Official Playoff Thread of the New England Patriots | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Official Playoff Thread of the New England Patriots

Status
Not open for further replies.
FaninPatsyLand said:
Don't compare THOSE Patriots and THESE Patriots. And don't compare THOSE Steelers to THESE Colts.

Stop living in the past, you guys sound like Yankee fans.

Nuff said.

I am a
clear.gif
Fan:lol:
If the patriots were to play indy tomorrow they'd probally win. I'm telling you guys were the last team indy wants to play in the playoffs. Thanks for filling in for me Mr. NFLFan

AquaInferno said:
And if a star player misses playoffs thanks to playing for no reason, then what? I believe before you guys at least had a chance at home feild in the playoffs, this year there is 0 improvment you guys can make in your playoff status. Why play star players and risk them being hurt if nothing can be gained? I seriously expect to see cruise control for the Pats.

Brady is a prime example here, he played throughout the season, there won't be rust, if he goes down in week 16 or 17 then what will Bill do? He could kiss any chance they had at the big game goodbye. And no you could not make it without Brady as QB so you Patsie fans pipe down and don't even bring up the possibility, Doug Flutie??? Matt Cassle??? Those guys will not cut it, guaranteed.

Your trying to tell me what Bill Belichick will do and I told you what he's done in these past SB yrs. I don't see him changing his ways and who other than you said nothing can be gained? I see making a team sharper each and every game as something gained? If you are going to sit and think about injuries then you'll never make it to the playoffs to begin with. I can see you fin fans have lived the Wanny way of coaching for so long it's like you all think just like him. I do know this Belichick didn't rest any players last yr but the colts did and what happened to the colts in foxboro last season? As far as who we can and can't make it with or with out is just a guess because each yr we've lost someone we couldn't make it with out yet there are those Lombardi's all shining away in foxboro. I will choose to believe in the Belichick way for now because he's forgotten more about football than any fan on this site has ever known about the game. Were already in and were peaking at the right time what more could any fan ask for.

If Brady goes down then yes were skrewed just like any other team would be. Without Brady we wouldnt of been able to win any of our 3 superbowls, (No team can win with a below average QB) but If Bledsoe was still the QB we wouldnt be down in the dumps. We have alot of great players on the team over these last 10 years that have helped us win just as much as him.

Note* Anybody can post anything in this thread about the pats that they'd like to discuss

MKeveny said:
next up: Dolphins.
Should be fun to watch

I agree this is one that should be fun. We don't need it but I think Belichick will play to win. I expect to see the starters come out sometime probably 3rd qtr if we are out ahead and I don't see any reason why we won't win.

MR NFLFAN said:
Perhaps a history lesson is appropriate here. Rewind back to oct 31 2004 The day the steelers ended the NE 21 game winning streak. We lose Law in the process of getting a beating at the hands of the steelers. Then fast forward to the AFCC game NE at Pitt the same year.....NE returns the favor in a blow out of the Steelers................Losing to a team in week 6 or 7 doesn't automatically constitute a loss in the play offs..............nuff said.

Do you seriously think that the Pats are going to go into Indy and win? If you do, I am afraid you are going to be very disappointed. :cry: They may get past the Jags, but I am not even sure of that. I seriously doubt that you will see the Pats in the Super Bowl any time soon.

I don't think it is N.E year but anything can happen they are well coached and records go out the door when the playoffs start. However I would not hate the Pats so much if all the sports writers and commentators and whoever talks about them doesn't praise them more then a pirest at church!

The New Guy said:
Do you seriously think that the Pats are going to go into Indy and win? If you do, I am afraid you are going to be very disappointed. :cry: They may get past the Jags, but I am not even sure of that. I seriously doubt that you will see the Pats in the Super Bowl any time soon.

I am very serious. We've heard the same blah blah blah as you use everytime we've gone to the playoffs, and hows it worked out so far? Every year we hear how we can't beat the colts or the steelers or the rams or the panthers or the________ fill in the blank, yet there are 3 shiney Lombardi's in foxboro.

It really doesn't matter what you think, feel or doubt....thats why they play the games. Right now We have as good a chance as anyone.

wazzy said:
I don't think it is N.E year but anything can happen they are well coached and records go out the door when the playoffs start. However I would not hate the Pats so much if all the sports writers and commentators and whoever talks about them doesn't praise them more then a pirest at church!

Sorry Wazzy but thats the price a team pays for winning. It happens in every sport to a team thats been on top for an extended period.

MR NFLFAN said:
It really doesn't matter what you think, feel or doubt....thats why they play the games. Right now We have as good a chance as anyone.

It's a two way street, why don't you take your own advice, be quiet and watch the games. Maybe you'd be a bit more well recieved around here if you stopped trying to rub everyone's nose in your teams success.

Quite frankly, Dolphins fans care about your opinion of the Patriots as much as you care about our opinion of the Patriots. Just let it go and enjoy the successes of your team instead of trying to put us Dolphin fans down.

MR NFLFAN said:
I am very serious. We've heard the same blah blah blah as you use everytime we've gone to the playoffs, and hows it worked out so far? Every year we hear how we can't beat the colts or the steelers or the rams or the panthers or the________ fill in the blank, yet there are 3 shiney Lombardi's in foxboro.

You are right when you say that it does not matter what I think. I am just giving you my opinion just like you are giving everybody else yours. The reason I say that I don’t think the Pats will beat Indy is not because they got blown out by the Colts earlier in the year. It is because I think that the Colts are a superior team. Even if the Pats miraculously get past the Jags and the Colts, they would probably have to play @ Den. That is why I say that the Pats are not going to make it to the Super Bowl. The Pats are a shadow of the teams that they have had in the last few years. The last couple of years that the pats have won the Super bowl they have had 14-2 records and first round bye's. Their record this year is 10-5. At best the Pats will finish 11-5, 3 games less then what they have done the last couple of years. Even the 10-5 record they have now is deceiving. Out of the 15 games the Pats have played so far, they have only beaten two teams that are going to make the playoffs. So, in my opinion the Pats do not stand a chance to make it to the Super Bowl. But like you said it does not matter what I think. That is why they play the games, and In a couple of weeks we will get to see who is right.:)

The New Guy said:
You are right when you say that it does not matter what I think. I am just giving you my opinion just like you are giving everybody else yours. The reason I say that I don’t think the Pats will beat Indy is not because they got blown out by the Colts earlier in the year. It is because I think that the Colts are a superior team. Even if the Pats miraculously get past the Jags and the Colts, they would probably have to play @ Den. That is why I say that the Pats are not going to make it to the Super Bowl. The Pats are a shadow of the teams that they have had in the last few years. The last couple of years that the pats have won the Super bowl they have had 14-2 records and first round bye's. Their record this year is 10-5. At best the Pats will finish 11-5, 3 games less then what they have done the last couple of years. Even the 10-5 record they have now is deceiving. Out of the 15 games the Pats have played so far, they have only beaten two teams that are going to make the playoffs. So, in my opinion the Pats do not stand a chance to make it to the Super Bowl. But like you said it does not matter what I think. That is why they play the games, and In a couple of weeks we will get to see who is right.:)

So what your saying is a team going into the playoffs with an 11-5 regular season record can't win the sb? Thats funny because in 2001 a team with a 11-5 record beat the greatest show on turf as they were then called. A team that all the experts said could not be beat because they were simply too good. Funny thing about your regular season w/L record is it didn't hold water then and its exactly why I don't believe it does now. You are entitled to your opinion and I respect that. Also seeing your a fish fan I don't expect you to believe in my Pats.

Good post just the same new guy.

Thank you for respecting my opinion. I also believe that you are entitled to your opinion. You are just being a good Pats fan. I would probably be saying the same things you are saying if the Phins were in the Pats position. That is why it is always fun to hear other peoples opinions. I am not saying that a team with an 11-5 record can not win the Super Bowl. I was just trying to say that I did not think that the Pats are at the same caliber of years past. If I remember right, the year the Pats went 11-5 that was a good enough record for the Pats to qualify for a first round bye. They will not have that luxury this year.
I know, the next thing you are going to say is that the Denver Broncos won the Super Bowl as a wild card. I am not saying that a team that does not have a bye can not win the Super Bowl. I just think that the teams that the Pats will have to beat (Jags, Indy, Den) will make it very tough for the Pats to make it to the Super Bowl.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom