Official "Predict the starting roster" thread!! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Official "Predict the starting roster" thread!!

ItalianDolFan

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
Now that the draft is over...lets see who can predict our starting roster. Here is my guess:

QB: Feeley
RB: Ronnie Brown
FB: Heath Evans
WR: Chambers, Booker, Thompson
TE: McMichael, Lee
LT: Damion McIntosh
LG: Jeno James
C: Rex Hadnot
RG: Vernon Carey
RT: Stockar McDougle

LE: Jason Taylor
NT: Kevin Carter
RE: Vonnie Holliday
OLB: Seau
ILB: Thomas
ILB: Crowder
OLB: Roth
CB: Madison, Poole
FS: Bua
SS: Jones
K: Mare
P: Turk
KR: Welker, Daniels
PR: Welker

That's a good team, I don't care what anyone says.

And another thing, I love the VERSATILITY we have on defense now. Look at the combos we can go with in the 4-3 or the 3-4. Especially with the pick of Matt Roth.

why does everyone make a 3-4 starting roster when a majority of the time Miami is going to play a 4-3?

Change boston to our #3 reciever. He'll resign, I have a feeling.

Man is it wierd not seeing surtain up there at cb for us. Gonna take some getting used to.

hey Boomer...or someone intelligent cuz i sure as hell am not...can u explain to me what the point is of having a 3-4, or 4-3. Why is a 3-4 better than a 4-3??? I know Miami uses a 3-4 on PASSING downs....but some teams use it all the time, even during the run and they still do well. In Madden, whenever i play against a 3-4 team, i crush them with the run. I dont get it. :confused:

3-4 is actually really tough against the run. 3-4 is the trend in the nfl right now it seems (3-4 used to be the norm, then the 4-3 became the norm)

Toss Frerotte at the top of that list, and our boys really dont look half bad. If we grab a top QB next year we suddenly have an amazing team!

Bua is a hard hitter.....Saban loves hard hitters. Mark my word, i KNOW Bua will get the starting FS spot. Wow, look at our team...we have SO MANY young guys. Half our team is in its 2nd year or less.

Howard, Poole, Bell, Bua, Moore, Pope, Crowder, Roth, Vickerson, Carey, Hadnot, Ronnie Brown, and others which i dont know the name of.

ItalianDolFan said:
hey Boomer...or someone intelligent cuz i sure as hell am not...can u explain to me what the point is of having a 3-4, or 4-3. Why is a 3-4 better than a 4-3??? I know Miami uses a 3-4 on PASSING downs....but some teams use it all the time, even during the run and they still do well. In Madden, whenever i play against a 3-4 team, i crush them with the run. I dont get it. :confused:

Miami used a nickel or a dime on passing downs. They still kept 4 down linemen, they just replaced linebackers with defensive backs.

The one thing i like is the hard hitters. Bua, Jones, apparently Poole is a hard hitter, Thomas, Seau, Clam Chowder Crowder, Roth, Carter, Taylor. Man oh man offenses will be scared of us.

ItalianDolFan said:
Bua is a hard hitter.....Saban loves hard hitters. Mark my word, i KNOW Bua will get the starting FS spot. Wow, look at our team...we have SO MANY young guys. Half our team is in its 2nd year or less.

Bua wont play FS, he will play SS where we have Jones. He will not start, especially not a FS where he doesnt have the speed for the position. Your hard hitter is the SS, who plays a lot of run support.

Dont think Bua will start at FS unless he has an AMAZING camp. I just dont think he has the all around talent. No question he has the ferocity...

WR: Chambers, Booker, Boston-(I think that he will be in Miami..Maybe Im just hoping)
TE: McMichael
C: Rex Hadnot or Wade Smith

DT: Kevin Carter
DT: Larry Chester
RE: Vonnie Holliday (with a strong camp and preseason this could be Matt Roth)
OLB: Crowder
FS: Travis Daniels ( I think Saban drafted him for this position)
SS: T-Buck Jones

KR: Welker

i played football for a few years, and my team only had one safety...i never understood what the difference was between a strong safety and a free safety. strong safeties i can tell are bigger....and Free safeties i can tell are faster, but they both seem to do the same job. :confused:

ItalianDolFan said:
Now that the draft is over...lets see who can predict our starting roster. Here is my guess:

WR: Chambers, Booker, Thompson
TE: McMichael, Lee
C: Rex Hadnot

NT: Kevin Carter
RE: Vonnie Holliday
ILB: Crowder
OLB: Roth
FS: Bua
SS: Jones
KR: Welker, Daniels
PR: Welker
Looks good if we're on a 3-4 but I'd have Daniels start at FS.

Ozzy rules!!

Back
Top Bottom