Official NFL Power Rankings Week 11 | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Official NFL Power Rankings Week 11

Who do you see as the weak link on the offensive line? I know most agree it's the lack of a real good running back in Miami holding back the run game. I think it's a little bit of both. Would be nice to add a power runner, which I'm sure was the hope with Howard.

I'm odd man out. I don't see ANY glaring weakness in the OL compared to previous OLs. That's the good news. Don't want to beat a dead horse, but an off-season in the weight room should help Jackson, Kindley, Hunt. Given that, Karras seems to have trouble in the run game.
Ahmed seems to be able to see and hit holes quite well, but he's not a feature back and looks weak in pass pro. Washington is unknown. I like Gaskins, but he seems a blink late hitting the hole.
I think the run game is a mixture of strength in the linemen, no big RB, and blocking schemes.

I'm odd man out. I don't see ANY glaring weakness in the OL compared to previous OLs. That's the good news. Don't want to beat a dead horse, but an off-season in the weight room should help Jackson, Kindley, Hunt. Given that, Karras seems to have trouble in the run game.
Ahmed seems to be able to see and hit holes quite well, but he's not a feature back and looks weak in pass pro. Washington is unknown. I like Gaskins, but he seems a blink late hitting the hole.
I think the run game is a mixture of strength in the linemen, no big RB, and blocking schemes.
I agree, it is a combination of things, none of which are insurmountable.

I'm not ready to blame the scheme so much as the execution. With repitition, coaching and experience, I'm positive it will get better.

I agree, it is a combination of things, none of which are insurmountable.

I'm not ready to blame the scheme so much as the execution. With repitition, coaching and experience, I'm positive it will get better.

I'll agree with that. I'll preface my next comment by saying I don't watch OL play as much as I should, but I see OLmen engage and get pushed back or aside. A portion of that is technique, but a portion is good 'o, Neanderthal strength

Miami always struggles against Baltimore, although this is a different season. Matching up against those mobile quarterbacks is always a challenge. Mahomes is just on another plane right now, although the switch from Fitzpatrick to Tua gives the Dolphins a better chance. Pittsburgh is physical, but I think Miami could pressure Big Ben enough to make that a game.

But, I agree with you those are the three teams to beat in the AFC. I like Miami's chances against the Titans, Bills and Colts.
I think those teams would not like to face the Dolphins in the playoffs either, then would prefer the Titans or Colts

Back
Top Bottom