Official Red Sox '05 thread | Page 44 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Official Red Sox '05 thread

FaninPatsyLand said:
So Johnson is still going against Clement on Saturday?

:whew: I was really nervous that wasn't going to end up seeing that matchup.

Rumblings are he may be pushed ahead ot Friday but as of now he's still going Saturday. Maybe we can pitch Mosse tonight and Johnson tomorrow then M osse on Sat and Johnson on Sun? :(

nyjunc said:
But you get the logic of a team winning their first title in 86 years rubbing it in to the fans of the greatest franchise in the history of sports? :lol:

I don't see your point.

Yes, I am excited about the Sox winning the WS last year but I don't rub it in your faces - at all. I might rub in the fact that the yankees caused the greatest choke in the history of baseball but that's it.

THe only logic here is that if I gave a **** about the yankees being the great franchise in the history of sports and their 26 WC's, I would have been a yankee fan.

FiN.in.RI said:
Welcome to Fenway, suckers! :www:

:lol:

I'm laughing at the thought of Melky Cabrera's face after hearing all the f-bombs dropped in his direction exiting the team bus. Welcome to Boston, rookie.

FaninPatsyLand said:
:lol:

I'm laughing at the thought of Melky Cabrera's face after hearing all the f-bombs dropped in his direction exiting the team bus. Welcome to Boston, rookie.

what in the sam hell kind of name is Melky anyway.. Is his f'n middle name Way? :lol:

Here comes Curt... The place is going nuts. Hopefully, he doesn't blow *** (and the game).

"Welcome to the Jungle" indeed.

A couple of things that have really pi**ed me off.

Attention ALL Red Sox hitters, quit b*tching about the strike zone. Last time I checked, a ball at the knees is still a strike. This ump, aside from one poor call on a Mussina pitch to Varitek has been VERY consistent, can't ask for much more.

Mike Timlin is being overrated by EVERYONE in New England. You can't bring the guy into a game with runners on, if you do, you can bank on the fact that they will be scoring. His numbers don't show poor performances, but MANY more runners than you are led to believe by his numbers have scored on his watch. And there's still going to be idiots on a consistent basis calling up WEEI saying how great Timlin is.

I'm not going to get on Schilling tonight, first game back, this is kind of what I expected. A poor performance, I'm not worried about him, yet.

P.S. Oh yes, how could I forget about Edgar "I'm not hitting, and I lead all AL Shortstops in Errors" Renteria. Someone explain to me why he's bunting in the first inning of a scoreless game. I don't care if he's bunting for a base hit, he had the count in his favor, AND if he can't hit the ball swinging away, then he shouldn't be in the 2 hole. I can't remember the last time he hit a line drive (I'm not trying to be a ****, I honestly can't remember). I can't take the guy anymore, he's not hitting, he's not playing defense, he's not doing a whole lot other than making outs.

FiN.in.RI said:
Welcome to Fenway, suckers! :www:
Why thank you! And thanks so much for the hospitality! :tongue:

Seriously....good game tonight, let's see how the next three play out.

Hostile7 said:
Well... ****.

Well, atleast they'll be brining in Mariano.

That's just silly, yeah the Sox have had some luck against him but overall he still has good #s against the Sox and shut them down in the '99 ALCS, '03 ALCS and early in the '04 ALCS. It wasn't like you battered him in the ALCS, he made a mistake walking Millar and Roberts manufactured a run in game 4 then in Game 5 he came in w/ 1st and 3rd and 0 Out and only gave up the tying run. Technically a blown save but he did a great job to get out of that inning at 1 run and right now Mo is pitching as well as I have seen in years and that's saying something as he has still been very good in recent years.

With that loss last night, you Sox fans better watch out. The Orioles are being counted out, but are only a game back!!!

GO O'S!

woolhoss said:
With that loss last night, you Sox fans better watch out. The Orioles are being counted out, but are only a game back!!!

GO O'S!

If Sammy Sosa could actually put out 15% of his former production (just 15%), B'more would actually win this division!

MikeO said:
If Sammy Sosa could actually put out 15% of his former production (just 15%), B'more would actually win this division!
What a waste of money... Why did they trade for him again?

Hostile7 said:
What a waste of money... Why did they trade for him again?

Because he's still better than Jerry Hairston, who would have been playing half of Baltimore's games at 2B, thus not allowing Mr. Roberts to break out and put up Sosa-like numbers.

Back
Top Bottom