Official Red Sox '05 thread | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Official Red Sox '05 thread

Hostile7 said:
All im going to say is OWNED...

Pedro goes 9 innings, gives up 1 ER and stuck out 9...

I remember someone "close" to Pedro, saying that he was holding back his fastball because he didn't want to hurt it and effect his contract...

Last year on opening day he was throwing 86 and 88... He's throwing ****ing 94 mph when he throws his fastball. He looked awesome today (I was watching him and the Sox, switching between commercials). He made the braves look stupid with his changeup and curve.

Also Smoltz when insane with 15k. Then his bullpen comes in and ruins his ****.

Screw Pedro. You bet he was holding back over those last couple of years. He wanted to cash in on one more big contract, he got it from the Mets. His true colors will come out after he feels welcome in New York, after he earns his stripes in NY.

FaninPatsyLand said:
Totally agree. I'm not used to losing those games.

On another note... wtf is up with Renteria?? What does the game have to be on the line for him to get on base? I'm not complaining, coming through in the clutch is nice.. but hell some hits over the course of the game would make me feel slightly better.

I don't know what his problem is.. It's funny though because when he was up to bat I said to my dad, "You know Cabrera would come through big time right now" just jokin around and then 2 seconds later Renteria got the base hit. I'm happy that he's at least comming through in the clutch.

I think most of the problems surronding the team are just cause from a serious hand over effect from last year and I think the old guys are rubbing it off on the new guys.. It's so way early to judge anything right now but, this is a message board, mind as well mouth off a little.

FaninPatsyLand said:
Screw Pedro. You bet he was holding back over those last couple of years. He wanted to cash in on one more big contract, he got it from the Mets. His true colors will come out after he feels welcome in New York, after he earns his stripes in NY.

:yeahthat: Will we see him tomorrow?

FiN.in.RI said:

I would seriously doubt it. I heard a rumor that Dave Roberts will be making an appearence tomorrow along with Derek Lowe. If that is true, he is going to get a tremendous ovation.

As far as Pedro goes, if he does show, I doubt there would be a boo inside Fenway, even after everything that happened between him and organization since last October.

Tomorrow is going to be an amazing sight. Too bad I won't be seeing anything tomorrow, I'll be in class for the entire ring ceremony. Thank god NESN is replaying the ceremony again at 11pm.:)

FaninPatsyLand said:
Totally agree. I'm not used to losing those games.

On another note... wtf is up with Renteria?? What does the game have to be on the line for him to get on base? I'm not complaining, coming through in the clutch is nice.. but hell some hits over the course of the game would make me feel slightly better.

It was reported in some newspaper that he has some issues about playing in Boston. He is always nervous and hasn't been "relaxed" since signing that contract. Some fear of playing in that town or something. I don't know. Some newspaper reported it.

FiN.in.RI said:

No. Pedro told the Sox to keep their ring he doesn't want it. He's pissed at them.

Plus the Mets play on Monday so he won't be there even if he WANTED to. Which he doesn't.

I find it kind of strange How a Red Sox fans ends up as a Dolphins fan, and not a Patsie fan. How does that work? Did you decide to rebel against your home team in one sport, and remain faithful in to the other?

FaninPatsyLand said:
His true colors will come out after he feels welcome in New York, after he earns his stripes in NY.
You don't earn your stripes on the Mets. Second class team here in NY...like the Jets. ;)

MikeO said:
It was reported in some newspaper that he has some issues about playing in Boston. He is always nervous and hasn't been "relaxed" since signing that contract. Some fear of playing in that town or something. I don't know. Some newspaper reported it.

I'm not sure I buy that. He hasn't stepped foot inside Fenway until today. If he starts to freak out in a big series in September or October, then I'll be worried.

FiN.in.RI said:
You might want to broaden your statement to include Yankee and Met fans living in NY, ya think?

Yeah really. I mean, I don't think anyone on this board that lives outside of Miami gives a flying s*it about any other Miami area teams excluding our beloved Dolphins of course.

FaninPatsyLand said:
Yeah really. I mean, I don't think anyone on this board that lives outside of Miami gives a flying s*it about any other Miami area teams excluding our beloved Dolphins of course.

Speak for yourself. I support all my South Florida based teams.

And no one answered my question. I wasn't trying to be disrespectful. Just wondering how a Dolphins fan comes to support a Boston/NY based team of another sport.

KuD said:
Speak for yourself. I support all my South Florida based teams.

And no one answered my question. I wasn't trying to be disrespectful. Just wondering how a Dolphins fan comes to support a Boston/NY based team of another sport.

I live in CT, and my grandpa was a huge sox fan. So I became a huge sox fan.

My dad is a dolphin fan, so I grew up watching them and became one myself.

Hostile7 said:
I live in CT, and my grandpa was a huge sox fan. So I became a huge sox fan.

My dad is a dolphin fan, so I grew up watching them and became one myself.

Fair enough. :cooldude:

Back
Top Bottom