*** OFFICIAL OAKLAND RAIDERS @ MIAMI DOLPHINS GAME THREAD *** WK9 Sunday Night | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

*** OFFICIAL OAKLAND RAIDERS @ MIAMI DOLPHINS GAME THREAD *** WK9 Sunday Night

The field is fine as long as it doesn't get rain before our game.

Hope the field conditions are good....

Watching UM game, they havent discussed it much...

Have def seen a few players slip and some sod fly though..

I was at the Canes game tonight. Got into my seat an hour before kickoff. New field looked pristine. Then it couldn't withstand a simple pregame warmup without being noticeably chewed up. They had a sod crew out there before kickoff and also at halftime.

It's still markedly better than last week or any time since the beginning of the season. Shouldn't be a problem for the Dolphins tomorrow. Rain is indeed the key variable. This field with this roofing situation cannot tolerate activity during rain or shortly after rain. Fortunately we are toward the end of the peak rain season in South Florida.

This would actually be a competent field for a USFL scenario, playing in the spring. Miami is often drought-like during spring.

The greatest improvement this season is parking lot grass and parking lot conditions in general. They resodded those areas and also newly paved the parking lot roadways. Consequently you can walk around without traipsing through mud every step. It looks good. The white lines on the grass to designate parking spots also looks good. They must have planted the grass early because it took and did not get ruined via the rain we did have earlier in the season. That's the first example I can think of in three years of renovation that something was obviously done early enough and not raced toward completion as the season neared.

Ugh, stupid late game will mean work will suck tomorrow. Hopefully it'll be worth it this time.

If we get a half decent Offensive performance it'll make the Ajayi trade make some sense. Maybe getting weaker will make us stronger. Or something. If nothing else, it might have thrown the Raiders off their game planning.

Lets see a quick start, early points, and a strong team performance.

Also, if we could get through a week without any drama, that'd be great.

:woot

DancinDolphins1.gif

NBC was advertising the game starting at 7:00 during the ND game yesterday.

LETS GO DOLPHINS LETS GET WIN #5 BABY!
PUT THE CLAMPS ON THESE WASHED UP WAIDAZ!
Now I have a soft spot for the Bills, but brother, that's one funny avatar you have there!

Before this season I was hoping to care more about this game. After all, the Dolphins are my team, but the Raiders are my 2nd favorite team, and both looked poised to be good. Today, minus Ryan Tannehill, after our OL coach went retro-dysfunction and our OL is again the laughing stock of the league both on and off the field, and our coach goes ballistic and jettisons our best running back since the Ricky/Ronnie days ... and I'm far less enthusiastic. And even the Raiders have shown they're a one-man team. Without Derek Carr, and I was a HUGE fan of his even before he was drafted, the Raiders have shown to be just another bunch of players. Not bad per se, but nothing impressive. Kinda like the Dolphins. But with Derek Carr at the helm, they're a different team. Granted, they've been set back because he's missed so much of the season, and isn't fully in sync with everyone yet. But just having him on the field is a huge advantage. And Beastmode is acting out. But really, this game is about what it isn't.

It isn't a showdown between Beastmode 1.0 (Marshawn Lynch) and Beastmode 2.0 (Jay Ajayi). It isn't a showdown of two of the best young AFC QB's in Carr and Tannehill. It may be a showdown between Cam Wake and Kahlil Mack, but given that the Raiders have a good OL and we ... well we do not, I'm not sure that's much of a showdown. This isn't a watershed game where one team announces to the world that it is a real contender while the other fights for a wildcard spot. This feels more like two clubs on life support with the loser getting the plug pulled.

But for the winner, this could serve as a chance to flip the script. If we win, this could begin a very real comeback segment for the Dolphins. If we're going to make the playoffs ... this is a must win game. Time to see if Gase's attempted wake up call works. Because we can't get Ajayi back if it didn't. That J-Train has left the station. Now it's on the guys left to pick up the slack, because Ajayi will definitely be missed.

Back
Top Bottom