***Official Senior Bowl Thread*** | Page 21 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

***Official Senior Bowl Thread***

fishypete said:
How is he not Jai? Did Croyle out play him today...yes. Did Cutler have a game like Rivers had...no...in fact...if not for that muffed punt...and short field...he mostly wouldn't have scored...something Croyle, Whitehurst and Hackney did.

To be a first round pick...shouldn't a player be above the rest...not even or below? Cutler has possibilites...but you don't pay top dollar for hot dogs...you do for steak.

Cutler is a 2nd round pick?

Go back and watch your Vince Young video.

D'Brick lookin (and kinda soundin) like Ma$e.

No one is saying Cutler sucks. It's just with the way his stock has shot up so fast people are gonna question the hype, you know? It's just one game, I'd be excited if we got him. Seems like there is alot of potential there.

Don't know if anyone noticed but Kiper said he (Cutler) had done enough to be a "sure top 10 pick in April". So we probably won't even have shot.

Stacks said:
D'Brick lookin (and kinda soundin) like Ma$e.

No one is saying Cutler sucks. It's just with the way his stock has shot up so fast people are gonna question the hype, you know? It's just one game, I'd be excited if we got him. Seems like there is alot of potential there.

Don't know if anyone noticed but Kiper said he (Cutler) had done enough to be a "sure top 10 pick in April". So we probably won't even have shot.

Like most people...Kiper has a problem with eating his words...for him to say now that Cutler isn't a first round pick would be financial suicide.

Nappy Roots said:
no, its not fair. cause most people with valid opinions that cutler and broyle are awsome is over the course of careers and many games.

people who say they suck is baised on 1 game.

Sure it's fair.

If you read back, you'll see I said no one should judge based on one game.

My point was that there are as many, if not more, people who are not experts utterly convinced that Cutler is awesome just because other people are saying so as there are people who are not experts saying he sucks because of one game.

Just saying there are a lot of non-experts stating absolutes about player quality either way.

unifiedtheory said:

Go back and watch your Vince Young video.

I think you should watch it....if you think Cutler is as good as Young or Leinart.
At least Rivers earned it by playing the game of his life....Cutler...outplayed by Croyle, Whitehurst.

It looks like we'll have to wait till the NFL combine to see where Cutler will go

nopony said:
Sure it's fair.

If you read back, you'll see I said no one should judge based on one game.

My point was that there are as many, if not more, people who are not experts utterly convinced that Cutler is awesome just because other people are saying so as there are people who are not experts saying he sucks because of one game.

Just saying there are a lot of non-experts stating absolutes about player quality either way.

ok, i can agree with that.

A lot of experts think Cutler is a 2nd round pick.

A month or two ago MOST experts thought he was a second round pick.

Obviously, the term expert is kind of loose by nature.

And I would agree that most now see him in the first, some see him in top ten. But it's not ridiculous to see him as a second rounder.

It would be far more ridiculous to think Vince Young is a second rounder.

Nappy Roots said:
ok, i can agree with that.

Cool. And, for the record, I am sure you know way more about Cutler than I do.

I can only talk about draft trends and types. Entirely possible that none of that applies specifically to Cutler.

fishypete said:
How is he not Jai? Did Croyle out play him today...yes. Did Cutler have a game like Rivers had...no...in fact...if not for that muffed punt...and short field...he mostly wouldn't have scored...something Croyle, Whitehurst and Hackney did.

To be a first round pick...shouldn't a player be above the rest...not even or below? Cutler has possibilites...but you don't pay top dollar for hot dogs...you do for steak.

so your judging him on one game? :sidelol:

Nappy Roots said:
so your judging him on one game? :sidelol:

I judging him on his career and the game...Nappy. You can't dress up a donkey thinking it's a race horse, headed for the Kentucy Derby.

Well I'm a Florida boy living in ATL
and look how many guy are from the Fooball state of FLORIDA.

How about them Canes!

OT Winton is not a 1rd rounder he's more of a 3rd Round
WR Moss 1st Round early 2nd
DT Harris is a 1st Round early 2nd (harris was being Doubled teamed a lot K. william sack)
CB Jenning is a 2nd round

I have never since a OG man handled guys like Max Jean
who should have went to the U

fishypete said:
I judging him on his career and the game...Nappy. You can't dress up a donkey thinking it's a race horse, headed for the Kentucy Derby.

nice try fishy, but if you actually read what you wrote, you talked about how he got out performed by croyle, so he cant be a first round pick.

From what I saw Croyle was the better QB today. Cutler does not seem to handle pressure well, no poise. I wasn't really impressed with any of the qb's today but it is only 1 game. The pressure of trying to do well with so many scouts in attendance may have some bearing on their performance.

Back
Top Bottom