Official NFL Power Rankings Week 11 | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Official NFL Power Rankings Week 11

Just sticking with the AFC, Pit and KC are the top tier, with Bal close behind.

Of the three, we match up the worst with the Steelers. It's tough to match KC score for score, but with our "D" not impossible.

After that, it's an "any give Sunday" type situation with us Ravens, Bills, Titans, LV.

Indy doesn't scare me at all.

Here's the thing though. A lot of those second tier teams are maxed out currently where they are, whereas we are, seemingly, getting better by the week.

There is an addage about "peaking at the right time", and that might just apply to us this season. Tua is adding to his repertoir on a weekly basis. The defense is one not too many OCs are in a hurry to face.
Miami always struggles against Baltimore, although this is a different season. Matching up against those mobile quarterbacks is always a challenge. Mahomes is just on another plane right now, although the switch from Fitzpatrick to Tua gives the Dolphins a better chance. Pittsburgh is physical, but I think Miami could pressure Big Ben enough to make that a game.

But, I agree with you those are the three teams to beat in the AFC. I like Miami's chances against the Titans, Bills and Colts.

Miami always struggles against Baltimore, although this is a different season. Matching up against those mobile quarterbacks is always a challenge. Mahomes is just on another plane right now, although the switch from Fitzpatrick to Tua gives the Dolphins a better chance. Pittsburgh is physical, but I think Miami could pressure Big Ben enough to make that a game.

But, I agree with you those are the three teams to beat in the AFC. I like Miami's chances against the Titans, Bills and Colts.

Miami is a run game away from being top 5

Miami is a run game away from being top 5
Who do you see as the weak link on the offensive line? I know most agree it's the lack of a real good running back in Miami holding back the run game. I think it's a little bit of both. Would be nice to add a power runner, which I'm sure was the hope with Howard.

What I don't like, specifically, about a (theoretical) Steelers matchup, is that the repeatedly smash you in the mouth until you are bleeding profusely, then BAM!!! Over the top into single coverage. I like our corners, but thier wideouts are a pretty damn physical unit.

What I don't like, specifically, about a (theoretical) Steelers matchup, is that the repeatedly smash you in the mouth until you are bleeding profusely, then BAM!!! Over the top into single coverage. I like our corners, but thier wideouts are a pretty damn physical unit.
Even though Big Ben isn't as mobile as Mahomes and Jackson, he can buy time and is really skilled at hitting the big play down the field. That is really the challenge. Miami would likely not run the ball very well against the Steelers, putting a lot of pressure on Tua and the passing game. Perhaps the Dolphins defense would come up with a big play to give Miami a chance.

It’s the steelers edge pass rush that we don’t want no parts of. Avoid

What worries me more is how many questionable DPIs we'll get on those over the top passes.

The Steelers have no glaring fatal flaws. Solid all the way around.

I guess that's obvious from the record.

Pats are about to make a move...they’ve scored on 13 of their last 18 possessions on offense
Makes it more infuriating that the Jets and Flacco handed NE that recent win.

Pats are about to make a move...they’ve scored on 13 of their last 18 possessions on offense
Pats arent about to make any kind of move, they played the Jets followed by a game in high wind conditions... The only thing they're halfway decent at is running the ball. They suck at passing the ball and they're atrocious at it in the 1st quarter. They'll look good against teams who cant score if they miraculously get an early lead and thats about it...

Pats arent about to make any kind of move, they played the Jets followed by a game in high wind conditions... The only thing they're halfway decent at is running the ball. They suck at passing the ball and they're atrocious at it in the 1st quarter. They'll look good against teams who cant score if they miraculously get an early lead and thats about it...

lol halfway decent at running the ball

Back
Top Bottom