Official Training Camp Countdown Thread | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Official Training Camp Countdown Thread

number1fin

#onephin
Club Member
Reaction score
http://m.bleacherreport.com/articles/1256358-miami-dolphins-complete-2012-nfl-preseason-training-camp-guide

We are 7 days away from the highly anticipated start of Training Camp.

I wanna know what your expectations are? Who you think will surprise? And who you think will disappoint?

Plus give me an objective and/or areas of improvement you'd like to see accomplished and/or addressed the most coming out of camp and headed into the preseason.

Also included is a link to a Training Camp guide.

Have at it!

Last edited by a moderator:
I didn't think Training Camp would ever get here. Not much of a wait left now. Can't wait for things to get started.

hmmm...i'll have to get back with you on my training camp and preseason crystal ball...need more time

I wanna see growth from Reshad Jones and Charles Clay.
Good picks. Jones improving significantly could be the ballhawk our D needs. I want to see impact plays out of Clay as well. In general I want to see how they are going to utilize guys like Clay, Egnew, Bush, and Miller. Im guessing these guys are going to need to make some big plays to help make up for the talent we lack at WR.

Huh, what? Did you say something? I was busy looking at the redhead in your sig for a while there. Oh yeah! Training camp! Go Dolphins! Wooooo!!! :chuckle:

I want to see impact plays out of Clay as well.
Clay showed flashes of greatness last year. If he continues to emerge as the premier match up nightmare that he already is then, watch out! We desperately need one of our own to hit too!

One guy flying under the radar that I think could make a name for himself in camp is Kheeston Randall. Could be a PS squad guy, but I think he has a legitimate chance to make this team.

I think Clay is a given. Much like Thomas he fought a pulled hamstring for most of last season and then showed what he can do. I'm a big Fasano fan and I hoping that he will not be needed to support our RT this season.

I'm hoping for a 1000 yard, 12 TD season for our TEs this year. (in 2008, Fasano and Martin had 904 yards and 10 TDs, Fasano had 450 yards and 7 of the TDs)

I'm looking at D Thomas coming in healthy and 7 pounds bigger/stronger and running like he did in spurts last season.

I expect Hartline to have a breakout season. I want to see what a healthy C Gates can do.

I want to see the best 5 OL we have had in some time. (Long is the "old man" of the bunch) I want to see us start throwing longer passes.

I want to see us leaving that freaking 3-4 and allow the big dogs to hunt in the 4-3. I want to see if the sacks and interceptions keep adding up for us like they have so far this season.

We had a PERFECT 50/50 run vs pass ratio last season, 29.3/29.3 rush attempts and pass attempts. I want to see if we go more into a passing mode. It is semi funny to me but I've bitched about us rushing more and having a balanced attack for several years. Under Saban and Cam Cam I could not figure out why we tried to pass so often, including a lot of short yardage plays. As I used to say, I trusted R Brown to make that yard a lot more then I trusted Cleo Lemon.

I'm not against passing the ball i simply think we should do more of whatever we do best, running or passing and less of what we do poorly. I have to give it to our coaches last season for understanding that simple thought/truth.

We had a PERFECT 50/50 run vs pass ratio last season, 29.3/29.3 rush attempts and pass attempts. I want to see if we go more into a passing mode. It is semi funny to me but I've bitched about us rushing more and having a balanced attack for several years. Under Saban and Cam Cam I could not figure out why we tried to pass so often, including a lot of short yardage plays. As I used to say, I trusted R Brown to make that yard a lot more then I trusted Cleo Lemon.

I'm not against passing the ball i simply think we should do more of whatever we do best, running or passing and less of what we do poorly. I have to give it to our coaches last season for understanding that simple thought/truth.
Last year we ranked 28th in the NFL for total plays per game at 61.9. I get what you're saying and all, but with this new up tempo philosophy, and with the greater chance that we'll pass the football more this year, it should lead to us increasing the number of opportunities to move the chains, thus leading to more plays and hopefully more points. I don't think running the rock more will have that same impact.

I'm probably in the minority here. But I strongly believe that since it's the fifth year of this building process. We have all the pieces in place to make a run in the playoffs.

Last year we ranked 28th in the NFL for total plays per game at 61.9. I get what you're saying and all, but with this new up tempo philosophy, and with the greater chance that we'll pass the football more this year, it should lead to us increasing the number of opportunities to move the chains, thus leading to more plays and hopefully more points. I don't think running the rock more will have that same impact.

Puts our defense back on the field too many times.
Sustain drives. Philbin might be playing some poker here.
You get in third and long in a WC offense. Creates big problems. You still have to have success running the football.
I laugh sometimes at the "throw every down" comments

Puts our defense back on the field too many times.
Sustain drives. Philbin might be playing some poker here.
You get in third and long in a WC offense. Creates big problems. You still have to have success running the football.
I laugh sometimes at the "throw every down" comments
I hope to see some cohesiveness on the right side of the offensive line in camp. Because no matter how much we may want to run or pass the football, we'll have little chance of doing both effectively if our line doesn't come together. Definitely an area of concern that needs to improve especially if we want consistent QB play, and not pressure every other down.

I'm probably in the minority here. But I strongly believe that since it's the fifth year of this building process. We have all the pieces in place to make a run in the playoffs.
Yeah but Ireland wasn't making all the calls at first. I'd also like to add that this is the first real infusion of young talent that can get maximized by solid coaching. It's still too early to tell, but we seriously have not had this good a draft in recent memory.

I'm unsure as to whether we can make a run in the playoffs. But I absolutely believe we can get there soley baised off of our schedule.

@HOU
OAK
NYJ
@ARZ
@CIN
STL
@NYJ
@IND
TENN
@BUF
SEA
NE
@SF
JAC
BUF
@NE

Now of course it's of the utmost importance that we win our division games. I'm not worried about the Bills or Jets, only NE is a real threat. So let's say we go 4-2 in the division. That leaves our inner conference games. Only the Texans and Bengals concern me. Let's say we lose both games and win against the rest of our AFC opponents. That's 4-2. Finally we have our NFC games which on the surface looks like cake. Only the 49ers scare me. Say we lose that one and chalk the rest up in the win column. That's 3-1. All together I've forecasted a solid record of 11-5. If we accomplish this as a team we will be in the playoffs with the possibility of a bye, then home game. Anything can happen after that. But when you get in those pivotal moments, the emphasis on great QB play becomes paramount. That'll ultimately be the determining factor on the level of success we can achieve.

I wanna know what your expectations are? Who you think will surprise? And who you think will disappoint?Have at it!

Surprises: R.Wallace, C.Clay, J.Wilson, R.Marshall

Disappointments: J.Jerry, J.Martin, L.Murtha, M.Egnew, S.Smith

There are just gut feelings...

Back
Top Bottom