Offseason 2007- BigTime Free agents | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Offseason 2007- BigTime Free agents

Which Free agent are we most likely to sign

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

InSabanWeTrust1

Section 238 row 6
Reaction score
Last offseason we signed a bunch of middle to low tier free agents to fill up depth in our secondary and linebacking core. We did not win the lavar arrington sweepstakes or Drew Brees forcing us to trade our valuable draft pics away.

This offseason how realistic do you fin fans think it is that we will be able to sign one of the following?

oline: eric steinbach- cincinatti, kris dielman- san diego (both are guards)

Cb: Nate Clements- Buffalo, Asanti Samuel- New England

LB: Adalius Thomas- Baltimore, Lance Briggs- Chicago

these are my BIG 6. All of them fill a major need and all are relatively young. If we can grab one of these top of the line free agents, we can adress positions that we are weak at and that are thin in this years free agent pool....DT (branch anyone), LT, WR. There are some decent de free agents in kerney, grant, and justin smith but honestly none are worth the big bucks they will be given this offseason.

-Some think Briggs will be franchised
-Nate Clements is gone and was promised this by the Buffalo organization after signing a 1 year deal last year
-Adalius Thomas also should be gone b/c the ravens already are paying big money to ed reed, ray lewis, and soon to terrel suggs. they think he is a product of their system.
-samuel is a question mark, you never know with the pats.
-we have a pretty good shot of landing dielman over steinbach.

SO What do you guys think? Will we finally pick up our family jewels and sign a big name free agent that fills a major need or are we going to continue to sign crappy middle tier players that will force us to fire saban in a couple years?? You make the call

Don't get me wrong, I would love to get A. Samuel, but I believe our secondary is small enough as it is. We need some size back there.

EDIT: Didnt see the poll initially. Voted for Briggs

A.Thomas hands down

Edit: I didn't read the question, Thomas is who I want but it's not gonna happen

something like 90% off all pro-bowlers achieve that distinction with the team that originally drafted them...

Culpepper likes to hold on to the ball and let plays develop, not to mention that keeping him off the turf may be the best way to keep the guy healthy(if he ever gets there). The Oline, as much as they've come along, should be first and foremost on the upgrade list.

I would get A. Thomas hands down. They also said Adewale was a product of being across from jason taylor, but he has faired well in chicago. He would be with zach and channing anywayz so he still has good players around him. I would like to get an o lineman though... but i was hoping more for a left tackle than a guard.

I certainly wouldn't mind if we got Adalius Thomas...

...but I would be all over Dielman like white on rice if the Chargers didn't manage to get him back in the fold. He's like the next Brian Waters.

He learned as a backup under Hudson Houck, became a very good starter in 2005, and has been awesome this year.

I think what we really need is to reunite Hadnot and Carey at RG & RT, we need to get a Dielman to play LG, and we need to find a C and LT. We may even consider bringing back McKinney at C...he did alright in 2005. I know he's as exciting as a french art film but he gets the job done there and he's cheap.

And LT is a conundrum that I'll never know how to answer. To draft or not to draft. Oh the dilemma.

Last offseason we signed a bunch of middle to low tier free agents to fill up depth in our secondary and linebacking core. We did not win the lavar arrington sweepstakes or Drew Brees forcing us to trade our valuable draft pics away.

This offseason how realistic do you fin fans think it is that we will be able to sign one of the following?

oline: eric steinbach- cincinatti, kris dielman- san diego (both are guards)

Cb: Nate Clements- Buffalo, Asanti Samuel- New England

LB: Adalius Thomas- Baltimore, Lance Briggs- Chicago

these are my BIG 6. All of them fill a major need and all are relatively young. If we can grab one of these top of the line free agents, we can adress positions that we are weak at and that are thin in this years free agent pool....DT (branch anyone), LT, WR. There are some decent de free agents in kerney, grant, and justin smith but honestly none are worth the big bucks they will be given this offseason.

-Some think Briggs will be franchised
-Nate Clements is gone and was promised this by the Buffalo organization after signing a 1 year deal last year
-Adalius Thomas also should be gone b/c the ravens already are paying big money to ed reed, ray lewis, and soon to terrel suggs. they think he is a product of their system.
-samuel is a question mark, you never know with the pats.
-we have a pretty good shot of landing dielman over steinbach.

SO What do you guys think? Will we finally pick up our family jewels and sign a big name free agent that fills a major need or are we going to continue to sign crappy middle tier players that will force us to fire saban in a couple years?? You make the call

Dielman fits in our OL

I know a flashy LB would look good, but (IMO) we simply have too many big holes elsewhere to spend limited FA $$$ on a LB. Zach is still good, Crowder is young an improving, and Spragan is average. I think that's plenty good (can't have stars at every position).

OL, WR (is anyone fast available there?) are bigger needs. CB maybe, if we can get a real shut down CB. Allen, Daniels, and Goodman are all solid. Plus we just drafted Jason Allen (S/CB), and Bell and Hill are pretty good.

nate clements or A. Samuel. our corners suck at making plays on the ball and getting interceptions, i mean, a DEFENSIVE END is tied for the team lead in ints. (JT has 2 and so does hill) that is pathetic for an nfl team.

our OL is the biggest need, Dielman

do the Bolts have any other big FA's?, what are the odds that Dielman gets tagged?

Let Jeno James go and see what the market is for Dielman. If it's too much re-sign James and look for a center so Hadnot can go back to RG where he seems most effective. L.J. Shelton is a good fit at RG but he's expensive.

Nate Clements would be great. Asante Samuel also. If we draft at about the #10 spot grab the best OLB/DE (Woodley, or ILB/OLB Willis) available or if there is a top LT (Levi Brown, Sam Baker) available grab him. If we didn't upgrade our CBs in FA Darrelle Revis or Marcus McCauley would be nice additions as would NT Alan Branch.

Back
Top Bottom