***Official NFL Draft Thread*** | Page 88 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

***Official NFL Draft Thread***

blount will be gone before our last pick anyway. you have to figure NE or Tenn, NO, Philly, Indy, or one of the other teams with multiple 7's left will take a chance.

Guys who aren't household names for last pick....

Jameson Konz - FB/HB/TE Kent State.....freakish athlete, no real position
Tim Knicky - OLB Stephen F. Austin....DE with athletic ability to move to OLB, high motor guy
Quentin Scott - FS Northern Iowa....BIG safety (6'4, 224), ran 4.4 and 4.45 at pro day, 4.18 shuttle, 6.88 3-cone. Can't hurt bringing in another safety/special teamer.
Jeromy Miles - S UMASS....6'2, 210 safety with good quickness (4.24 shuttle, 6.72 3-cone).

We traded our 4th and 6th to cowboys for their 4th 7 spots ahead.

We got AJ Edds, Cowboys got Akwasi Owusu-Ansah & Sam Young............****!!!!!

Sam Young is awful! I mean Awful! AOA may turn into something but he's a project and a half. Dude played against some pretty poor competion

Other options....
Austin Spitler
Kurt Coleman
Doug Worthington
Lindsey Witten
Jeremy Williams
Blair White
Sergio Render
AJ Jefferson
Nick Polk

Jameson Konz - FB/HB/TE Kent State.....freakish athlete, no real position
Tim Knicky - OLB Stephen F. Austin....DE with athletic ability to move to OLB, high motor guy
Quentin Scott - FS Northern Iowa....BIG safety (6'4, 224), ran 4.4 and 4.45 at pro day, 4.18 shuttle, 6.88 3-cone. Can't hurt bringing in another safety/special teamer.
Jeromy Miles - S UMASS....6'2, 210 safety with good quickness (4.24 shuttle, 6.72 3-cone).

I really like Jeromy Miles. Big kid with some speed. Level of competion sucked but guy has ability. Kind of player you take a chance on at this point.

Jameson Konz - FB/HB/TE Kent State.....freakish athlete, no real position.

You Tube had Konz with a 46 inch vertical. Not sure I am buying that. I also like TE, David Johnson, of Arkansas State.

25 or so picks left. Time to start looking at some guys who may go undrafted that Miami has looked at.
Some i know of are

Van Eskridge
Patrick Stoudamire
Jeff Owens
Austin Spitler
Jeff Linkenbach
Ekom Udofia
Jeff Cumberland

The thing I am most disappointed about with this draft is that we completely ignored the TE position. We are STARVING for playmakers at the position and it's obvious that Fasano is NOT the answer. I know it's not a sexy draft, and I'm ok with it. But I was hoping to add at least ONE more playmaker to this offense. Guys like Dorin Dickerson and Anthony McCoy were still available in the 6th and 7th rounds and we take guys like Chris McCoy and Nolan Carroll, who I'm not so sure we couldn't have signed as UDFA. Now Dedrick Epps gets taken by the Chargers in the 7th and I'm just super bummed about that.

Back
Top Bottom