Offseason Moves/Draft | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Offseason Moves/Draft

dolfan121

WE SHALL OVERCOME!
Reaction score
Well I thought I would throw in my 2 cents worth:

#1- Fire MM promote Jason Garrett to OC. Jon Gruden called Garrett one of the smartest players he's even been around. He was also here last year with Linehan.
#2- Resign Holliday,D. Bowens, Wes Welker,Hill, re-structure Carter's contract. Trade Harrington, if no takers cut at best time to save cap room. This means go into '07 with C-Pep #1 and Lemon #2.
#3- Sign OLB Adalius Thomas (UFA-Ravens)-would fit perfect in our 3-4
#4- Sign LT Leonard Davis (UFA-Cardinals)- this guy is huge and I think Houck could turn this guy around!
#4a-If Davis can't be signed Eric Steibach (UFA-Bengals)- good pass blocker that could help solidify the left side.
Draft:
#1- Paul Posluszny LB (Penn State) This could easily be Zach's protege, but could play outside until that day is here!
#2- Joe Staley LT (Central Michigan) very strong, could get even better at the next level!
#2a- If we sign UFA Davis, would love to see Jeff Samardziga WR (ND), this guy has a nack to the big play and has GREAT hands, something we have been lacking this year.
#3- Tom Zbikowski S (ND) this guy can plain hit. He has John Lynch written all over him. He and Jason Allen could make a great FS/SS combo for years to come. He can also return punts!!
#4- Drew Stanton QB (Michigan St.) well here you go QB lovers, this guy can be great or a career back-up, but his potential is there!!!
#6- Stanley Daughty DT (South Carolina) Saban loves the SEC and this guy is big @ 330 and can stuff the middle!!
#7- Best Available Def Skills Position (CB,S,LB) looking for special teams contributor!!!

Well obviously, not all these players may be available, but I would like us to take Posluszny at 9, because I think he will be there and he is the most solid tackiling LB in this draft, 103 tackles going into the Outback Bowl.

Well gents and gems, feel gree to fire away, but please, keep it friendly!!!
:dolphins:

#4- Sign LT Leonard Davis (UFA-Cardinals)- this guy is huge and I think Houck could turn this guy around!
#4a-If Davis can't be signed Eric Steibach (UFA-Bengals)- good pass blocker that could help solidify the left side.
Draft:
#1- Paul Posluszny LB (Penn State) This could easily be Zach's protege, but could play outside until that day is here!

All those free agents are going to be demanding money we simply dont have. and as for your pick, Poz would be an absolute reach at #9. Poz right now is looking between pick 20-30. I'll agree with the pick for a LB though, because Pat Willis would be an amazing pick if hes somehow still on the board.

I like your later round picks though. If Samardzja's there, that'd be great, and he just might be.

Nice moves...I would also send Olindo Mare packing....he had a nice game yesterday, but has been way too inconsistent....anyway can kick field goals when there is nothing on the line.

Nice moves...I would also send Olindo Mare packing....he had a nice game yesterday, but has been way too inconsistent....anyway can kick field goals when there is nothing on the line.
I agree, the one thing I still like about Mare is his kick off strength, he led the NFL in touchbacks, thats a good weapon!!
Would take him back, if he takes a paycut!!

All those free agents are going to be demanding money we simply dont have. and as for your pick, Poz would be an absolute reach at #9. Poz right now is looking between pick 20-30. I'll agree with the pick for a LB though, because Pat Willis would be an amazing pick if hes somehow still on the board.

I like your later round picks though. If Samardzja's there, that'd be great, and he just might be.
Well we will have about 19-22 million under cap, and as far as Poz, I've yet to see a mock where his has went lower than 17. But this guy just reminds me more a ZT than any player I watch!!

How about trading Ricky and Joey to the Raiders for Micheal Huff,
Sign Nate Clemments or Adalieus Thomas.
I know we won't be able to sign all the marquis free agents, but please at least one top notch guy that will be a fixture for years.
Draft Best OT or WR in first round.
Find a water bug RB ala Maurice Jones Drew,
Keep our current QB's, change the coordinator.

Well I thought I would throw in my 2 cents worth:

#1- Fire MM promote Jason Garrett to OC. Jon Gruden called Garrett one of the smartest players he's even been around. He was also here last year with Linehan.
#2- Resign Holliday,D. Bowens, Wes Welker,Hill, re-structure Carter's contract. Trade Harrington, if no takers cut at best time to save cap room. This means go into '07 with C-Pep #1 and Lemon #2.
Draft:
#2- Joe Staley LT (Central Michigan) very strong, could get even better at the next level!
#2a- If we sign UFA Davis, would love to see Jeff Samardziga WR (ND), this guy has a nack to the big play and has GREAT hands, something we have been lacking this year.
#3- Tom Zbikowski S (ND) this guy can plain hit. He has John Lynch written all over him. He and Jason Allen could make a great FS/SS combo for years to come. He can also return punts!!
#4- Drew Stanton QB (Michigan St.) well here you go QB lovers, this guy can be great or a career back-up, but his potential is there!!!
#6- Stanley Daughty DT (South Carolina) Saban loves the SEC and this guy is big @ 330 and can stuff the middle!!
#7- Best Available Def Skills Position (CB,S,LB) looking for special teams contributor!!!

Well obviously, not all these players may be available, but I would like us to take Posluszny at 9, because I think he will be there and he is the most solid tackiling LB in this draft, 103 tackles going into the Outback Bowl.

Well gents and gems, feel gree to fire away, but please, keep it friendly!!!
:dolphins:

I would LOVE to see our offseason work out like this, although I beleive that the 49ers have the best shot at signing Adalius Thomas since Mike Nolan coached him at Baltimore. Lance Briggs is another possibility through free agency, but he too will command BIG money.

As for your draft, if we could come away with Posluszny, Samardzija, Zbikowski and Stanton, I think that would be an OUTSTANDING draft. The first three could see immediate playing time and Drew Stanton has a HUGE upside.

Great job!

Back
Top Bottom