Official NFL Draft Thread: | Page 62 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Official NFL Draft Thread:

So anyways.... what were the Colts thinking?

They should've gone defense imo. NT would've been a very good pick for them, unless they signed someone in FA im not remembering

They were thinking TY on one side and Dorsett on the other this year.

And than next hear when TY wants a new contract, Dorsett will be ready to replace him.

Teams are drafting for future needs these days, no one wants to pay up anymore, especially teams with QBs approaching contract year.

and with the 14th pick of the 1st round, the Miami Dolphins select:

WR- DeVante Parker of Louisville
DeVante-Parker.jpg

Our comp just got better... Jets gotta steal, Colts gotta steal and the Pats gotta a steal. Glad the Bills didn't pick or they probably would have gotten a steal too.

---------- Post added at 12:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:13 PM ----------

They were thinking TY on one side and Dorsett on the other this year.

And than next hear when TY wants a new contract, Dorsett will be ready to replace him.

Teams are drafting for future needs these days, no one wants to pay up anymore, especially teams with QBs approaching contract year.

No way they let Hilton walk... The limit goes up every year. These so called "record breaking" contracts look like nothing in 2 years from now. That O is stacked though. They're built for the super bowl with that squad.

Here are my thoughts going into tonight in no particular order:

* A LG is the biggest need this team has. Dallas Thomas has to come out. However, I find it interesting that IMO there will be higher graded players on the board at that time. Do they draft for value or fill a huge need?
* A quality MLB will be there at 47.
* There are some very interesting DT's that are kicking around the second round.
* Do you run a card up with a quality CB to not only help this year, but to get the cap relief of jettisoning Grimes in 2016?
* I would love to trade down from 47 and pick up a 3 or another 4.
* I am waiting until Saturday to snag a RB. I think there will be someone of value there.
* A TE that can compete for a roster spot can be found on Saturday.
* This team still needs a player with kick and punt return ability.

Players on my radar:
LG
* Jake Fisher: has some tackle ability and has played some guard in college.
* AJ Can: I know he is a power scheme guy, but I just see the rugged DT's in the division and I am confident he can match them inside.
* Donovan Smith: Another guy with tackle ability, but is he athletic enough to play in this system inside?
* Mitchell Morse: He got on my radar based on Mike Mayock's list of players. He seems to fit and is versatile.
* TJ Clemmings: The foot thing bothers me. I think he was overrated by going in RD1, but maybe he is decent value by going on Friday.
* Ali Marpet: He fits a scheme, but is a kid from a D3 school going to help right away? Not convinced, but I know he is a fit.

DT
* Jordan Phillips: Great value at 47. Tell me he would not thrive next to Suh.
* Grady Jarrett: Different body type that Phillips, but I love the motor and might bring some needed energy upfront.

MLB
* Eric Kendricks: Love this kid. So underrated. We shall find out if that knee issue is real by about 8pm
* Paul Dawson: Love the tape. Hate the workout numbers. Hate the off field stories.

CB
* Eric Rowe: Nice fit and could help right away.

My order of "grade"

1. Kendricks
2. Rowe
3. Fisher
4. Phillips
5. Jarrett
6. Dawson
7. Clemmings
8. Cann
9. Morse
10. Marpet
11. Smith

So I just got Kendricks in my mock draft so that means he's going to be there:) Ironically Perriman was gone...here's the rest.

47 - Kendricks
114 - Alex Carter - CB Stanford
149 - Arie Kouandkio - G - Alabama
150 - Ladarius Gunther - S - Miami
191 - Sean Hickey - OT - Syracuse

That's crazy talk. We desperately need a WR. Landry offers nothing after the catch, Stills is a Mike Wallace deep speed type, & Greg Jennings is in the twilight of his career. Parker is also the BPA.

Landry offers nothing after the catch!?!?

going back to something I brought up yesterday.... thoughts on Winston actually being a true #1 draft pick???

i am not really questioning his ability... i question more or less him!!!

also, seeing him having his red carpet type party, that seemed to have bouncers and such, over 200 people there.... i thought he wasnt going to the draft "show" because he wanted to be with his grandmother. thoughts?

also he instagrammed, i believe, a picture of himself with a tray of crab legs saying something... .thoughts on this? i highly think a lot of people out there, even the NFL and Tampa organization is not going to like this... take this as a negative. not sure if he was joking, taking a stab at people, media, whatever.... but its not a smart thing to do. yes, it has been stated a possible picture from a charity event where he took the picture for a guy that is on a crab catching tv show or something... and he was sending that out as a thank you for the crab legs he donated to the red carpet type party he had for draft..... but its not taken down off of his instagram due to most likely Tampa Bay organization asking him too.

is he learning, does he care, is he just not aware??? thoughts???

going back to something I brought up yesterday.... thoughts on Winston actually being a true #1 draft pick???

i am not really questioning his ability... i question more or less him!!!

also, seeing him having his red carpet type party, that seemed to have bouncers and such, over 200 people there.... i thought he wasnt going to the draft "show" because he wanted to be with his grandmother. thoughts?

also he instagrammed, i believe, a picture of himself with a tray of crab legs saying something... .thoughts on this? i highly think a lot of people out there, even the NFL and Tampa organization is not going to like this... take this as a negative. not sure if he was joking, taking a stab at people, media, whatever.... but its not a smart thing to do. yes, it has been stated a possible picture from a charity event where he took the picture for a guy that is on a crab catching tv show or something... and he was sending that out as a thank you for the crab legs he donated to the red carpet type party he had for draft..... but its not taken down off of his instagram due to most likely Tampa Bay organization asking him too.

is he learning, does he care, is he just not aware??? thoughts???

I cannot believe he took that picture.

That's crazy talk. We desperately need a WR. Landry offers nothing after the catch, Stills is a Mike Wallace deep speed type, & Greg Jennings is in the twilight of his career. Parker is also the BPA.

You lost all credibility when you said Landry offers nothing after the catch
NOTHING is 19th in the NFL with 463 yards after the catch
only 10 wide receivers had more yac than Landry...I REPEAT ONLY 10 WIDE RECEIVERS HAD MORE YAC

Landry had more yac than these WRs

Dez Bryant,Edelman,Boldin,Matthews,Hawkins,Sanders,Johnson,Hopkins,LaFell,Smith
,Hillton,Baldwin,Fitzgerald,Green,Garcon,Watkins,Decker,Sanu,Charles,Allen,Colston,Wayne
Crabtree,Harvin,Randle,Hester,Calvin Johnson,Wallace,Bowe,Jones,Marshall,Cotchery,
Jennings,Welker,Austin,White,M.Bryant,Stills,Cruz,Hunter,Benjamin,Evans,Smith,Britt,
Cooks,Cooper,V.Jackson,Nicks,Hartline,Floyd,

Landry is a yac stud and is in the top 10 in yac for wide receivers as a rookie
That's amazing and don't try to take that away from Landry

http://www.sportingcharts.com/nfl/stats/yards-after-the-catch/2014/

You lost all credibility when you said Landry offers nothing after the catch
NOTHING is 19th in the NFL with 463 yards after the catch
only 10 wide receivers had more yac than Landry...I REPEAT ONLY 10 WIDE RECEIVERS HAD MORE YAC

Landry had more yac than these WRs

Dez Bryant,Edelman,Boldin,Matthews,Hawkins,Sanders,Johnson,Hopkins,LaFell,Smith
,Hillton,Baldwin,Fitzgerald,Green,Garcon,Watkins,Decker,Sanu,Charles,Allen,Colston,Wayne
Crabtree,Harvin,Randle,Hester,Calvin Johnson,Wallace,Bowe,Jones,Marshall,Cotchery,
Jennings,Welker,Austin,White,M.Bryant,Stills,Cruz,Hunter,Benjamin,Evans,Smith,Britt,
Cooks,Cooper,V.Jackson,Nicks,Hartline,Floyd,

Landry is a yac stud and is in the top 10 in yac for wide receivers as a rookie
That's amazing and don't try to take that away from Landry

http://www.sportingcharts.com/nfl/stats/yards-after-the-catch/2014/

That's actually quite surprising.

Albert Breer @AlbertBreer · 14s 14 seconds ago
Names to watch early on in Round 2: Pitt OT TJ Clemmings, Oregon OT Jake Fisher, Ohio State WR Devin Smith, Arizona State WR Jaelen Strong.

I feel like we're gonna do something unexpected today. Not sure what tho. I don't want to use future picks and would rather move back to get a 3rd or a 4th. I still want a big RB and possibly a MLB

Ozzy rules!!

Back
Top Bottom