Official UFC/MMA Thread..Spoiler Alert.. | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Official UFC/MMA Thread..Spoiler Alert..

not exciting in the least. hate seeing decisions in mma. the only one that really shocked me was davis getting beat - can't believe hardy got the best of him. velasquez didn't impress like he was supposed to - we'll see how he progresses. got decently drunk so i'll need to see the fights twice before a non drunk opinion can be formed.

can't believe with that card how many decisions there were. ****ty.

Yeah, that event was pretty bad...lets hope UFC 100 will be worth the hype

Good call on the Swick fight Bob. I guess I thought too much of Saunders' performance against lower level fighters.

Can't wait till july 11 im ordering ufc 100 i'm excited

I didn't bother ordering UFC 99, but from what I've read, some people feel that Silva got the best of Franklin. Any thoughts?

Also, sounds like Machida will fight Shogun for his first title defense. While this is a dream fight, I think they're rushing it a bit. D. White is getting greedy. The Evans/Rampage match isn't that exciting as a fight - more about the personalities and the season of TUF. A. Silva should kill Griffin, but it won't matter because A. Silva won't fight Machida. They should have Shogun beat Griffin before he gets his title shot; let Rampage fight Machida; let Evans fight someone else. That way, the winner of the Shogun/Griffin fight would get the winner of the Machida/Rampage fight. Unless Shogun actually beats Machida - I don't think he's ready yet - the LH division is going to be awkward for a while.

Personally i felt like Silva one, but it was to close for me to say either way. Silva used to be my favorite fighter, so i figured my love for him as a fighter made me think he won a close fight, he is just over the hill now. he showed unbelieveable heart in that fight, and every fight he fights in. he usually puts on a great showing.

Personally i felt like Silva one, but it was to close for me to say either way. Silva used to be my favorite fighter, so i figured my love for him as a fighter made me think he won a close fight, he is just over the hill now. he showed unbelieveable heart in that fight, and every fight he fights in. he usually puts on a great showing.

I, too, like and feel sorry for Silva. I was very excited to see him crush Jardine and hoped it would mark a comeback of sorts. I think Sherdog had Silva winning the fight.

i don't think Silva won, but it was a close fight. Franklin put him on his *** a couple times. I'd say he won a close round 1 and round 3. Wanderlei took round 2. But, it was close enough that I can see how people could make that distinction.

Decent show last night for free TV. Surprised Joe Daddy tooled Nate Diaz like that.

I read some people dissing Guida cause he 'lays and prays' but I think he's awesome. Dude's a little round hairball of energy.

Decent show last night for free TV. Surprised Joe Daddy tooled Nate Diaz like that.

I read some people dissing Guida cause he 'lays and prays' but I think he's awesome. Dude's a little round hairball of energy.

Yeah man, the Sanchez/Guida fight was pretty sick. Good fight. Its true though, that guy has some damn energy and a chin of a rock

That was an awsome fight. A lot of folks thought guida actually pulled it out. I can see how it could go either way. I here's the way I had it
Rd 1 Sanchez 10-9
Rd 2 Draw 10-10 or 9-9 however it goes.
Rd 3 Guida 10-9

A lot of people thought Sanchez got the 1st round 10-8, but I think Guida might have done enough to make you believe he was still in the fight, which he was. I could see how the second round could go either way because, though Guida was aggressive and somewhat effective from the top, Sanchez did bust him open with those elbows. Still, mad props to Guida for making it through that 1st round.

Just a couple of days until UFC 100!

What are your prediction guys?

I honestly don't like neither Lesnar or Mir but would like Lesnar to win. I hate Michael Bisping and hope Dan Henderson kicks his *** but the one I want to see win is Thiago Alves ( He's one of my fav. fighters).

Last edited by a moderator:
Bisping's Island

I found this pretty amusing.

[youtube]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/FKx6_K5MgxE&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/FKx6_K5MgxE&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]

I got Lesnar, Alves, and Henderson

I don't like Mir or Bisping. Both of those guys are arrogant as hell. I think Bisping will beat Hendo by split decision because he will rely on sound defense and won't take too many chances and won't make many mistakes. Bisping will do just enough to win the favor of the judges. It will be boring.

I think Brock will beat mir by referee stoppage due to strikes. He was owning Mir in the first fight before he got caught in that leg lock. Hopefully, with a little bit more experience under his belt, Lesnar will not get caught before he KOs Mir.

I'm one of those people that disses Guida.

But, to UFC 100:

I'm most excited about the GSP fight. He should beat Alves. He's a better striker and a better grappler, but Alves can finish, so he's a threat. If GSP wins, there's really no one else for him to fight at 170, and from what I hear, he WILL be fighting A. Silva. If there ever were a dream fight, that'd be up there.

Unless Henderson gets old really fast, he should murder Bisping. Henderson is the only person not named Anderson to beat Rich Franklin since December, 2003.

I don't know how to think of the Mir/Lesnar fight. Mir beat a very weakened Nogueira, but he looked pretty good. Brok beat a notably older (slower, less physically stable) Randy. So, they're both coming of strange wins - where they both looked pretty good. Also, we don't know to what extend Lensar's improved his submission defense - as he's not been tested in that area.

Back
Top Bottom