Offseason/draft | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Offseason/draft

WTF are you going on about man ? Call it something other than Tanking then as you obviously has some kind of moronic issue with the term, but we've intentionally gutted this team, we have never had any desire or aspirations of putting together a roster that could have a winning season. Even if they are now playing hard, they've still got zero chance of making the playoffs or winning more than 5 games at best. They've stated this to the fan base and asked them for patience and understanding that this season is not about winning. We've intentionally done this to this team and the fan base, and for what ? Folks on here want to draft a DE !

Don't know where you stand on tanking, but props for not spewing the 'zero win' nonsense. If Miami can get the QB they want with the 2nd pick, intelligent people would take a DE with the 1st

Don't know where you stand on tanking, but props for not spewing the 'zero win' nonsense. If Miami can get the QB they want with the 2nd pick, intelligent people would take a DE with the 1st
This isn't something that we have control over, which is why you take the QB with the first pick, obviously. There's no reason to gamble.

What tanking, bro?

Guys playing hard tanking?

Better schemes being implemented tanking?

The old man with a better chance to win under center instead of the young buck tanking?

So please tell me where the tanking is, my guy. Go ahead. Can't wait.
How do you manage to go through an entire offseason and still don't understand this?

Tanking DOES NOT COME FROM THE PLAYERS OR THE COACHES. It comes from the front office. This is why everybody knew going into this season we were going to be reeeeally bad, and we're sitting here at the halfway point 1-7 which is reeeeeally bad.

No..no, there will be no waste of picks to move up for one player, moving down to aquire more pick, maybe, but with all the talent in this coming draft, moving up, and losing picks is not a very good plan.

Lol, moving up is the mentality of half the Dolphin fans. It’s a horrible idea!

How do you manage to go through an entire offseason and still don't understand this?

Tanking DOES NOT COME FROM THE PLAYERS OR THE COACHES. It comes from the front office. This is why everybody knew going into this season we were going to be reeeeally bad, and we're sitting here at the halfway point 1-7 which is reeeeeally bad.

Correct. The front office have made and are making moves for the future. That is not tanking.

How many years did Ross say, even if it takes 5 I think is what he said. Prepaing for the future is not
tanking.

Cleaning the books is not tanking.

Acquiring draft picks is not tanking.

Do you really think a GM wouldn't field a good team if he could do so while building for the future?

This is going to be a marathon, not a sprint.

And are you watching games? The least penalty having team in the league is getting better and playing harder with each passing Sunday so, as of THIS moment, it looks like the coaching hires are on point.

How many picks do we have? It looks like we've been given a surplus of opportunity to be on point.

How much cap space do we next year? Looks like free agency will be on point.

Seems like we can trust the process.

We fielded the best team we could having made such moves.

Please, please tell me why Ross and Grier haven't pulled Flores aside and told him that we need to start Rosen.

Why hasn't Flores started Rosen knowing damn well whats at stake if Fitz continues balling?

Do you actually think that Ross and Grier would've not been elated if this team was making a wildcard push? You think they'd have been whining well, there goes Tua. No.

We're bad. The offseason moves made us bad. But there is no way in hell Ross and Grier crossed there fingers hoping we would join the elite 5 at 0-16. No way you can say that to me and me not laugh in your face.

Correct. The front office have made and are making moves for the future. That is not tanking.

How many years did Ross say, even if it takes 5 I think is what he said. Prepaing for the future is not
tanking.

Cleaning the books is not tanking.

Acquiring draft picks is not tanking.

Do you really think a GM wouldn't field a good team if he could do so while building for the future?

This is going to be a marathon, not a sprint.

And are you watching games? The least penalty having team in the league is getting better and playing harder with each passing Sunday so, as of THIS moment, it looks like the coaching hires are on point.

How many picks do we have? It looks like we've been given a surplus of opportunity to be on point.

How much cap space do we next year? Looks like free agency will be on point.

Seems like we can trust the process.

We fielded the best team we could having made such moves.

Please, please tell me why Ross and Grier haven't pulled Flores aside and told him that we need to start Rosen.

Why hasn't Flores started Rosen knowing damn well whats at stake if Fitz continues balling?

Do you actually think that Ross and Grier would've not been elated if this team was making a wildcard push? You think they'd have been whining well, there goes Tua. No.

We're bad. The offseason moves made us bad. But there is no way in hell Ross and Grier crossed there fingers hoping we would join the elite 5 at 0-16. No way you can say that to me and me not laugh in your face.
You can continue the good fight arguing against semantics, but what you're arguing IS tanking and has applied to multiple other teams in multiple other sports in the same exact way. All of those scenarios were tanking, just like this one is.

If "rebuilding" makes you feel better, go for it.

You can continue the good fight arguing against semantics, but what you're arguing IS tanking and has applied to multiple other teams in multiple other sports in the same exact way. All of those scenarios were tanking, just like this one is.

If tanking makes you feel better, go for it.

No team, front office or owner wants to go 0-16. Its that simple.

By the way, you still haven't answered my Fitzpatrick question. But why would you? It doesn't help your perspective.

Semantics, shemantics. Answer the question.

No trading up unless it's something minor in the later rounds to move up a few spots to grab a much-desired prospect.

Trading down could be good however if we can acquire several more picks in the lower rounds.

But as I've been saying on here for a while, if we have the number one pick and they have a qb they consider head and shoulders above the rest then take him. But if we have #2 or so then take Chase Young and double down and take 2 qbs, the first with out next #1 and then maybe in the 2nd or 3rd giving us two high chances of hitting on a franchise qb. Almost all of the truly elite qbs, now and in the past, weren't drafted anywhere near the first pick of the draft.

By the way, you still haven't answered my Fitzpatrick question. But why would you? It doesn't help your perspective.

Semantics, shemantics. Answer the question.
I literally said a few posts up that tanking comes from the GM, not the coach, so you ask me why Fitz is starting over Rosen?

Hello?

Last edited by a moderator:
Draft: The picks is where i think the team will finish, IMO 2-14
#2 Chase young: he fills a big need as a dominant pass rusher and will be a BIG step up from Avery moss and Davon goodchax and he could possibly be the next big thing.
#9 Joe burrow: IMO he is the best qb in the draft and is very talented and he will be a great addition to the team.
#24 Tyler biadasz: he is definitely the best center in the draft and is a lot better then Daniel killgore and were in need of new OL
#34 Xavier mckinney: he is a very good FS out of Alabama and could be a very good addition to the team.[2nd round pick]

Offseason: The bigger name players

Anthony castononzo, OL 3yr 30 million: He would be a huge addition to the team especially since we our rebuilding the OL
Bryon jones, CB 3yr 39 million: if we have two shutdown corners and maybe draft a corner our secondary will be at the top after adding a few play
Phillip dorsett, wr 2yr 14 million: we need another wr to go with Parker and Preston he could be very useful and maybe add another wr in the draft
Karl joesph, SS 4yr 28 million: he didn't have the best career in Oakland but i think if we give him a shot he could be the player he was supposed to be
Kyle van Noy, 3yr 24 million: we need another LB he could definitely be a big role in our 3-4D
Jack conklin, 3yr 21 million: we will be able to get him on a cheaper deal since he isn't having the best year but he could be a B RT
Two players in free agency I would look to add is Justin Simmons and Joe Schobert..

The sad part is the Phins have been slated in the media for 'tanking'. Our team are not even the worst I'd put Redskins, Bengals and Jets below us. Positives are the team is juiced for draft picks and they are not even the worst which is a positive.

This isn't something that we have control over, which is why you take the QB with the first pick, obviously. There's no reason to gamble.

Depends ds on who, if any, the QB is. Depends on if the 2nd pick comes by trade up. 2nd pick doesn't have to be any more of a gamble than the 1st pick in spite of some thinking it's a guarantee

Depends ds on who, if any, the QB is. Depends on if the 2nd pick comes by trade up. 2nd pick doesn't have to be any more of a gamble than the 1st pick in spite of some thinking it's a guarantee
Nobody said it's a guarantee, but it's inarguable that the higher you get in the draft, the more chance you've got for the player to turn out to be good. And if I'm hoping that a player turns out to be good at the top of the draft, it damn well better be a QB that it happens for.

I literally said a few posts up that tanking comes from the GM, not the coach, so you ask me why Fitz is starting over Rosen?

Hello?

Did you not read where I asked why word hasn't come from up high?

Grier hired Flores. Ross owns the team (you do know that right or should I type in bold). They could easily intervene. But they don't want to step on Flores' toes. If it was a true tank, they would.

So, again but more specifically, why is Ross and Grier allowing Fitz to start?

You're mad because you're wrong. As soon as one starts throwing insults, it's a give away. Gordie used moronic and you disability. Online tough.

The irony is that flinging insults is moronic and a disabilitiy of not being able to articulate.

My response to Gordie had insults because he oppened that door. I shouldn't have done so. The result was me sinking to his level. And I'm not going to do so with you.

BTW, my mom was in a major car accident. She has 8 screws in her ankle and she is disabled. Shes lucky she can walk. The officer told her if she wasn't driving a Suburban, she would have been killed. True story.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom