Official NFL Power Rankings Week 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Official NFL Power Rankings Week 10

I know we hate power rankings and they are just opinions, but it is just something we still look at ( well a good portion of us )

ESPN, oh how they love the dolphins

10. Arizona 5-3
11. Rams 5-3
14. Miami 5-3

I'm bad at math, but didn't we just beat these two teams ?

I know we hate power rankings and they are just opinions, but it is just something we still look at ( well a good portion of us )

10. Arizona 5-3
11. Rams 5-3
14. Miami 5-3

If only Miami played those teams recently to determine it on the field.

I've said this before. But I swear the media just doesn't like the dolphins or doesn't want to see them do good. I've felt that way for a long time now.

10. Arizona 5-3
11. Rams 5-3
14. Miami 5-3

I usually don't chime in on power rankings threads but:

3-1 against the proclaimed best division in football
+61 point differential which is 4th best in the NFL
Top 5 NFL scoring defense
4 game winning streak, with wins against two teams, with the same record, in front of us.

Yea I'd say 14 is too low for Miami but its all good, we just need to keep doing what we doing and they will all come around.

First, the good news. Miami's rise in the rankings may mean nothing, BUT it is a crude numeric reflection of the respect Miami is finally getting. I don't care much about the ranking number, but it is good to see increasing respect.
Now the bad news. Ranking carry to much historical and buzz baggage. Teams with a history of quality play tend to get the benefit of the doubt. Thus, the Rams lost to Miami? Hey, stuff happens. They're still good. OTOH, Miami got a lucky win. Secondly is HC and or player buzz. Murray. He's VERY good!! Yeah, he lost but he's still VERY good. Those prejudices are always there. Miami is rising in the rankings (gaining respect) in spite of that.

Back
Top Bottom