*Offseason Position Grades* | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

*Offseason Position Grades*

Reaction score
*Offseason Position Grades Defense*

Grades for how we did in the Offseason at each position A,B,C,D,E,and,F

FS- A - Freeman was like an old rookie, had a decent year, but nothing to be excited about, personally, I CANNOT wait to see Bell out there ripping heads off, Meeuswen is a better FS than Freeman IMO, and Tillman is about the same talent level (A good 3rd FS, wouldent be surprised to see Bigby make it over him on the 53 man roster)

SS- D - Knight was a very very solid SS IMO, got a bad rap b/ he was to slow? Just look at Rodney Harrison, he isint fast last time I checked. I thought we got rid of him to get a younger faster SS, but we go out and sign the 30 year old Tebucky Jones, who had a bad year last year in NO. Would much rather have Knight here than Jones.

CB- C - Madison is past his peak and will have an OK year, Poole is exciting, what a steal in last years draft, am looking forward to seeing him this year. Howard will be lucky to make the roster if he plays like he did last year, Edwards was HORRIFIC when he was w/ Dallas, (My buddy is a Dallas Fan :barf: , and I could remember how many penalties this guy had, it was amazing how many he had, it really was, anyways I think Daniels will make a great 2nd CB, and mabey take Madisons spot in the future. Dont forget about Roundtree, I think if he has anything, he will be able to beat out Howard and/or Edwards for their jobs.

LB- A - The list goes on and on and on and on, OLB- We lost Greenwood but picked up Crowder who is 3 times as good as him and will make 3 times as less as him :lol: , Not to mention Crowder is 21 :eek: , and Greenwood is 26 :cap:, Seau will do GREAT in a limited role, I dont know if he is young enough to do it all by himself. Moore has something to prove, now that we are moving to the 3-4 he could very well be seeing playing time. Turner if he makes the roster will have to edge some ppl out to even have a chance to play w/ our long list of LB's. Spragan will see some nice playin time, and if injuries occour, wouldent be surprised to see him start a game or 2. ILB- We have Zach (End of story) and Pope who can still prove himself worththy, also we have Crowder here. All in all we have to have on of the strongest LB corpse in the LEAGUE, hands down.

Okay, your over-rating the free safeties we have right now. We have never got to see Bell play, all we know is he does well in practice and gets hurt. Meeuswen is great? What? Tillman was a starter on a superbowl team, I don't think he gets cut.

Knight was solid, but thats it. His speed really really hindered him and he took horrible angles at the ball carrier. Tebucky had 100 tackles last year and is a burner, I like that exchange.

I doubt Daniels is a 2nd CB this year, theres gonna be good competition for that spot.

The young linebackers shouldn't be expected to be stars right away. I'm not expecting too much out of them this year, even though I'll be hoping for it.

Oh- We are NOT moving to a 3-4. http://www.phins.com/articles05/3-4defense.php

Tebucy led their team in tackles I believe. If that is horrible, sign me up to play in the NFL and I will play that bad. He's not great, but he is at least equivalent to "No-show Knight"

Your FS grade and SS grade would be better off swaped.

Jimi said:
Your FS grade and SS grade would be better off swaped.
Yes, I would have to agree. I felt Knight deserved more credit than people gave him, I think Jones is a pretty solid Veteran I would give SS a C. Our FS's on the other hand are young, unprovened, and inexperienced. We haven't made any significant upgrades at FS at all and I would give that grade a D. Everything else seems to be in order. (I'm agreeing with you Jimi, but just comment to the guy who posted this. Haha, sorry I made that so confusing.)

saves said:
Okay, your over-rating the free safeties we have right now. We have never got to see Bell play, all we know is he does well in practice and gets hurt. Meeuswen is great? What? Tillman was a starter on a superbowl team, I don't think he gets cut.

Knight was solid, but thats it. His speed really really hindered him and he took horrible angles at the ball carrier. Tebucky had 100 tackles last year and is a burner, I like that exchange.

I doubt Daniels is a 2nd CB this year, theres gonna be good competition for that spot.

The young linebackers shouldn't be expected to be stars right away. I'm not expecting too much out of them this year, even though I'll be hoping for it.

Oh- We are NOT moving to a 3-4. http://www.phins.com/articles05/3-4defense.php

Huh? I didnt say that

In 2003 when Tillman was "Starting the superbowl", in the reg. season, He started 0 games, had 5 tackles, and the rest is zeros.

Why did we sign so many LB's and D-lineman then? "Not questioning your statement but I thought I heard somewhere Saban saying that he will be"

I am giving the grades according to what we had last year to what we have this year, yous really think that b/ we lost Freeman, FREEMAN, I should give our FS a D, I dont agree w/ that at all.

paskerbrandon said:
Huh? I didnt say that

In 2003 when Tillman was "Starting the superbowl", in the reg. season, He started 0 games, had 5 tackles, and the rest is zeros.

Why did we sign so many LB's and D-lineman then? "Not questioning your statement but I thought I heard somewhere Saban saying that he will be"

Sorry, I misquoted you on the Meeuswen thing, but how is he better than Freeman?
Tillman you got me, I must have mistaken him for someone else.

We signed LB's and D-Lineman because Saban likes the versitility they can bring to our defense. The 3-4 4-3 defense thing has been beaten to death, we will be a base 4-3 team, but will have the versatility to show different looks to keep our defense dynamic.

knight is great run support safety but has lost a step in coverage.....bell has to play to his potential......daniels could be worked at cb and if he doesnt pick it up then moved to safety.....as far as madison i believe he played better that surtain last year but still not the shut down corner he once was.....poole is guy i hope shines and howard makes to much to just suck so he better get his crap together or peace out.....edwards played well wth dallas as he was there only corner back a couple years ago and last year was not good in tampa but he gives us some depth..our front seven should be better and help the secondary with pressure

Knight and Jones are two entirely different safeties playing 2 entirely different system for 2 entirely different coaches.

Knight was brought in by wanny b/c prior to being brought in he had caused something like 26 TO's in the past 5 years which was among the league leaders at the time. then he came here and we mis-used him b/c what no one ever realized was that in N.O. when he was making plays he was near the line of scrimmage not back in coverage. His coverage skills were awful at best cause hes slow as all fudge.

Jones is faster and a lot more physical. He has better range as well. Hes a glorified LB with enough speed to make plays. We'll probably use him the way we should have used knight but never thought to. Jones is also much stronger vs the run and a more intimidating prescence than Knight ever was.

Also as far as Madison, hes still good enough to be a #1 CB; the only thing with him is recovery speed so we may have to give a lil more over the top help than in previous years if hes gonna be matched up on some dudes that really run.

As far as OLB; Morlon wouldnt have fit the scheme anyway. hes more of a coverage LB. Saban's bringing in guys who will have a physical impact, not JJ type LBs that are really just speed guys with little size.

paskerbrandon said:
Grades for how we did in the Offseason at each position A,B,C,D,E,and,F

FS- A - Freeman was like an old rookie, had a decent year, but nothing to be excited about, personally, I CANNOT wait to see Bell out there ripping heads off, Meeuswen is a better FS than Freeman IMO, and Tillman is about the same talent level (A good 3rd FS, wouldent be surprised to see Bigby make it over him on the 53 man roster)

SS- D - Knight was a very very solid SS IMO, got a bad rap b/ he was to slow? Just look at Rodney Harrison, he isint fast last time I checked. I thought we got rid of him to get a younger faster SS, but we go out and sign the 30 year old Tebucky Jones, who had a bad year last year in NO. Would much rather have Knight here than Jones.

CB- C - Madison is past his peak and will have an OK year, Poole is exciting, what a steal in last years draft, am looking forward to seeing him this year. Howard will be lucky to make the roster if he plays like he did last year, Edwards was HORRIFIC when he was w/ Dallas, (My buddy is a Dallas Fan :barf: , and I could remember how many penalties this guy had, it was amazing how many he had, it really was, anyways I think Daniels will make a great 2nd CB, and mabey take Madisons spot in the future. Dont forget about Roundtree, I think if he has anything, he will be able to beat out Howard and/or Edwards for their jobs.

LB- A - The list goes on and on and on and on, OLB- We lost Greenwood but picked up Crowder who is 3 times as good as him and will make 3 times as less as him :lol: , Not to mention Crowder is 21 :eek: , and Greenwood is 26 :cap:, Seau will do GREAT in a limited role, I dont know if he is young enough to do it all by himself. Moore has something to prove, now that we are moving to the 3-4 he could very well be seeing playing time. Turner if he makes the roster will have to edge some ppl out to even have a chance to play w/ our long list of LB's. Spragan will see some nice playin time, and if injuries occour, wouldent be surprised to see him start a game or 2. ILB- We have Zach (End of story) and Pope who can still prove himself worththy, also we have Crowder here. All in all we have to have on of the strongest LB corpse in the LEAGUE, hands down.
You give our FS an A when 99% of people on here, and probably Nick doesn't know who will be starting. Two oft injured young vets and an undrafted rookie fills me with no confidence. Yet you rip Tebucky who IMO is a significant upgrade over Sammy. Bell has potential, but Tebucky is the only S on this team that inspires me with any confidence.

Our corners aren't that bad. Poole and Daniels are the future. Madison and Howard are starting calibre, and Edwards is the kind of big CB that Saban loves.

Our LB core is not that great. Zach (despite his greatness) and Pope are undersized. I think Pope will contribute very little, JMO. Crowder has the potential to be an upgrade over Greenwood, and whilst he was overpaid, Greenwood was very efficient. Junior will have a good year, IMO, if, and it is a big if, he can stay healthy. Eddie Moore is also undersized for a 3-4, on the occasions when we use that front, however Saban is probably familiar with him and he is good in coverage, he needs to stay healthy. The wildcards to our LB core are JT, Roth and D.Bowens - they could all thrive standing up in a 3-4 look.

Back
Top Bottom