Official Saturday Camp Report Thread | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Official Saturday Camp Report Thread

jtsacksyou

Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
Seemed like yesterday's thread worked pretty well, so anyone with reports for saturday, post em here!!!

jtsacksyou said:
Seemed like yesterday's thread worked pretty well, so anyone with reports for saturday, post em here!!!

Sorry but these reports have a page of their own already. Clik on Camp Reports ....

Putting them in one place makes it hard to find them, especially when there are 40 pages of thank you's and great report responces......

Ozzy said:
Sorry but these reports have a page of their own already. Clik on Camp Reports ....

Putting them in one place makes it hard to find them, especially when there are 40 pages of thank you's and great report responces......

TOTALLY agree. We should list all camp reports under "Camp Reports" which is right under message board on the main site. Makes it much easier then to scroll through one thread 20 pages deep to find them.

Okay here is some observations from this mornings camp...

Saban spent about 80% of his time with...the offense! I think he is taking it very serious.

Of all the linebackers, Channing Crowder looks stunningly athletic. In agility drills etc he looks at a whole different level than anyone including Seau and Thomas.

To echo what was posted yesterday, Zach is huge. His arms are almost David Boston like.

Keith Traylor has got the biggest gut I have ever seen on a pro athlete.He looks nine months pregnant.

Toward the end of practice, Seau pulled up gimpy. He slammed his helmet down. They were checking his right leg. They ended up wrapping an ice bag to his hamstring right above the knee area. Probably a minor thing.

Of the QBs, Feeley looked the most consisitant with his throws and his arm strength is apparent. Ferotte was off the mark more so, but had the play of the day when he hit a well covered Wes Welker on a deep post that dropped in perfectly as Welker lunged forward and hit the dirt. It brought a big response from the crowd.

It was inspiring to hear Seau during drills urging the young linebackers on with "C'mon! lets go young bucks!, lets go young bucks!" He always runs, he is always first to each station. He is a great leader.

At one point a pass was dropped on a long play and the crowd let out a collective groan of "awwwwwww!" this prompted Matt Turk to look into the stands and jokingly say "keep it dowe over there". Speaking of Turk, the punter has it made. He did not kick the ball one time all day. He held for Mare and just shot the BS a lot. What a life!

Marty Booker dropped at LEAST 4-5 passes. Donald Lee dropped a few. The WRs looked shaky Except Welker who made the previous mentioned catch as well as a nice sliding out pattern. Good hands.

Overall I saw a lot of three WR sets, and lots of motion on offense. Plenty of end arounds that happen are faked, and misdirection stuff. The offense went deep a lot and you can see a much more agressve down the field approach.

Brock Berlin looked weak armed and unconfident. He only makes this team if someone gets injured.

Defense looks fast. Once again lots of movements. Plenty of line stunts, zone blitzes and mixed coverage and blitz packages. It looks like players will be coming from all over the place.

Sam Madison spent a lot of time with younger players coaching them, especially Alfonso Roundtree. Sam is a good leader and team guy. He was constantly involved and helping.

Saban and his entire coaching staff are all over the field and very vocal and spirited.

The 7 on 7 drills were pretty intense for a no contact practice. Plenty of contact at the point of attack and several time players were tumbling on the ground.

All in all a great experience. Catch it if you can.

great report, thanks...you said the WR's looked shaky, but how did boston and chambers look in paticular? anything of note?

Hey fin-atic, were you able to see Carey at LT? He supposedly held his own against J.T. (although all that could change when the pads go on...but I hope not)

Noodle Arm said:
Hey fin-atic, were you able to see Carey at LT? He supposedly held his own against J.T. (although all that could change when the pads go on...but I hope not)

That will all change once the pads go on but if he opens up training camp at LT then Houck must be seeing something.

God what an indictment it will be on Wise/Wanny if Carey opens the season at LT and plays solid.

5 star report fin...but one question...How was Ronnie Brown? I haven't heard much about Ronnie from this camp nor have I seen any pictures.

Back
Top Bottom