Official Tua is NOT the guy Thread? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Official Tua is NOT the guy Thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yea because *most fans of the team are ready to throw the highly drafted QB under the bus after 10 starts TOTAL...Oh....and he has a winning record over those starts
And I agree some are ready to crown him before he proves anything.

Mods doing a great job regulating the forum and keep that nonsense at bay...

Last edited:
For the record, I was not pointing to you as one that does that. I was making a general comment about the tenor of the posts on this board.
i know.

since you explained your point, i wanted to state i haven't advocated dumping a player one year into their career, lol.

That's fair. I understand there is a big divide of posters here on Tua.

You guys may not have noticed but we merged all the Tua is great stuff into one thread back in the summer

He's our QB so just coming here to poop on him is trolling however if you make a good case why we should move on it will not be moved

A lot of posters on this site are ready to cut bait with both Jackson and Igbinoghene but they tend to give Tua the benefit of the doubt with his play. If you are going to play the game, the rules apply to all players equally.

No. No they do not. You don't spend that kind of draft capital on a talent like Tua only to cut bait in less than a full season of games. To do so would require, at least, a solid explanation for what it is that has changed in your evaluation of him that you couldn't assess prior to his selection. It's highly irregular for someone drafted that high to not even be good enough to play? You can't tank all over again looking for another top 5 selection, so now what?

Basically, to cut bait with Tua should cost Grier his job unless he can explain what it is that went differently from his assessment. I can't say whether Grier is a good GM or not except that it appears that the rest of the team building is going successfully, so there sits Tua. What happened?

Guys by the way if you make a good case with facts and someone calls you a troll please report it and I will be happy to delete their post

No. No they do not. You don't spend that kind of draft capital on a talent like Tua only to cut bait in less than a full season of games. To do so would require, at least, a solid explanation for what it is that has changed in your evaluation of him that you couldn't assess prior to his selection. It's highly irregular for someone drafted that high to not even be good enough to play? You can't tank all over again looking for another top 5 selection, so now what?

Basically, to cut bait with Tua should cost Grier his job unless he can explain what it is that went differently from his assessment. I can't say whether Grier is a good GM or not except that it appears that the rest of the team building is going successfully, so there sits Tua. What happened?
Your argument is not very strong. All three players are first round draft picks playing in their second years and, some would say, they all play some of the most difficult positions on the field. Two of the three were drafted at a pretty young age (and one was still recovering from donating bone marrow to his sister) and the common sentiment about them was that they would need some seasoning to reach their potential. The third was coming off a major injury and was not expected to play much, it at all, in his rookie season.
My point is that all three of the 2020 first round draft picks should be given at least until the end of the 2021 season (their second years) until any reasonable judgement can be made about whether they are cornerstones of the franchise or if the team needs to spend additional draft capital or free agent dollars on looking for upgrades. Patience is sometimes difficult but with a young team like the Dolphins it is needed. We have seen one game in 2021 and there was some good to build on and also some bad that needs to be corrected.

We are not doing that here brother Loco

Everyone can state why they don't want Tua and please do not just go after them without some facts to back it up.

1631558366243.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom