Official UFC/MMA Thread..Spoiler Alert.. | Page 13 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Official UFC/MMA Thread..Spoiler Alert..

I was scratching my head at rampage, too. He sucks as a coach but, he is hands down the most hilarious character in the UFC. I do like Wes Simms though. He'll surprise people if they don't take him seriously...a la Frank Mir.

I still don't understand why MMA fans have such a hatred for Kimbo. He was billed on the internet as some ghetto criminal maniac and whatnot but, he is actually a pretty humble and honorable guy. Even on his internet fights, he helped his opponents up a couple of times after the fight. He has never claimed to be a great MMA fighter.

Just like many in the sport, he came from a particular background. Some come from boxing and wrestling, some from Muy Thai and BJJ, some from other sports. Well Kimbo's background is from Street Boxing and football (I think he was on the Fins practice squad at one point). Does his background really prepare him for high level MMA? Prolly not. But you can't tell me Abe Wagner deserves anymore credit than Kimbo for giving MMA a try.

Maybe we should create a TUF season 10 thread.

rampage's guy lost the next one too - although i think the other guy clearly won. we get to see kimbo and big country go at it next fight. should be good b/c nelson typically never takes it to the ground. gonna be a brawl.

i like kimbo. wathced those insane street brawls years back - and loved every second of it. he isn't a dick or anything - i don't get why people hate him either. he's not exactly what you call a well rounded MMA fighter but he'll continue to improve. he desperately needs a ground game and some solid conditioning. i'll be pulling for him next week.

kimbo got used tonight. dude needs to develop some semblance of a ground game or at least try to not get taken down. he doesn't even try once he's down there. he's too old to learn a decent ground game at this point. make chuck come in and teach you how to not get put on your back - he's got free time these days.

And yet they still are gonna find a way to bring him back apparently haha. Dana knows what the audience wants to see, hes not dumb.

This season is a waste of time. I can't see anybody on this season who could crack the top 10 heavies. Only thing worth watching is Rampage making an *** out of himself. Rashad would tool him, but I hear Rampage retired. Of course.

This season is a waste of time. I can't see anybody on this season who could crack the top 10 heavies. Only thing worth watching is Rampage making an *** out of himself. Rashad would tool him, but I hear Rampage retired. Of course.

i'm watching it for its entertainment value this year - and that's it. no way any of those chumps have a shot against lesnar - which i guess is ultimately the point. but who is, right? fedor is killing me.

rampage retired????? he's gonna talk all that **** and not even fight rashad after the season? you've got to be kidding me.

i'm watching it for its entertainment value this year - and that's it. no way any of those chumps have a shot against lesnar - which i guess is ultimately the point. but who is, right? fedor is killing me.

rampage retired????? he's gonna talk all that **** and not even fight rashad after the season? you've got to be kidding me.

Yeah, but the idea of the show isn't to find a contender for the title. It's to give the winner an entry-level position into the...uhh...league(for lack of a better word). Then again, I guess u could say that why even try if they never have a chance of winning the title.

Rampage is planning on retiring after the Evans fight. At least that's the way I understood it.

This season does suck. It sounds good because you have some familiar names, (Roy nelson, Wes Simms, Kimbo, Marcus Jones) but there are too many guys who look like they're trying something totally new for the first time. Hopefully it gets better in the second round.

Yeah, but the idea of the show isn't to find a contender for the title. It's to give the winner an entry-level position into the...uhh...league(for lack of a better word). Then again, I guess u could say that why even try if they never have a chance of winning the title.

Rampage is planning on retiring after the Evans fight. At least that's the way I understood it.

This season does suck. It sounds good because you have some familiar names, (Roy nelson, Wes Simms, Kimbo, Marcus Jones) but there are too many guys who look like they're trying something totally new for the first time. Hopefully it gets better in the second round.

at least he's gonna fight rashad - anything less would be inexcusable. he's gotta at least try to back up that mouth that never shuts. rashad's gonna hurt him - although i'm impartial on this one.

these giant clowns look like they've never fought before. they get winded after a minute - have sloppy hands - many have no ground game - it's just sad who they picked to be on this year. IMO nelson will just plow through everybody. but like i said - entertainment value. you hear marcus jones talking about how much he loved flowers last episode? that's exactly what i'm in it for.

i would like to see kimbo fight again and get matched up with someone with no ground game or who has pitiful take downs. been waiting to see him drop someone in MMA for what - 3 years now?

Do any of you guys ever watch other mma orgs like IFL and Dream?

i used to all the time - but gay *** brighthouse took away the HDNet channels - so now they aren't on TV anymore. i really liked watching joachim hansen and eddie alvarez fight - i think both could compete in the UFC.

I do like Wes Simms though. He'll surprise people if they don't take him seriously...a la Frank Mir.

Apparently I was right. He surprised me how sorry he was. I predict that the only win for Rampages team is going to be the guy that got caught whacking off in the shower.

Back
Top Bottom