Official Tua is NOT the guy Thread? | Page 45 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Official Tua is NOT the guy Thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tua is a one read quarterback with a below average arm and mediocre athleticism. Reminds me of a smaller and slower Jay Fiedler.

I would say It is going to take at least until Tua's 318th pass attempt to make a clear, precise scouting evaluation. That's how the best evaluators cut their losses and move on from guys who aren't quite up to par.

You know. Guys like Drew Brees, Joe Montana, Josh Allen, Peyton Manning, Matt Stafford, John Elway, Brett Favre, etc

I hope Tua plays better. I think this is a make or break year for him. It's because now in the NFL you have rookies balling out at the QB position. It isn't unreasonable to expect that from Tua. Being the number 5 over pick comes with expectations.

I hope Tua plays better. I think this is a make or break year for him. It's because now in the NFL you have rookies balling out at the QB position. It isn't unreasonable to expect that from Tua. Being the number 5 over pick comes with expectations.

5th pick with Herbert being 6th and also could have drafted Mac or Hurts. Hurts is even looking better than Tua.

Tua was drafted is a spot where QBs should be NFL ready. He still is not ready, he is a project.

I wish and hope he proves me wrong.

So you agree they will be in playoff contention?
Never disagreed. I just said you all pick and choose when the media is in your favor. I also don't disagree that it was a very nice win. However, that does not change my opinion on Tua's skillset. I was honest in my evaluation. I praised him for parts of his game. If this team does not make the playoffs and he continues to play just okay, Grier will be forced to make a decision to probably save his own job. You cannot miss on a QB, it sets you 3 years back and Grier has the bullets to go replace him. People can make the wins argument all day but as I said Jay Fiedler was 36-23 and actually guided us to our only playoff win in the last 20 years!!! Fact is we need to be a lot better going forward.

I argue with passion but if you read my assessments on Tua, I'm fair. I feel that he did some things very well the other day. I just think we miss out on a lot with him in there. With that said, there's nobody replacing him at the moment and I will continue to root for him to win games and hopefully get better. I will also continue to criticize because that's what we should do.

Or the same posters creating new profiles just for this thread.
Some are alternate screen names that were created in the past because of forum behaviour. Some are disgruntled guys from the past...nothing new.

I can recognize ones posting style from years in POFO...all good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom