Offseason MLB rumors | Page 47 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Offseason MLB rumors

Motion said:
Hmmmm........AROD?

There was a Joe Crede, Mark Buherle, and Freddy Garcia for AROD rumor floating around.

Didn't think much of it. Didn't even bother to post a link to it here on the site.

Maybe NY did a change of heart. With the CUBS stealing headlines in Chicago, it would be a way for the White Sox to get some pub in that city and draw fans away from Wrigly.

Who knows!

mjwenz said:
$36 million for Julio Lugo is OVERBOARD, funny thing is, the Mets offered even more money for him. But, he didn't want to play second base. :lol:

Stupid Red Sox.

If it was last year I'd agree that 36 million is overboard for 4 years however when guys like Gary MAtthews Jr is making 10, and Carlos Lee is making 17, Lugo's contract isn't that bad. Drew's contract worries me more.

Ray Finkle said:
If it was last year I'd agree that 36 million is overboard for 4 years however when guys like Gary MAtthews Jr is making 10, and Carlos Lee is making 17, Lugo's contract isn't that bad. Drew's contract worries me more.

Yeah everyone is getting overpaid this year.

And truthfully I have no problem with teams overpaying guys, hell if you have the money you may as well spend it, although some guys obviously arent worth overpaying for, and Drew is one of them

FinsNYanksFan13 said:
70 million......DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMN. And Johnny Damon one of the hearts of the team wasn't worth 48 LMAO!

And THAT is why every meaningful player who leaves that franchise leaves pissed off and hating them for a long period of time if not forever. They treat their own like garbage!!!

Boggs, Clemans, Damon, Pedro.....etc

MikeO said:
There was a Joe Crede, Mark Buherle, and Freddy Garcia for AROD rumor floating around.

Didn't think much of it. Didn't even bother to post a link to it here on the site.

Maybe NY did a change of heart. With the CUBS stealing headlines in Chicago, it would be a way for the White Sox to get some pub in that city and draw fans away from Wrigly.

Who knows!

The Yankees need to keep A-Rod and stay out of this ridiculous market. Aside from getting Pettitte, I'm content with going into next season with what we got. Call me crazy but I am!

MikeO said:
And THAT is why every meaningful player who leaves that franchise leaves pissed off and hating them for a long period of time if not forever. They treat their own like garbage!!!

Boggs, Clemans, Damon, Pedro.....etc

Clemens had a beef with the GM. Pedro was pissed because the Sox wouldn't give him 4 years, and could you blame them? Damon left for more money. A lot of guys when they left a team get pissed, it's human nature.

For all the guys that left on bad terms there are players like Bronson Arroyo (who pretty much got screwed), Trot Nixon, Derek Lowe, Gabe Kapler, Kevin Millar, Bill Mueller, Doug Mirabelli etc who wish they were still part of the team and never wanted to leave.

Alex44 said:
Yeah everyone is getting overpaid this year.

And truthfully I have no problem with teams overpaying guys, hell if you have the money you may as well spend it, although some guys obviously arent worth overpaying for, and Drew is one of them

The market is too out of control though. The contracts getting offered and signed are insane.

Ray Finkle said:
Clemens had a beef with the GM. Pedro was pissed because the Sox wouldn't give him 4 years, and could you blame them? Damon left for more money. A lot of guys when they left a team get pissed, it's human nature.

For all the guys that left on bad terms there are players like Bronson Arroyo (who pretty much got screwed), Trot Nixon, Derek Lowe, Gabe Kapler, Kevin Millar, Bill Mueller, Doug Mirabelli etc who wish they were still part of the team and never wanted to leave.

Especially if you really like the team you are on, and you feel like they wont give you what you deserve after playing hard for them every game. (Not saying thats the case with any Sox except maybe Pedro, just sort of going into the human nature thing)

Although what the club thinks your worth and what you think you deserve are different 95% of the time....in the end its all business and someone will always be unhappy.

So reportedly the White Sox are going to have Brandon McCarthy in triple-a if they can not move one of their starting pitchers.

Although the sox probably overspent, i am really liking their lineup and rotation(considering they say Matsuzaka). They just need to add a few bullpen arms and i think it looks good, however if they do end up trading Ramirez (which i think it was Rob Neyer said is about a 60% chance) then its up in the air. Although their lineup right now is very strong.

Crisp
Lugo
Ortiz
Manny
Drew
Lowell
Youkilis
Varitek
Pedoria

Schilling
Beckett
Matsazuka
Papelbon
Wakefield

Alex44 said:
Especially if you really like the team you are on, and you feel like they wont give you what you deserve after playing hard for them every game. (Not saying thats the case with any Sox except maybe Pedro, just sort of going into the human nature thing)

Although what the club thinks your worth and what you think you deserve are different 95% of the time....in the end its all business and someone will always be unhappy.

Exactly. Pedro is a very sensitive guy. He was hurt that Schilling got all the glory. He wanted to stay in Boston but wanted more money than Schilling and 4 years. I love, LOVE Pedro but that's insane. Everyone knew his arm was going to fall off.

Clemens was terrible the last 2 years in Boston, the GM called him out on it and Clemens got pissed. The Sox tried to resign him but Clemens said he wanted to go closer to home (ended up in Canada somehow). He proved the Sox GM wrong that's for sure, but they were worried he was be the lazy fat guy he was the last 2 years.

djfresh47 said:
So reportedly the White Sox are going to have Brandon McCarthy in triple-a if they can not move one of their starting pitchers.

Just using it as leverage. One of the starters will be traded by Opening Day.

I heard something about the Blue Jays offering Ted Lilly $40 million over 4 years and Lilly's agent called it "competative".

If giving Lilly $10 million per is "competative", what the hell is Zito going to get?

unifiedtheory said:
I heard something about the Blue Jays offering Ted Lilly $40 million over 4 years and Lilly's agent called it "competative".

If giving Lilly $10 million per is "competative", what the hell is Zito going to get?

Zito will probably get between 15-17 million a year. Everyone on espn.com was predicting either a 5 year deal worth about 65-70 or a 6 year deal worth abou 95-100

Back
Top Bottom