• Netherlands

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • United States

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • Other (explain below)

Votes: 2 10.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Maybe I'm out of the loop here, but I find it kind of alarming that all of the talent the German squad has in the middle, Low is probably going to have to rely on old man Miroslav Klose to be his premier striker up front. Not saying Klose is a bad option, but you'd figure there would be some young budding early 20's star that was a glove fit striker up top for the Germans. I do realize they have guys like Reus, Mueller, Ozil, Schurle and Goetze but Klose and even Mario Gomez (who I don't really care for but is a for sure striker . . . but didn't make the team to injury) seem like better fits up top. I guess knowing Low he's going to do his best to fit Podolski in that mix as well (to be fair he normally performs at a higher level on the international level).

If the Germans take that "Bayern" approach and think 70% possession is going to get it done in this World Cup, they will exit earlier than expected. They need to put some balls in back of the net and take the pressure off Neuer and that back line.

just read Neuer might miss the world cup because of a shoulder injury. awesome

[video=youtube_share;FHEzQ1ysfEo]http://youtu.be/FHEzQ1ysfEo[/video]

That would be a terrible blow for the Germans. Hope that isn't the case, I hate seeing impactful players go out, weakening the chances for their team.

no strcutural damage to the shoulder, so Neuer will go. goalie wouldn't have been a trouble spot either way, but it's still nice to have the best goalkeeper in the world going and not at home watching

The only time I ever watch soccer. We owe Ghana. U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!

no strcutural damage to the shoulder, so Neuer will go. goalie wouldn't have been a trouble spot either way, but it's still nice to have the best goalkeeper in the world going and not at home watching

Greasy if I could hug ya I would. I try telling my friend this all the time. He disagrees and who does he say is a top 5 goalie? De Gea.... sad.

De Gea has been awesome for the last two years and at worst he isn't far from top 5

De Gea has been awesome for the last two years and at worst he isn't far from top 5

De Gea has not yet proven it to be top 10 imo. Too many others that deserve to be in that. But he is still very young and will most likely get there one day. Just not right now.

Best keeper in the premier league two years in a row. He is top 10 by miles. In a few years he will be top 1 nevermind top 10.

He had a nightmare first season and cost United the league, since then he has been an absolute baller and his short stopping reflex saves are just unreal.

To me it is debatable who is the top keep in the premier league. As for De Gea maybe I am biased because of his team, but I don't think De Gea will take the top spot in a few years. Does he have the potential? No doubt. Do I think he will become the best hopefully not while with United. But to each his own.

BoRTbvoIgAE1TsW-1.png:large

I'm also in the camp that believes not finding a spot for Donovan was a mistake. I just find it tough to believe you can't fit him on this 23 man squad. Even if it's not as a starter, but a guy who can give the team a spark in the 2nd half. His experience is a valuable asset. To say the decision was by inches is a poor statement as the intangibles of Donovan on this team overcome any "inches" in performance.

Klinsman over thought the decision to leave him off . . . if his fitness was good he needed to be on this team. Landon's a midfielder, he's a playmaker, he shouldn't of been in a pool of forwards.

This isn't a Brazil loaded team that can leave off a Kaka or a Ronaldinho . . . Landon is certainly one of the best 23 players. I have a gut feeling he gets sent down though.

Last edited by a moderator:
In pre World Cup action . . . . What a clutch ****ing header by Sergio Ramos for Real Madrid. What a game. Heading into Extra Time now.

8I don't see the fuss with old Donovan yea he is your name.... well maybe a lesser name than freddy adu. ... but you wouldn't want him either

At his best Donovan (a player I always liked) would have been a very average European league player and frankly he is now in his 30s and past his best? You didn't bring him. ... erm so what?

Move on, breed the next generation. England (not my team) had this issue with Beckham when the media demanded he was called up years after he should have been left to rot in his us semi retirement

I don't think "the United States mens national football team of America, America, Murcia soccer association of America" (or whatever you abbreviate it to these days... Most teams go with something like Wales or Italy) will go far with your group so it makes sense to look to the future. Don't get me wrong I'd like to see you do well but with that group.... your gunna need more than luck.

Who knows, maybe if you start calling yourselves America and ditch the daft abbreviations you might do well lol

Did edu make your team? my old room mate always watched a lot of rangers games and I always thought he looked like a complete plodder, even in a crap Scottish league. Altidore is another complete donkey but I suppose you might not be spoilt for choice upfront.

Dempsey is one yank I've always had a high regard for. I followed him from when he first arrived in England, really good player for Fulham who was always massively under appreciated probably due to being American, I used to say United should sign him as a decent squad player. It's a shame how things turned out for him at spurs.

If nothing else team U.S.A.M.N.S.T.O.A.A.Murica is spoilt for choice at keeper Guzan has been very decent for villa and Howard has always been a good player ever since United bought him from that new york team. Who is your starting keeper? I'd have Guzan, Howard is a far better player but he sucks when there is pressure. He would still be United keeper if he didn't drop a howler at the first sign of pressure. Shame, good keeper and he has had a really good career at a smaller team.

One Yankee I always liked was Jay DeMerit but he is probably about 40 by now lol I always used to sign him for smaller clubs in football manager. Good player.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom