54 we should be drafting around 9pm?

Ozzy rules!!

I still believe we must get another pick. Any chance we trade our 2nd and get another 3rd and possibly a 4th this year? We needed Lamp, but there is no way we will get him with our pick in the 2nd. Instead we should aim for Asiata, Siragusa or Isidora.

I'd rather have either a guard who can play center or a center who can play guard for now till Pouncey goes down or is released next season

people are really stupid with all the booing. Lets get this thing going already

Ozzy rules!!

wish we had our original 3rd tonight....sigh

Ozzy rules!!

If they stop here with the receivers, I think we'll be OK. If they take ANOTHER WR in the third, I'll be pretty upset.

And I am not one for draft day hysterics.

Pretty much my stance as well. Drafting a WR tonight would be lunacy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We're going to get another pick. They're going to trade picks from next year's draft for an extra third. I've felt like that all along.

---------- Post added at 07:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:13 PM ----------

wish we had our original 3rd tonight....sigh

Ozzy rules!!

I'm not a big hindsight guy in terms of regret, but yeah. It's hard to get over that ridiculously stupid trade that made zero sense last year.

Carroo is a nothing player for us. And will always be. And that's not even all against him. We have three starting caliber receivers on our roster. And we had all three when we traded for the pick to select him. Pointless then. Pointless now.

I'd rather have either a guard who can play center or a center who can play guard for now till Pouncey goes down or is released next season

Yep, I'm with ya. Hoping for Elflein or Pocic in the third.

Back
Top Bottom