Official Red Sox '05 thread | Page 45 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Official Red Sox '05 thread

RWhitney014 said:
Because he's still better than Jerry Hairston, who would have been playing half of Baltimore's games at 2B, thus not allowing Mr. Roberts to break out and put up Sosa-like numbers.

How much are they paying Sosa to do that?

You also have to remember.....Chicago is still paying the majority of his paycheck. Baltimore is essentially paying him in hopes he becomes a fraction of his former self, if so then they got a bargain, if not....they still got money left to spend on a Shea Hillenbrand or someone like him.

woolhoss said:
You also have to remember.....Chicago is still paying the majority of his paycheck. Baltimore is essentially paying him in hopes he becomes a fraction of his former self, if so then they got a bargain, if not....they still got money left to spend on a Shea Hillenbrand or someone like him.

Crisis, what he said. :lol:

He got to it first, what can I do?

sorry to steal your thunder, haha

:shootself

Barry Zito is throwing a no hitter into the 7th.. Now the A's are starting to re-surface, and now there's no way they'll trade him.

Geez, Harden almost went perfect last night, now Zito is going no-no? Impressive...

Melky Cabrera made one of the worst plays I've seen in the majors this season. I can't think of any centerfielder in the big leagues that doesn't come up with that catch.

Just pathetic.

Fenway was rocking tonight, great atmosphere as usual.

hahahaha if I'm not mistaken, Melky Cabrera was brought up for his defense.

Their philosophy is "have someone youve never heard of screw it up, so the people we pay millions are off the hook"

Hostile7 said:
Barry Zito is throwing a no hitter into the 7th.. Now the A's are starting to re-surface, and now there's no way they'll trade him.

Billy Beane is a genious. I couldn't understand why people were criticizing his offseason moves (Hudson and Mulder). This guy has proven he knows what he is doing time and again. This A's team is going to be good for a LONG time with the young talent they currently have on the team, and the talent coming up through the system. One of the top 3 GM's in baseball without a doubt. Although Terry Ryan has done a great job with what he has been given.

Moneyball was great by the way. I've read it 4 times and I would recommend it to any baseball fan.

Back
Top Bottom