*** Official Tampa Bay Buccaneers @ Miami Dolphins Game Thread *** Preseason Wk1 | Page 35 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

*** Official Tampa Bay Buccaneers @ Miami Dolphins Game Thread *** Preseason Wk1

Haven't seen the game yet but was watching the highlights on ESPN and noticed on the first TD run by Tampa Bay that Stephone Anthony crashed down on the O-line and had no idea where the ball was. He basically vacated the area where the ball runner ran and scored untouched. This guy has zero instincts but the Dolphins will hold on to him because he has great athletic ability. This front office seems to have an affinity for Phillip Wheeler types.

If not mistaken I believe Gase is 0-3 in Preseason Game 1's.

We really did not play guys who will be here in the regular season.

That being said, the team seemed to be overmatched at times. And tampa is NOT a good team.

I believe Detroit went 4-0 in the preseason and then went 0-16 in the regular season.

you think we used the defensive scheme tonight rather than the vanilla stuff every team uses every preseason?

The problem is our defensive scheme is very vanilla in general. It has been even in the regular season the last few years. It's a terrible scheme to being with.

It all depends what results the coach wants. Maybe he's worried about the scoreboard so he leaves the starters in longer like Tampa did last night. He might want to test the secondary so he doesn't blitz. Plays are called just to see how a single player performs so it's toough to put too much into the first game. To me, it's about watching players and in particular rookies and I like what I'm hearing about our youngsters this morning

The problem is our defensive scheme is very vanilla in general. It has been even in the regular season the last few years. It's a terrible scheme to being with.
this scheme just won the Super Bowl so I would look at personnel and coaching

this scheme just won the Super Bowl so I would look at personnel and coaching

I seriously doubt they run the exact same scheme and they have Jim Schwartz as their DC and we got Matt Burke. That's a big difference. Plus their defense didn't win them the Super Bowl. They gave up 33 points in that game. They had that one huge defensive play at the end of the game with the sack fumble on Brady but that was about it. It was their offense scoring 41 points and a bad Patriots defense that won them the Super Bowl.

Last edited:
I seriously doubt they run the exact same scheme and they have Jim Schwartz as their DC and we got Matt Burke. That is a big difference. Plus their defense didn't win them the Super Bowl. They gave up 33 points in that game if I remember. They had that one huge defensive play at the end of the game with the sack fumble on Brady but that was about it. It was their offense, play calling on offense, and a bad Patriots defense that won them the Super Bowl.
that's one game, over the course of the season they were top 5 in points and yards given per game

that's one game, over the course of the season they were top 5 in points and yards given per game

I remember a few games during the season where their defense got lit up pretty good. Wentz saved them a lot with huge games himself.

Also don't forget Ryan Fitzpatrick really wants to keep/take Winston's job after the suspension. It's not a controversy, yet.

Our QB's goal was to just walk off the field after 15 minutes.

Last year the Browns went 4-0 in preseason. Their record over last three seasons: 4-44.

Back
Top Bottom