*** Official Tennessee Titans @ Miami Dolphins Game Thread *** Wk1 | Page 121 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

*** Official Tennessee Titans @ Miami Dolphins Game Thread *** Wk1

I might have already said this but big props to Sunday Ticket for keeping the game on. I might have a slight negative attitude towards Direct TV so I thought for sure they would screw us over.

When was the last time the Dolphins had 3(Stills, Grant, and Albert) legitimate deep threats?

I think Grant and Wilson might be threats on deep passes on plays where they flat out beat their defender or there is a bust in coverage, but you can't make a living throwing contested deep balls to Grant and Wilson. Parker gets a lot of crap here, but I would take my chances with him on a 50/50 ball over any of the other wide receivers.

I think Grant and Wilson might be threats on deep passes on plays where they flat out beat their defender or there is a bust in coverage, but you can't make a living throwing contested deep balls to Grant and Wilson. Parker gets a lot of crap here, but I would take my chances with him on a 50/50 ball over any of the other wide receivers.

The Phins missed Parker's 50 - 75 yards yesterday but I'll take our 2 new additions getting play time while we wait.

Amendola and Wilson more than make up for the loss of Landry, Grant puts it over the top.

Let me guess,you're upset because you couldn't go full blown melt down on the QB and team. Look at the bright side.....There's always next week.

Exactly right...I've been a fan since forever tuning in weekly and paying money to watch and or go to games to hope they fail....yeah...you got me - bravo champ!..golf clap...

Oh, and there were quite a few things to go off about on this game but I didn't - I only pointed out the truth and complimented (quite the opposite of being upset) other players who were primarily responsible for this win - again...don't get your panties in a wad - I said Tannehill was OK but apparently unless he is gushed over as "the leader" who can do no wrong and given undue credit (and not called out on some boneheaded plays) one can't be a true (read: delusional) fan like you.

Amendola and Wilson more than make up for the loss of Landry, Grant puts it over the top.

At no point in the game yesterday or throughout the day today have I even thought of Jarvis Landry until I saw his name in this post.

If what we saw from our offense against Tennessee was just the tip of the iceberg, I can't wait to see that whole glacier. We've got 3 weeks to fine tune some things.

Exactly right...I've been a fan since forever tuning in weekly and paying money to watch and or go to games to hope they fail....yeah...you got me - bravo champ!..golf clap...

Oh, and there were quite a few things to go off about on this game but I didn't - I only pointed out the truth and complimented (quite the opposite of being upset) other players who were primarily responsible for this win - again...don't get your panties in a wad - I said Tannehill was OK but apparently unless he is gushed over as "the leader" who can do no wrong and given undue credit (and not called out on some boneheaded plays) one can't be a true (read: delusional) fan like you.

I didn't know they gave out fan participation trophies.

You made the foolish statement "Grant, Jones, Stills, etc were much bigger parts of going out and getting it done."

I've been a fan forever if there is such a thing also, I've invested also........... flown down from New York over a dozen times.....big deal.

If you were a fan forever then you should have put the first game of the year and Ryans first in a year and a half in perspective. Saying that Ryan had a less of a part then Grant, Jones, Stills makes zero sense.

This just in....football is a team sport.

Sigh...another Tannehill protector who must guard & protect his boy Ryan from any criticism at all costs. I said Tannehill did ok overall - he threw some very good passes (and a great one to Stills) but also some very bad ones (but, wait...I know, I know...never HIS fault right?). He's not "at the bottom" of the list but he's also not at the top when his combined performance is looked at from yesterday's game in full. Again,guys like you here show they cannot objectively review RT because they will not consider anything but glowing admiration and only positive credit to the guy without also mentioning his screw ups. Lemme guess...you're also in favor of everyone in team sports getting participation trophies.

Do you even know how to respond to people without being condescending? It's funny how elderly people such as yourself feel like they've earned the right to be shitty to everyone they meet.

The ball location for the majority of RT’s passes is significantly improved. It is just one game, but it is an encouraging sign.

Do you even know how to respond to people without being condescending? It's funny how elderly people such as yourself feel like they've earned the right to be ****ty to everyone they meet.

Well...I'm not that old but you're right....older people are tougher and can withstand a back and forth confrontation unlike the snowflake generation which it appears you are part of without whining and getting all emotional over it or cry "bully!!!".

Last edited:
I didn't know they gave out fan participation trophies.

You made the foolish statement "Grant, Jones, Stills, etc were much bigger parts of going out and getting it done."

I've been a fan forever if there is such a thing also, I've invested also........... flown down from New York over a dozen times.....big deal.

If you were a fan forever then you should have put the first game of the year and Ryans first in a year and a half in perspective. Saying that Ryan had a less of a part then Grant, Jones, Stills makes zero sense.

This just in....football is a team sport.

Who is looking for a fan participation trophy??? I was reply to the idiocy regarding that I'm not happy with the win and was upset that we won. If you had any reading comprehension you would see that and that I wasn't looking for credit or accolades for being a fan (or wasting time, money, etc on the Dolphins). We're all in that boat so it would make no sense for you to claim I was saying otherwise.

Yeah football is a team sport.....okay, so you're saying that there aren't players who are out and out playmakers who can/do make a difference? Did you see A. Rodgers last night?? (granted he is few and far between). What about guys like Beckham, Julio Jones, Brady, Gronkowski, Antonio Brown, Von Miller, Mack, Cam Newton and on and on?

Face it....there are playmakers that, although they are playing a team sport, rise & stand above others on the team and make things happen or get things going. We are close to being devoid of any of that but yesterday Grant & Jones approached that level.

As for Tannehill...he looked good in the beginning and his passes had snap & good placement - I was thinking that maybe during the time off/practice he fixed many of his issues and had turned a corner to being better QB but as the game went on I started seeing some of the same old RT. That's the issue with him and why I know not to get too excited...he'll have a good game and then stink it up the next one....that's his history here and if you don't know that then you're not a Dolphin follower.

Oh..and btw (and not surprising from a Tannehillonlyfan) I did say RT was a part of the win (obviously) and gave him credit for doing OK....but you won't rest until you get agreement that he is master of all he surveys and is the prime being of winning for the Dolphins.....yeah, not so and you won't be getting that agreement.

Last edited:
Well...I'm not that old but you're right....older people are tougher and can withstand a back and forth unlike the snowflake generation which it appears you are part of without whining and getting all emotional over it.

More condescending remarks from I've been a fan forever but I'm not that old. :blackeye

Who is looking for a fan participation trophy??? I was reply to the idiocy regarding that I'm not happy with the win and was upset that we won. If you had any reading comprehension you would see that and that I wasn't looking for credit or accolades for being a fan (or wasting time, money, etc on the Dolphins). We're all in that boat so it would make no sense for you to claim I was saying otherwise.

Yeah football is a team sport.....okay, so you're saying that there aren't players who are out and out playmakers who can/do make a difference? Did you see A. Rodgers last night?? (granted he is few and far between). What about guys like Beckham, Julio Jones, Brady, Gronkowski, Antonio Brown, Von Miller, Mack, Cam Newton and on and on?

Face it....there are playmakers that, although they are playing a team sport, rise & stand above others on the team and make things happen or get things going. We are close to being devoid of any of that but yesterday Grant & Jones approached that level.

As for Tannehill...he looked good in the beginning and his passes had snap & good placement - I was thinking that maybe during the time off/practice he fixed many of his issues and had turned a corner to being better QB but as the game went on I started seeing some of the same old RT. That's the issue with him and why I know not to get too excited...he'll have a good game and then stink it up the next one....that's his history here and if you don't know that then you're not a Dolphin follower.

Sounds like you are making a wish list for Santa Claus. Sorry the NFL doesn't work that way hate to burst your bubble Tannehill is a play maker whether you like it or not. You might be better off playing Madden 2018. You can custom build your team.

Back
Top Bottom