**Official World Cup 2014 Thread** | Page 11 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

**Official World Cup 2014 Thread**

Who will win the 2014 World Cup?

• Brazil

Votes: 6 31.6%
  • Argentina

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • Germany

• Spain

Votes: 4 21.1%
  • Uruguay

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • Colombia

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • France

• Italy

• England

• Netherlands

• United States

• Other (explain below)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
When a team can bring Ozil, Goetze and Schurle of the bench in a game, you know that is a loaded roster.

really tough to imagine we can't find a spot for Schürrle in the starting 11. he should be playing. Özil and Götze deserve to be on the bench. hopefully they can regain their form.

Hello sir, I would like to buy a Brazil soccer Jersey. Which one would you like?....we have player, goalkeeper or referee

I'm no fan of Sepp Blatter, but I agree with his comments about how diving really needs to be penalized more seriously.

You can't expect a ref running at high speed to make consistently accurate foul calls on crowds of players 50 yards away from him, and accomplished divers have taken advantage of this deficiency for decades. But with the ubiquity of HD video, we finally have something to combat it and implementing post-game video reviews with fines/suspensions for the offenders is imo, a no-brainer. It's a relatively simple fix, and it would go a long ways towards increasing the integrity/credibility of the sport.

When the Dutch are on. . . They are a top 5 team. United must be giddy watching RVP today. Bayern knows what Robben can do

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Couldn't be happier that Spain is getting romped at the moment. Still a lot of time left though.

Dutch can win this tournament if they play like this. RVP And Robben are 2 of the top 10 players in the world (on my list). Dangerous team.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Awesome game by the Dutch!!! It was a treat watching them play, very fluid passing with great first touches by the lesser known guys. Great tackling by the Dutch defense as well. We all know Robben and RVP can ball out but if the rest of the team plays like they did today to provide opportunities for that duo, watch out.

But on that 3rd goal (off the set piece) RVP went up in the air and had a lot of contact on Casillas.. Where is the consistency? In yesterdays game we saw the Croatian guy get called for the foul and there wasnt as much contact as this one by RVP.
What is the actual rule in regards to contact with the keeper when the ball is in the air?

Awesome game by the Dutch!!! It was a treat watching them play, very fluid passing with great first touches by the lesser known guys. Great tackling by the Dutch defense as well. We all know Robben and RVP can ball out but if the rest of the team plays like they did today to provide opportunities for that duo, watch out.

But on that 3rd goal (off the set piece) RVP went up in the air and had a lot of contact on Casillas.. Where is the consistency? In yesterdays game we saw the Croatian guy get called for the foul and there wasnt as much contact as this one by RVP.
What is the actual rule in regards to contact with the keeper when the ball is in the air?

There are no specific rules but in general the refs will do what they can to protect the keeper. That could of easily been called a foul on RVP.

But Casillas played like **** and he misplayed this ball as well so an RVP foul would of been a bailout for what was pretty poor goalkeeping by the hall of famer.

I'm cool with a no call there. It's more important to be consistent in your game over being consistent in every game. Different refs will call the game different. If you call a soft penalty in the box for one side it needs to be equal on the other side. That was a pretty weak azz penalty the ref gave Spain early in the game . . . so this kind of balanced that out.

Back
Top Bottom