Official NFL Draft Thread: | Page 61 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Official NFL Draft Thread:

2nd round.... there looks like to be an almost clean path to us for ILB.... can we get our Mike??? KENDRICKS??? would be perfect!!!

OG i dont see too much definite talent... Marpet? Fisher is spoken highly on by some here? John Miller is a mauler, scheme wise???

CBs there will be some like Quinten Rollins? Jacoby Glenn? Steven Nelson? ..... Senquez Golson and Jaelen Collins more scarier.

DTs... some great ones there still... Carl Davis and Xavier Cooper... not many DTs off board yet so they may fall!!!!

RB... there will be many after the 2nd round available... but Tevin Coleman, Jay Ajayi, David Cobb, David Johnson, Jeremy Langford all interesting!!!

WRs... later maybe too Justin Hardy, Tre McBride, Tyler Lockett all great gets!!!

2nd round.... there looks like to be an almost clean path to us for ILB.... can we get our Mike??? KENDRICKS??? would be perfect!!!

OG i dont see too much definite talent... Marpet? Fisher is spoken highly on by some here? John Miller is a mauler, scheme wise???

CBs there will be some like Quinten Rollins? Jacoby Glenn? Steven Nelson? ..... Senquez Golson and Jaelen Collins more scarier.

Mitch Morse and Jarvis Harrison I would add to the OG mix too. Morse is a late riser.

---------- Post added at 11:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:04 PM ----------

Some nice RB's there too.

Well, so far 1-1, hopefully I can go 2-2, but would not be upset if Miami is able to get Kendricks instead. :chuckle:

Did any of these draft experts mock Tomlinson in the first ? That's a reach I would say, but could prove to be a great pick by Detriot, they've certainly gotten a great character guy by the looks of things, he's not going to be caught with a bunch of weed a week before the biggest day of his life for sure.

There's a couple. He was moving up from 3rd round prospect to high #2 and a couple mocked him into the 1st.

I must have a dozen posts on the board stating Tomlinson was/is the best all around guard in this draft. I also said don't be surprised to see him go in the first.

That's the draft. I take most if the what round stuff with a grain of salt. If a player works for your team, your scheme, that's what counts, screw the round or spot. And if a player makes the team, starts and is productive, no one cares and where they were drafted is forgotten right away.

Hickey's Ja'wan James pick last year is a prime example.

Hoping there is a corner or even safety for us in round 2. I had two rated higher than Collins. My favorite, Denarius Randall was the first safety taken and my next favorite Derron Smith is still on the board.

Last edited by a moderator:
I liked Tomlinson a lot myself... very good guard with solid film, and his senior bowl drills and game was extremely impressive!!! great hard working kid, showed ability toanchor in space with good footwork and hands, strong and could move to get into the second level. i loved him... good luck to him, but wish he was a dolphin!!!

we will either get a good LB,Corner,G in round 2 so its looking good...sucks we dont have a 3rd tho unless we can trade a 4th + 5th for a late 3rd?

Mitch Morse and Jarvis Harrison I would add to the OG mix too. Morse is a late riser.

---------- Post added at 11:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:04 PM ----------

Some nice RB's there too.

After Jamil Douglas, Jarvis Harrison is the next best zbs guard. He has some issues though. But he has all the tools for the scheme. I really want Douglas.

I was recently watching last season's Kansas City game and at times Thomas looked decent at guard against Dontari Poe. Who knows maybe Thomas gets better this year if they keep him at guard. Remember Evan Mathis wasn't so great early in his career, he couldn't get off the bench during his season in Miami, and now he's a Pro Bowler at the end of his career. I still want to draft a guard, but I'm hoping Thomas can improve as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
So anyways.... what were the Colts thinking?

They should've gone defense imo. NT would've been a very good pick for them, unless they signed someone in FA im not remembering

They should've gone defense imo. NT would've been a very good pick for them, unless they signed someone in FA im not remembering

Wish they had taken brown, ne got a steal there

So do I. I'd rather NE not have replaced wilfork with a guy with some legit talent, on the other hand. He would've helped the Colts slow down New England bullying them constantly

Man without your old avatar I never realize it's you dlockz lol how long did you have that old one?!

i was a little shocked with Indy, especially not going LB in anyway.... but I see why they also went WR. Luck is their man, he can be great, and with more weapons around, especially youthful to develop for years to come... he will thrive. picture him last year getting hit often (yes due to an bleh o-line) but also WRs werent really getting open. AGE hurt them... now he has more youthful speed guys, that have good footwork... if they al lwork together with the TEs who can play... that offense has just become more potent, and he can release the ball sooner to that aspect.

defense yes will be hurting from this move though I believe... but there are LBs that they may want to move up on quickly.... lots of DTs though still in draft, not many taken round one, surprisingly

I'm so glad Anthony is gone was worried Hickey really liked him.

cheers to that!!!

and unlike datruth where he had Anthony ranked.... I had Anthony ranked at #0!!!

now just let the ILBs fall to us at 47... Kendricks, would be perfect!!!

---------- Post added at 10:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:52 AM ----------

Holy smokes...Randell who was my favorite safety in the draft but I had him as a 3rd rounder.

big shock there i agree... not many safeties i like, Randall was #2 for me... but wow 1st round. good for that kid!!! 1st off board as well

Back
Top Bottom