Official Playoff Thread of the New England Patriots | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Official Playoff Thread of the New England Patriots

Status
Not open for further replies.
FaninPatsyLand said:
I find it funny that the ONLY reason people are claiming the New England defense is pathetic, is directly due to all the injuries. Pioli and Belichick can do no wrong... (admittedly, they're probably the best in the business at this point), but they made some very questionable decisions this past offseason.

I seem to remember them going out and trading for Duane "I'm a nightmare for Patriot fans" Starks to fill the hole that was void from Ty Law's departure. Well he came in and stunk up the joint, but I guess that was due to injuries? What about Monty Beisel, wasn't he supposed to be some god anchoring the middle of that defense in Bruschi's place? How did he turn out?

Sure Rodney Harrison is a good player, but how good is your defense really if ONE injury can bring down the level of play that much? We heard how our offense sucked because all we had was Ricky Williams after he quit on us a year ago. How come that rule isn't applied here.

Seems a tad bit hypocritical to me..

I think most figured the fins were bad in these past yrs because of your head coach Wanny. He did suck. Williams quiting just compounded everything and I wasn't following the fins close enough but i remember seeing them play last season early and the offensive line was just god awful. I couldn't tell you if that was caused by injuries or not, like I said most of us put the blame on to Wanny.

With regards to Harrision it wasn't just Harrison. Bruschi was out but we knew that right after last yrs pro bowl. I think one of the biggest losses was Ted Johnson retiring just before preseason. Starks was a reach and although i don't believe injury was the cause of his terrible play he is now on IR and had shoulder surgery. I see him gone at seasons end. Tyrone Poole although not a top notch CB was good enough to make a difference but over these last two seasons played a total of 5 games maybe. This season he went out in game one with a sprained ankle and never returned. Again he'll be gone at seasons end. So we started out behind the eight ball and it went down hill from there with the eventual loss to Faulk and Light on offense and Seymour and Harrison on defense. Injuries are a part of EVERY team I agree and I can honestly say that we are now getting back a lot of these players and it has made a difference on both sides of the ball. The NE vs miami game was the start of the same guys starting in the secondary and 4 weeks together with those same guys have made a difference. We are coming together as a team and playing better defense every week. Belichick Has done a great job of keeping it together this yr, He has shuffled around the line up and patched in players here and there some just signed a few weeks before taking the field. He's done so with out either Weis or Crennel and he has got this team poised to clinch the AFCE. I give him credit for that and don't think many other head coaches would have faired as well as he's done with everything thrown at him this season.
How far NE goes in the playoffs I can't say but I don't feel anybody is going to take down this yrs colts, they are just too good but I not counting anyone out just yet either. I would be happy to just have a chance to take them down in the playoffs and win it all or go home after week one I can't say I'm disappointed with the Pats this season. We'll be back next season and god knows it can't get any worse than it was injury wise than it was this yr. We've had a lot to be thankful for in NE and I see more to come for the next couple of years or better.

Good post. I've got nothing but respect for what that organization has accomplished over the last couple of years, but that said, it seems like fans around New England point to injuries way too often. They make it sound like its only a problem for the Patriots, but disregard the situations their opponets are facing. I heard no mention to Takeo Spikes or Chad Pennington listening to WEEI up here the past 2 weeks.

Anyways, good post. I'm glad to see you aren't a ridiculous homer like Fred Smerlas and some of the other clown radio and tv personalities up here.

FaninPatsyLand said:
Good post. I've got nothing but respect for what that organization has accomplished over the last couple of years, but that said, it seems like fans around New England point to injuries way too often. They make it sound like is only a problem for the Patriots, but disregard the situations their opponets are facing. I heard no mention to Takeo Spikes or Chad Pennington listening to WEEI up here the past 2 weeks.

Anyways, good post. I'm glad to see you aren't a ridiculous homer like Fred Smerlas and some of the other clown radio and tv personalities up here.

You know when ever i got down this season about the injuries I thought of those poor jet fans and what they have had to face. Buffalo has really only had to face the loss of spikes and bring a yong QB along but the jets lost more than anyone in the EAST. Not only did they suffer losses to Pennington but they now have to figure out where they are going should that be the end of his career. I can understand most fans are sick of hearing about the Pats unfortunately its a spill over of these past 4 yrs. I was ticked off at the way ESPN did eveything but give bruschi oral sex. I felt bad for Tedy because I know he wanted to just come back and be one of the team. The press both TV and Radio over do almost everything they get their hands on these day like they are starved for stories. Anyway I do understand how you feel about the coverage it does get annoying.
I think you guys have got yourself one of the best in Saban and although it may take a yr or two to put together the personal I see some exciting match ups between the Dolphins and the Pats. I think he and Belichick think, plan and like to play the game very much the same way. Should make for some close games and a tight AFCE race.

MR NFLFAN said:
You know when ever i got down this season about the injuries I thought of those poor jet fans and what they have had to face. Buffalo has really only had to face the loss of spikes and bring a yong QB along but the jets lost more than anyone in the EAST. Not only did they suffer losses to Pennington but they now have to figure out where they are going should that be the end of his career. I can understand most fans are sick of hearing about the Pats unfortunately its a spill over of these past 4 yrs. I was ticked off at the way ESPN did eveything but give bruschi oral sex. I felt bad for Tedy because I know he wanted to just come back and be one of the team. The press both TV and Radio over do almost everything they get their hands on these day like they are starved for stories. Anyway I do understand how you feel about the coverage it does get annoying.
I think you guys have got yourself one of the best in Saban and although it may take a yr or two to put together the personal I see some exciting match ups between the Dolphins and the Pats. I think he and Belichick think, plan and like to play the game very much the same way. Should make for some close games and a tight AFCE race.

Very well said

FaninPatsyLand said:
Good post. I've got nothing but respect for what that organization has accomplished over the last couple of years, but that said, it seems like fans around New England point to injuries way too often. They make it sound like its only a problem for the Patriots, but disregard the situations their opponets are facing. I heard no mention to Takeo Spikes or Chad Pennington listening to WEEI up here the past 2 weeks.

and you wont hear it. EEI talks about the red sox 75% of the time in the winter.:lol: Well, big game against Tampa tmorrow. Brady's questionable but he'll be in there.

Bucs win 24-22. Vinitari misses the game winner in the snow!!!!

Bucs vs pats is one of the rarest matchups in the nfl. Ive never met a buccaneers fan before, all I know is that Sapp was an @sshole

MKeveny said:
and you wont hear it. EEI talks about the red sox 75% of the time in the winter.:lol: Well, big game against Tampa tmorrow. Brady's questionable but he'll be in there.

No doubt, Boston is a baseball town.. and always will be.

Should be a good one tomorrow..

AFC East Champs!

What a great game for Brady and our defense, we thrashed those bucs 28-0.:D sorry phins you know it had to happen sometime

MKeveny said:
AFC East Champs!

What a great game for Brady and our defense, we thrashed those bucs 28-0.:D sorry phins you know it had to happen sometime

Well duh man. We pretty much knew that we wasn't gonna win the divison because you guys do have to play the Jets again. Next year will be different. :evil:

Yea winning the division now feels like nothing compared to when we won it in 2001..ahh the memories

God that sucked. Not only the Pats won, but they crushed them. It was a horribly boring game to watch. Hopefully, the KC Vs. NYG game will be more interesting.

Pats beat a sorry Bills team in Foxboro and they think they are back. :sidelol:

Roman529 said:
Pats beat a sorry Bills team in Foxboro and they think they are back. :sidelol:

Sorry Bills team in Foxboro? You must be caught in a time warp seeing that game was back in week 8. Exactly 3 weeks after that Sorry bills team put a beating on the Dollfins.

Week 5
Sorry bills 20
Sorryer Fins 14

:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom